Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
When I watch and listen to ads/commercials, I often wonder who in the hell the ads motivate to buy the product. Most of them are so goddam annoying that they steer me away from the advertiser. One example. The Allstate Mayhem guy. Who watches that and thinks, "man, that makes me want Allstate?" That ball licker is so damn irritating, it'd make me stay away from Allstate.

The only ads that I can think of that have worked are those that are run on Walton and Johnson radio. I have chosen two businesses because they support a great radio show and I needed their services, but for that reason only. Other than that, advertising good products for good prices works. So much of the content in commercials isn't even about the product as much as it is a failed effort to somehow entertain.

What was the last thing on radio or TV advertising that worked on you?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Paul, very rarely does a TV ad cause me to even think about whatever is in the ad. They simply don't work in my case, and often I wonder where and with whom they do work.

Over the past 2 years or so they have caused some reactions on my part - and one reactive aspect is the obvious and ridiculous shift to decided over-presentation of minority ethnic types, as if they are going to cure some social ill by shifting the tone/color of ads. Those who worship at the DEI/woke throne are delusional.

NRA Member - Life, Benefactor, Patron
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Very compelling

Originally Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I listen to SuperTalk MS on Saturdays.

The garden show mainly…

It’s made up of maybe 12 or so stations that have localized advertisements.

Some are useful.

Dave

�The man who complains about the way the ball bounces is likely to be the one who dropped it.� Lou Holtz

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Very very few, and actually, if it's TV, I reach to the side and pick up a book for that interval. Also, I'm old, and have damn near everything I need or want. Quite healthy, so the drug adds have no appeal, I'm not in diapers yet, have no skin conditions, already know what foods I like or dislike, I'm insured out the ass, and know a couple lawyers if I need one.

If a significant buy or need pops up, I do a lot of surfing to evaluate reviews and base my decisions on those.

Unsolicited phone calls don't get more than a second. I'll pick up, say "Hello," and if there is no immediate response, or I hear that computer "boonk," I instantly hang up.

I think we're on advertising overload, as the national evening news appears to be about 50% advertising time. I'm thinking of timing it for a couple evenings and giving the networks a little feedback.

Last edited by 1minute; 04/19/24.

1Minute
IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Big Dave is a major shake weight consumer

😂😂😂

Originally Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H
I really can't think of anything that I bought because of advertising. Like 1minute, I really don't need much.

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Larry from Midway has my number. That’s for sure. I’ll buy something and the next day something I was eyeing goes on sale. Bastid…

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Saw an ad for kitkat chocolate mint so the next time I was in a gas station I looked for one and bought

Worked on me

DON’T BE TOO PROUD OF THIS TECHNOLOGICAL TERROR YOU’VE CONSTRUCTED. THE ABILITY TO DESTROY A PLANET IS INSIGNIFICANT NEXT TO THE POWER OF THE FORCE.

- Darth Vader
G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
Well, when standing in front of the pisser for extended periods does have me wondering about super beta prostrate.

Blue Emu joint creme is alluring as well.

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by gunzo
Well, when standing in front of the pisser for extended periods does have me wondering about super beta prostrate.

Blue Emu joint creme is alluring as well.

lolololol

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by 1minute
Very very few, and actually, if it's TV, I reach to the side and pick up a book for that interval. Also, I'm old, and have damn near everything I need or want. Quite healthy, so the drug adds have no appeal, I'm not in diapers yet, have no skin conditions, already know what foods I like or dislike, I'm insured out the ass, and know a couple lawyers if I need one.

If a significant buy or need pops up, I do a lot of surfing to evaluate reviews and base my decisions on those.

Unsolicited phone calls don't get more than a second. I'll pick up, say "Hello," and if there is no immediate response, or I hear that computer "boonk," I instantly hang up.

I think we're on advertising overload, as the national evening news appears to be about 50% advertising time. I'm thinking of timing it for a couple evenings and giving the networks a little feedback.

like!

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
unsolicited ads/commercials typically alienate me and i'l go out of my way to avoid that product... however, i'm a sucker for a well done print ad or Catalog with good photographs of a product i have been thinking about buying anyway... cars, motorcycles, guns, boots, anything of quality, even bicycles... i will dwell on a photo for weeks, months, sometimes years, hoping the urge will pass before i spend the coin... print ads and Catalogs are pretty much a thing of the past now... it saves me money...

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
If advertisin worked on me, I'd be eatin cockroach alfredo at a gay friendly restaurant.

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
No idea. I’m not aware of advertising provoking me into buying something, but I guess that stuff works subliminally or something.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Most of the time advertising just pisses me off and have no idea what personality would be susceptible.

I have a large supplier that I purchase lots of stuff from for work and youtube now spams me with ads for that supplier, but they do it in an extortionist manner - i.e. buy premium and we'll stop harassing you. I'm thinking about notifying the supplier to see if they're aware what they're paying for.

What would Porter Rockwell do?
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Fubarski
If advertisin worked on me, I'd be eatin cockroach alfredo at a gay friendly restaurant.

Yet you spend countless hours a day posting here about how scrumptious Putin's cock tastes.

You're the poster child for how well advertising can work on the smooth brain.

Real Irony is real funny.

John Burns

I have all the sources.
They can't stop the signal.

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Originally Posted by JohnBurns

Yet you spend countless hours a day posting here about how scrumptious Putin's cock tastes.

"Real irony" is wonderin what set your bitch ass off from what was posted.

Since among alla the pussy ass shat ya claim ta do don't count roach snortin far as I know, must be your woman was insulted.

Pologies for insultin your bitch.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by JohnBurns

"Real irony" is wonderin what set your bitch ass off from what was posted.

Since among alla the pussy ass shat ya claim ta do don't count roach snortin far as I know, must be your woman was insulted.

Pologies for insultin your bitch.

It's never not funny to see the keyboard slurring.

[Linked Image from external-content.duckduckgo.com]

John Burns

I have all the sources.
They can't stop the signal.

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Looks like you're on the bottom, tonight.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

249 members (2500HD, 12344mag, 10ring1, 1lessdog, 160user, 264mag, 32 invisible), 1,672 guests, and 1,089 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,630
Posts18,492,978
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.