Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by KenMi
Peterson is rated nearly as high as Lapua. Just ask those that actually shoot and know. Hint

Nothing wrong with current production Peterson brass. I bought some 7mm Rem Mag recently to fireform into .264 Win cases.

HR IC

W
WAM Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
I’ve seen problems with Winchester and Remington brass separating just above the belt due to full length sizing setting the shoulder back and excessive headspace stretching it back out next firing. I think neck sizing or gently FL sizing carefully not to set back the shoulder and cold working the brass. I’ve never had that issue with Norma or Wby 7mm Weatherby brass.

Life Member NRA, RMEF, American Legion, MAGA. Not necessarily in that order.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
The Amazing STUPIDITY of Squirm's,never disappoints. Hint.

Pass the ADG and hold The Fluff. Hint.

Just sayin'............

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Pro Tip.

If someone claims 7mm Rem mag brass needs to be necked up to .338 and then necked down to form a shoulder they probably are not purchasing high quality brass.

It's sort of a defining property of high quality brass that it's ready to go with just a proper FL sizing.

Last edited by JohnBurns; 04/20/24.

John Burns

I have all the sources.
They can't stop the signal.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
New, high-quality brass needs FL sizing before shooting? That's why I like the Peterson stuff - I comes in a nice plastic ammo box with foam padding on top so nothing gets dinged up. Load and shoot - no fiddle farting around. Lapua used to do similar and then then just started throwing them in all loose in a blue box, letting them bang and bruise each other. Shipping gorillas make sure of that.

IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
The Drooling Dumbfhuqktitude of the CLUELESS doing their best,is never not fhuqking magnificently HILARIOUS. Hint.

I missed it where anyone stated to bump .284" to .338" in order to realize a false shoulder,as that is just as fhuqking STUPID as FL sizing Virgins. Hint.

How/where you Fhuqktards DREAM this schit up,is plum fhuqking amazing. Hint.

Just sayin'...............

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by JohnBurns
Pro Tip.

If someone claims 7mm Rem mag brass needs to be necked up to .338 and then necked down to form a shoulder they probably are not purchasing high quality brass.

Who claimed the above?

P
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
P
I’ve used both Peterson and ADG. The ADG is better brass. You can’t wear it out, it is very consistent, and makes good ammo.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
AGD is in a class by itself! Make no mistake about it!

Winchester would be my second choice.

Nosler, Federal, is junk....soft.

I had some peterson that would not take the pressures I was running, and I don't feel that the quality was there as I expected for premium

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I’m still using RP brass I bought in the 70’s.

I prefer classic.
Semper Fi
I used to run with the hare. Now I'm envious of the tortoise and I do my own stunts but rarely intentionally
IC B3

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
I don`t think it as much a function of the brass, as it is the people reloading it.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Sweetie,

Your Dumbfhuqktitude is ALL your's... you "lucky" kchunt. Hint.

Bless your heart.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!..............

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
I remember seeing Big Stick’s pictures of the Peterson brass and I’ve heard from others who weren’t happy with Peterson. I’ve heard nothing but good things about ADG. Knowing how much Big Stick shoots and loads “everything” I’d be inclined to take his advice…

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
I've been using older lots of Nosler brass, and never had a problem of any kind with longevity, or accuracy in my hunting loads. Same goes for the Chargemaster that some folks on the 'fire love to hate.

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
Originally Posted by MuskegMan
Originally Posted by PatagoniaHunter
Hi David,

To me RWS or LAPUA. Get 50 or 100 and you are done.

Good luck

PH

Lapua doesn't make any belted mag brass

They make 300 WM brass. So if someone absolutely had to have Lapua brass for his 7 RM, he could form it from the 300 WM brass, although it would be a lot of work for questionable gain.

P
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
P
Originally Posted by CGPAUL
I don`t think it as much a function of the brass, as it is the people reloading it.

How so?

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by David_Walter
Meaning go 300 WM brass and neck down?

Originally Posted by Big Stick
Pass the false shoulder and hold The Fluff. Hint.

Peterson is absolute fhuqking Dog Schit. Hint.

Just sayin'...............

🤦‍♂️ oh my

Ping pong balls for the win.
Once you've wrestled everything else in life is easy. Dan Gable
I keep my circle small, I’d rather have 4 quarters than 100 pennies.

Ain’t easy havin pals.
F
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
F
Got some Peterson at a good price recently. Haven’t messed with it yet. Got the long 300 win mag and it chambers in my M77 well.

Gonna try Sig 7MM REM Mag brass in another M77. Plan to expand it with a .308 mandrel to make a false shoulder. I’ve got nothing better to do.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
I have used Prterson’s .300 Win Mag long, which is 0.010” longer base to datum line, which is like using once fired brass. Liked it so much bought some more and also some .300 PRC. I’ve used Lapua .300 Win Mag brass and the Peterson .300 Win Mag long is better.

Peterson’s .300 PRC is at least equal to, perhaps better than, Lapua.

All of that was purchased in the last two years or so. It has been uniformly excellent quality.

Also have used Alpha and ADG, both are solid quality too.

Starline is a good, solid value option.

Hornady brass is ok, not great.

Winchester seems to have gone off a cliff.

Remington does not even appear on the radar anymore. Ironically, ADG was started by a former Remington engineer.

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
It`s been covered here about a thousand times...set the die up so the brass fits the chamber in YOUR rifle, again a thousand times...and don`t hot-rod the sucker...as in primer pocket life...a Chrony helps....Weigh each lot of brass your gonna use, some lots/brands are gonna be different, heavier, lighter, I seperate by weight, you decide what works for you,....adjust powder charge acordingly, in particular if working close to the top end...chrony very helpful here.
I aneal every loading....R-P, Win, Fed, Wby..can`t say I`ve had a "problem" with any, other than the expense of Wby.

Treat non-magnums the same.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

500 members (12344mag, 160user, 10gaugeman, 17CalFan, 10gaugemag, 01Foreman400, 48 invisible), 2,258 guests, and 1,128 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,509
Posts18,490,747
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.