Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by MartinStrummer
Originally Posted by Gypsy_Wind
Originally Posted by VarmintGuy
MartinStrummer: Many decades ago - early in my work career - I was "coerced" into joining three different unions (actually two unions and a "guild").
I would NOT join a "union" of any kind today if my life depended on it!

Are you an AARP member?

No siree, Bob! I don't belong to any retirement group.
If I join one, it will be AMAC!

Association of Mature American Citizens

Right on, MartinStrummer! 👍🏻

Fear the crabcat.

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
It's really pretty simple --- If a company doesn't want to deal with a union there's no reason they should ever need to be concerned with their workforce voting for union representation. All they have to do is treat their employees respectfully, fairly and equally, pay fair 'living' wages with adequate benefits, and provide as safe a workplace as possible and practical for the type of work. There's many, many non union companies that know and practice this and have no fear of their workforce voting for union representation.

P
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
P
Originally Posted by ribka
Ask BuzzH. He’s a proud union leader

And he has a pot belly, low IQ , is an alcoholic and is lazy with zero work ethic . Funny how almost all proud union member possess these characteristics

Hey now,
My family has a proud history of alcoholism (mainly Irish heritage, go figure) but we ain’t none union folk.

So watch your whore mouth.

P

Obey lawful commands. Video interactions. Hold bad cops accountable. Problem solved.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

Member #547
Join date 3/09/2001
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
It is my experience that the worst chitbirds in the plant are part of organizing.

Last edited by Szumi; 04/19/24.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Must be posting from a turkey blind

IC B2

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
It's the Commie way. They used to be a good thing, but like everything the Left touches, they are corrupt.

E
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
E
Originally Posted by ribka
Ask BuzzH. He’s a proud union leader

And he has a pot belly, low IQ , is an alcoholic and is lazy with zero work ethic . Funny how almost all proud union member possess these characteristics
You got a point there😂😂

Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
@gunzo

"... With that said, WTH would could a union do for a Toyota worker bedsides take money out of their pocket. ..."

Lazy adz workers who are only after the paycheck and couldn't give two cents about the product or the company, need "union rules" to protect them.
Even worse, junior employees that show greater skill, ability and desire must languish at the bottom of the seniority roster while fat, ancient, senior employees set low production goals and produce inferior products! NOT because they are more capable, but because they are high on the seniority roster!

They are mainly spineless wimps who don't really want a "job" that requires physical labor and they don't have the guts to stand up to an oppressive boss.
Rather than have the intestinal fortitude to stand up for themselves. They would rather have a union slug smart talk the boss than take a chance on losing that big paycheck.
They sell their pride for money!

THEN....when the union goes on strike, somewhere in the hierarchy, a general chairman (?) sits at home, drawing a normal, union funded paycheck while the dues paying members walk the picket line in sweltering heat or bitter cold for "strike wages"!

Old union adage:
"I want less to do, more time to do it and more money for not getting it done!"

Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by joken2
It's really pretty simple --- If a company doesn't want to deal with a union there's no reason they should ever need to be concerned with their workforce voting for union representation. All they have to do is treat their employees respectfully, fairly and equally, pay fair 'living' wages with adequate benefits, and provide as safe a workplace as possible and practical for the type of work. There's many, many non union companies that know and practice this and have no fear of their workforce voting for union representation.

While I agree with you wholeheartedly, I fear that's not how it works.

If a union wants to organize a workforce, the Gov't requires that the company allow the union to send representatives to organize that workforce.
The Gov't also requires that the union be allowed to recruit that workforce AT their place of business! ....during working hours!
If the union fails in their first attempt to organize, the Gov't also requires that the company allow the union to return and recruit again....and again....and again....until they organize the workforce!
There is no such thing as failure. The union can return as often as they deem necessary.
Kinda like the calcium water drops that form the stalactites and stalagmites in caverns. Unceasingly!

T
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
T
They are directly tied to the commie/authoritarian system. They are actually required to make a top-down system viable.

That's really all any one needs to know.

IC B3

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Everything the commies touch turns to schit.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
G
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
G
All the talk of Remarms leaving NY & over the constraints, taxes & abuse of the state.

A strong feeling here that the union was a bigger factor. The union started bossing the new owners before they could get the lights turned on in NY after their purchase.

C
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
C
I was raised in a 100% union household. Dad an IBEW Journeyman Electrician, Mom an OR Nurse. I've been in a teachers union and 2 different Nurses unions. I hate Union shops. Seniority trumps all. No one IN the union can have any position "above" others. It causes hiring "less than the best" in to supervisory positions and doesn't allow the best folks to teach, train, orient the new folks. The laziest workers spend more time finding the loopholes in the contract than just doing their jobs.

I do feel the actual trade unions are a good thing as you know the folks showing up have at least a certain level of knowledge and experience.

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, used up, worn out, bottle of Jim Beam in one hand and a .45 in the other, loudly proclaiming WOW-- What a Ride!"
H
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
H
The Mercedes plant in Alabama has a vote on unionizing coming very soon.

G
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
G
I worked in a union shop once during my career, the hard core guys would tell you how you were expected to vote. I told one of them that I had a college education and that I felt confident that I could evaluate the issue(s) and decide how to vote without being told how I was expected to vote.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Eric308
Most Union critics suffer from Stockholm Syndrome.
Post your proof.

NRA Member - Life, Benefactor, Patron
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Somehow I am not surprised Eric is a union supporter….

He checks all the “good Dem” boxes…..

H
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
H
VW just elected to go union with the UAW.

This is a major coup for the UAW.

Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
"... I do feel the actual trade unions are a good thing as you know the folks showing up have at least a certain level of knowledge and experience. ..."

Unions are correct in starting young workers in apprenticeship programs. Just drop the dues and the seniority date.
There are trade schools that offer the same, if not better, education as a "union apprenticeship"....without the constraints of a "union". i.e. - when you can work, where you can work, who you can work for and seniority is "moot".

As an afterthought, my hunting buddy is a welder, a very good welder.
As work trailed off in the oil field, he applied for work at a union construction site. Sneering, the "union" told him he would have to pass their "welding test".
Not only did he pass their welding test to get a union card and get the job, the union was begging him to teach in their apprenticeship program. Nope! Not Dave!

Last edited by MartinStrummer; 04/20/24.
H
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by Houston_2
VW just elected to go union with the UAW.

This is a major coup for the UAW.

Mercedes In Alabama next up for a vote.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

566 members (1badf350, 1minute, 240NMC, 160user, 1Longbow, 10ring1, 58 invisible), 2,535 guests, and 1,252 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,339
Posts18,487,720
Members73,969
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.