B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Originally Posted by Jackson_Handy
Originally Posted by BeardedGunsmith
I cant watch these. I seriously want to see a concealed carrier pop out of the blue and loosen his brain matter. It would just make me feel better.

Why wait for someone else to do it?
Not my fight, but it would tickle my dopamine receptors to see someone else do it.

So just Iike everyone else, all talk. Too bad.
If having self control is what you mean, than sure. Many people are able to talk out of anger while not ruining their life by acting on impulse. It sure doesn't mean that I wouldn't like to see someone else do it though.

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by Jeffrey
If that girl was black we’d all be saying she should have done what the cop told her.

And to that point, the girl should have not acted like a damn Norwegian. She behaved like an entitled little brat and the cop pulled her from the car. Cops get shot by 18 year olds often enough.

And why did the picture for the video not come from the actual footage. Hmmmmm….

This is a small town country community of less than 2000 people where most folks know everyone. I live within 15 miles from there and have been there numerous times. She hardly qualified as a threat to anyone. I think she was flustered and couldn't retrieve her registration and ID very fast, but no where did I see where she failed to comply. Regardless, as someone else pointed out, only 1 min 20 sec passed before she was yanked out of the car.
The cop was new to the area was on a power trip trying to show his authority. I have no idea where you saw she was being a brat. Unfortunately we have a few small towns around here where the cops try to act like a big finish in a small pond. I hope the girl and her family receive justice.

3825 24336
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
I cant watch these. I seriously want to see a concealed carrier pop out of the blue and loosen his brain matter. It would just make me feel better.

Not my fight, but it would tickle my dopamine receptors to see someone else do it.

If having self control is what you mean, than sure. Many people are able to talk out of anger while not ruining their life by acting on impulse. It sure doesn't mean that I wouldn't like to see someone else do it though.

That's a very judicious way of saying, a lot of people on here talk a lot of shìt with zero intestinal fortitude to follow through with their "big talk"....

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B

That's a very judicious way of saying, a lot of people on here talk a lot of shìt with zero intestinal fortitude to follow through with their "big talk"....
You'd be correct if the people.you mention are saying things in the form of "I would, I should, I could, etc..." but I don't see that here. These are wishful thoughts and nothing more.

K
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
K
Not sure about their laws, but it’s not dark out. A headlight out at that time of day shouldn’t matter.

Also, the cop replies “good job, you’re going to jail.” Talk about unprofessional.

That right there is your stereotypical cop on a power trip. What a loser.

IC B2

I
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I
The questions which have not been asked:

How did Dad get there so soon?

Did Daughter call Dad as soon as blue lights popped on?

Did Dad say, "Don't worry Honey. I will be right there."?

Was her phone on the entire time with Dad listening?

Did this cop have a reputation around town around town for abuse?

Did Daughter recognize Cop and relay that information to Dad?

Was Cop fired up because Daughter failed to immediately pull over to the side of the road, opting instead to drive a block or two to the store with cameras?

Hell, my wife would be hard pressed to get her license out of the "black hole" that is her purse in 90 seconds if I asked her for it. My youngest daughter at 40 years of age could not pick her license out of a stack of similar cards on the table if confronted by a Cop.

Some people, many young girls, freeze up with fear when confronted. Especially sweet young girls that have never misbehaved in their life. They deserve to not be treated like a hood rat who has spent her entire life evading and working around the law.

The cop was entirely out of line. There was no need to escalate the situation as he did.

Let's not forget, that by the time he approached that car, he had run the plate. He knew who owned it. He knew who was driving it. And he knew the criminal history of anyone associated with the car. He most likely had a copy of the girl's DL showing on the screen of the computer in the passenger seat, as well as insurance status of the vehicle. At least that is SOP for cops around here.

He has had his chance at retraining. It obviously did not take. I am sure the town has a garbage service of some kind. The Jerk can spend the rest of his life riding a garbage truck, escalating confrontations with garbage cans.

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.
I
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I
Originally Posted by Kenwin
Not sure about their laws, but it’s not dark out. A headlight out at that time of day shouldn’t matter.

Also, the cop replies “good job, you’re going to jail.” Talk about unprofessional.

Even in backwards Idaho, you can get a faulty equipment ticket for a headlight in broad daylight. Usually it is a fix-it ticket. Show the judge a receipt for parts or repair, and he tosses the ticket.

At least that is the way it was the last time I saw my buddy get one.

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Originally Posted by Idaho_Shooter

Even in backwards Idaho, you can get a faulty equipment ticket for a headlight in broad daylight. Usually it is a fix-it ticket. Show the judge a receipt for parts or repair, and he tosses the ticket.

Common practice. Unfortunately this young lady ran into an uncommon criminal cop.

“When Tyranny becomes Law, Rebellion becomes Duty”

Colossians 3:17 (New King James Version)
"And whatever you do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through Him."
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
"The questions which have not been asked:

How did Dad get there so soon?

Did Daughter call Dad as soon as blue lights popped on?"

Like I said, it's a small town where most people know each other. It's possible one of the town folk or gas station employees saw what was happening and called the dad.

In this town, speeding with a head light out might of been the worst crime all week. The cop wanted to take full advantage of the opportunity.

3825 24336
J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
That black shìthead should have just complied!

I am MAGA.
IC B3

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R

yeh that was very unprofessional

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Strop10
Originally Posted by Scott_Thornley

And the shìt thing is that not all bad cops are bad cops all of the time. I'm sure he's done plenty of good and has good intentions at times but so do pit bulls until they turn on their owner. This shìt is just becoming too common amd the worst part is that they aren't shunned from existence. Qualified immunity really should be ended. Or maybe make them bonded and insured.

He hasn't been a cop long and has exhibited similar behavior with at least 1 other agency who sent him to more training.

At least agency #1 wasn't amused by the shoddy behavior as the current agency seems to be.

QI ending is one part that would be an improvement. Treating this kind of thing as racketeering would be useful.

QI still needs to exist. There are indeed completely frivolous lawsuits, and QI protects against that.

What needs to happen though, is that the bar for losing QI needs to be drastically lowered. As in - if you need to get remedial training on de-escalation because of how you handled an interaction with the public, well you obviously should have lost QI for that incident.

QI is not protection against frivolous lawsuits, QI is protection for the cops when rights have been violated.

From Cornell Law:

“Qualified immunity balances two important interests—the need to hold public officials accountable when they exercise power irresponsibly and the need to shield officials from harassment, distraction, and liability when they perform their duties reasonably.”

The big issue is that too many judges find that plaintiffs can't prove that government officials had "violated a “clearly established” statutory or constitutional right."

Which leads me to believe that the apparent lack of training regarding the first, fourth and fifth amendments is INTENTIONAL. If it can be proven that you were well educated on those rights, and yet went on to violate them, then it would be easy for plaintiffs to prove that those rights were clearly established and or constitutional.

https://www.law.cornell.edu/wex/qualified_immunity

Go look up some QI granted cases to see what rights aren't "clearly established".

Stealing cash is one of those rights no officer could have realized they were violating.

Jessop v. City of Fresno, No. 17-16756 (9th Cir. 2019) :: Justia
https://law.justia.com/cases/federal/appellate-courts/ca9/17-16756/17-16756-2019-09-04.html

"incident, there was no clearly established law holding that officers violate the Fourth or Fourteenth Amendment when they steal property seized pursuant to a warrant. For that reason, the City Officers were entitled to qualified immunity."

Oh yeah, that’s exactly the kind of judicial nonsense I am talking about. In this case, it is clearly established that theft is criminal. Therefore the officers did not act reasonably. Hence no QI. But IANAL. Also 9th circus, so there is that. Would the same determination have been found in another circuit?

S
Strop10 Online Content OP
Campfire Regular
OP Online Content
Campfire Regular
S

And the shìt thing is that not all bad cops are bad cops all of the time. I'm sure he's done plenty of good and has good intentions at times but so do pit bulls until they turn on their owner. This shìt is just becoming too common amd the worst part is that they aren't shunned from existence. Qualified immunity really should be ended. Or maybe make them bonded and insured.

He hasn't been a cop long and has exhibited similar behavior with at least 1 other agency who sent him to more training.

At least agency #1 wasn't amused by the shoddy behavior as the current agency seems to be.

QI ending is one part that would be an improvement. Treating this kind of thing as racketeering would be useful.

QI still needs to exist. There are indeed completely frivolous lawsuits, and QI protects against that.

What needs to happen though, is that the bar for losing QI needs to be drastically lowered. As in - if you need to get remedial training on de-escalation because of how you handled an interaction with the public, well you obviously should have lost QI for that incident.

QI is not protection against frivolous lawsuits, QI is protection for the cops when rights have been violated.

From Cornell Law:

“Qualified immunity balances two important interests—the need to hold public officials accountable when they exercise power irresponsibly and the need to shield officials from harassment, distraction, and liability when they perform their duties reasonably.”

The big issue is that too many judges find that plaintiffs can't prove that government officials had "violated a “clearly established” statutory or constitutional right."

Which leads me to believe that the apparent lack of training regarding the first, fourth and fifth amendments is INTENTIONAL. If it can be proven that you were well educated on those rights, and yet went on to violate them, then it would be easy for plaintiffs to prove that those rights were clearly established and or constitutional.

https://www.law.cornell.edu/wex/qualified_immunity

Go look up some QI granted cases to see what rights aren't "clearly established".

Stealing cash is one of those rights no officer could have realized they were violating.

Jessop v. City of Fresno, No. 17-16756 (9th Cir. 2019) :: Justia
https://law.justia.com/cases/federal/appellate-courts/ca9/17-16756/17-16756-2019-09-04.html

"incident, there was no clearly established law holding that officers violate the Fourth or Fourteenth Amendment when they steal property seized pursuant to a warrant. For that reason, the City Officers were entitled to qualified immunity."

Oh yeah, that’s exactly the kind of judicial nonsense I am talking about. In this case, it is clearly established that theft is criminal. Therefore the officers did not act reasonably. Hence no QI. But IANAL. Also 9th circus, so there is that. Would the same determination have been found in another circuit?

sCOTUS effectively gave it a thumbs up.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/nicksi...ourt-urged-to-hear-case/?sh=4859b4222877

S
Campfire Regular
OP Online Content
Campfire Regular
S

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by shootem

Common practice. Unfortunately this young lady ran into an uncommon criminal cop.
Nothing “ uncommon” about his behavior, THAT’S the problem

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Give a man a welfare check, a forty ounce malt liquor, a crack pipe, an Obama phone, free health insurance. and some Air Jordan's and he votes Democrat for a lifetime.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
mutha fuqkers like him should be made wear an ankle bracelet so the public can keep track of them...

S
Campfire Regular
OP Online Content
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by steve4102

Nothing “ uncommon” about his behavior, THAT’S the problem

As shown on the video and when the local le investigated themselves and found no wrong doing.

S
Campfire Regular
OP Online Content
Campfire Regular
S

Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
You just made my day!

"Drop that or by the splendor of God I will blow your heart out." Kit Carson

"Make sure you are doing what God wants you to do then do it with all your strength." George Washington
A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Rotten mf doesn’t need out of law enforcement. He needs to be out of the gene pool. Covers all bases. Righteous anger is appropriate.

Go be righteous then. You know where to find him. What are you waiting for?

All this talk and no action...

Someday your ticket will probably get punched. Not by a gang banger with a .45, but by an 18 year old girl with a camera phone and a YouTube account.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
Page 10 of 22 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 21 22

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

572 members (1936M71, 160user, 1minute, 222Sako, 1Longbow, 1beaver_shooter, 62 invisible), 2,413 guests, and 1,418 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,168
Posts18,484,544
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.