-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I see it often. Usually some punkass in a gmc sierra, ass-end lowered doing 45mph in the lowes or walmart parking lot. That or some army groid in a volvo

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Was getting my tires rotated at Costco last week and took the opportunity to watch the parking lot.

Grey haired women in Subarus were the worst offenders. Parked in the tire shop slots, though they were shopping. Left the carts on the sidewalk. Parked crooked as fûck and backed out to leave without looking. I laughed but it reinforced my bias to come to town as little as possible.

MAGA
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Gayle didn't stand a chance....

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
A similar thing happened at Costco in Surprize AZ a week or two ago. My wife and I were inside the store when it happened. While checking out, a Costco employee told us to "be safe out there". Seemed like an odd thing to say, but walking out the main entrance we we saw fire and police vehicles everywhere. They were in the process of taping off the area and had a cardboard barricade around the body. 87 yr old lady hit and killed. Driver of vehicle stayed at scene and was cooperating which seems the only difference in this case.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by slumlord
I see it often. Usually some punkass in a gmc sierra, ass-end lowered doing 45mph in the lowes or walmart parking lot. That or some army groid in a volvo

Yep. Same here. Usually wetbacks. They drive me they stole it. You can also bet they have no insurance or a valid DL either.

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by BillyGoatGruff
Was getting my tires rotated at Costco last week and took the opportunity to watch the parking lot.

Grey haired women in Subarus were the worst offenders. Parked in the tire shop slots, though they were shopping. Left the carts on the sidewalk. Parked crooked as fûck and backed out to leave without looking. I laughed but it reinforced my bias to come to town as little as possible.

Y’all have Subaru driving Dikes in Montucky, too ? 😜

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Prolly should be glad we don't have any big stores here.

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
"There's a camera on the RAV4, I tend to use the mirrors mostly and use the camera for the final approach backing up to walls and other vehicles and such."

My F150 has a backup camera. The truck sits so high that you can't see to back up with the rear view mirror. Damn tailgate is in the way.
PJ

Our forefathers did not politely protest the British.They did not vote them out of office, nor did they impeach the king,march on the capitol or ask permission for their rights. ----------------They just shot them.
MOLON LABE
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
I meant the side mirrors PJ.

We have dog crates in the RAV4 which limit visibility on the inside mirror.

My old Tacoma has no camera, or electric windows, or electric locks. It wears a camper shell and has limited visibility through the cab/shell. Outside mirrors are smaller than I prefer, but they do.

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
You want to see dangerous. Cookie's recently endured a hip and knee replacement and is using one of the go-carts furnished by the grocery store. I don't think she'll run over anyone, but she's on the brakes with every potential encounter, and I'm sure she's eventually going to be rear ended.

1Minute
IC B3

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
That's kinda funny 1minute

In it is contentment

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by Redneck
Originally Posted by ol_mike
Sad deal , it doesn't surprise me.
Hope they catch the scumbag.
Ditto...

Why is everyone seem to be thinking this is a male, who was driving and hit this 79 year old woman....

I find that most of the time its some young bimbo driving thru a parking lot, at a high rate of speed... and then even keeps on coming when they see someone backing out.

I spend time over at the local community college, being indirectly involved in the automotive program.

I've ended up on the back window of several Priuses, because as I am walking across the parking lot, you don't hear a Prius start up, because its running on the electric motor at first. Every time its been driven by a woman, and usually one that is either a teacher at the college, or is visiting someone at the college. I see a vehicle when I'm close to it, just back up out of a parking spot. NO warning, no real noise, no driver looking behind them.. no 'Beep Beep Beep' when they back out as a warning.

These women have jumped out of the car and yell at me " why am I jumping up on the back of their car?" My response is usually, because you backed up without looking or giving any indication... my choice was to jump up here, or get ran over by YOU!". These haven't been teen bimbos, these have been women in their 40s or later.

But then I'll concede, I have witnessed many times, younger women with mom's or dad's car, flying thru campus, and running over speed bumps, with a big "bam bam", never slowing down or hitting the brakes to go over the speed bumps.

That dramatically exceeds the number of times, you see young males doing that, or backing up without looking.

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

T
Campfire Member
Online Content
Campfire Member
T
Nothing will attract a crowd faster than someone off their wheelchair in a parking lot.

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Seafire
Originally Posted by Redneck
Originally Posted by ol_mike
Sad deal , it doesn't surprise me.
Hope they catch the scumbag.
Ditto...

Why is everyone seem to be thinking this is a male, who was driving and hit this 79 year old woman....

I find that most of the time its some young bimbo driving thru a parking lot, at a high rate of speed... and then even keeps on coming when they see someone backing out.

I spend time over at the local community college, being indirectly involved in the automotive program.

I've ended up on the back window of several Priuses, because as I am walking across the parking lot, you don't hear a Prius start up, because its running on the electric motor at first. Every time its been driven by a woman, and usually one that is either a teacher at the college, or is visiting someone at the college. I see a vehicle when I'm close to it, just back up out of a parking spot. NO warning, no real noise, no driver looking behind them.. no 'Beep Beep Beep' when they back out as a warning.

These women have jumped out of the car and yell at me " why am I jumping up on the back of their car?" My response is usually, because you backed up without looking or giving any indication... my choice was to jump up here, or get ran over by YOU!". These haven't been teen bimbos, these have been women in their 40s or later.

But then I'll concede, I have witnessed many times, younger women with mom's or dad's car, flying thru campus, and running over speed bumps, with a big "bam bam", never slowing down or hitting the brakes to go over the speed bumps.

That dramatically exceeds the number of times, you see young males doing that, or backing up without looking.

Perhaps "scumbagette" would be appropriate too.

And yeah, those E and hybrid vehicles are dangerous.

In it is contentment

J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
Dangerous?

Does said parking lot feature a small stream?

Boomers are inextricably drawn towards small streams.

I am MAGA.
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
Dangerous?

Does said parking lot feature a small stream?

Boomers are inextricably drawn towards small streams.
I gotta be really careful around the home place, what with the seasonal creek right next to the driveway. Specially risky if I head over to the neighbors place on the paved road over the culvert.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

PS, you gettin' to be almost as mean as that slumlort feller

In it is contentment

J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
Ride Captain...

[video:youtube]https://youtube.com/watchv=OKaSr3B_II?si=n9C_BTHMqlryflUq[/video]

Last edited by Jim_Conrad; 04/19/24.

I am MAGA.
W
WMR Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
Dangerous? Darn right! Buddy slipped on the ice last month and shattered his kneecap. Post-op now, he’ll be limping for months. ☹️

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Valsdad
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
An accident can happen to anyone but leaving the scene is bad doo doo. I hope they catch him. Back up cameras on cars are a big help in parking lots. Our car chirps and yells if anyone is behind us. I've even had a cat set it off.
If one pulls through, or backs in, there is much less chance of hitting someone/thing when backing out. - -
Sensible tactics - but then - have you watched many women try to back into a parking lot space?

NRA Member - Life, Benefactor, Patron
M
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
M
How many others watch for back-up lamps, while walking through parking lots?

I've always been a curmudgeon - now I'm an old curmudgeon.
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

552 members (1OntarioJim, 06hunter59, 204guy, 12344mag, 219DW, 1Longbow, 68 invisible), 2,452 guests, and 1,234 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,301
Posts18,487,081
Members73,967
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.