Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by CCCC
Originally Posted by Valsdad
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
An accident can happen to anyone but leaving the scene is bad doo doo. I hope they catch him. Back up cameras on cars are a big help in parking lots. Our car chirps and yells if anyone is behind us. I've even had a cat set it off.
If one pulls through, or backs in, there is much less chance of hitting someone/thing when backing out. - -
Sensible tactics - but then - have you watched many women try to back into a parking lot space?

Not just women

My buddy can back up and hit the only other object in an otherwise empty parking lot

And has done so many times

DON’T BE TOO PROUD OF THIS TECHNOLOGICAL TERROR YOU’VE CONSTRUCTED. THE ABILITY TO DESTROY A PLANET IS INSIGNIFICANT NEXT TO THE POWER OF THE FORCE.

- Darth Vader

W
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
W
Originally Posted by 1minute
You want to see dangerous. Cookie's recently endured a hip and knee replacement and is using one of the go-carts furnished by the grocery store. I don't think she'll run over anyone, but she's on the brakes with every potential encounter, and I'm sure she's eventually going to be rear ended.

Hope she heals quick. We need her back taking pics.

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Leanwolf
Be watchful of careless drivers. Hit and run death in a parking lot. This happened to one of my sister's-in-law friends.

https://www.arkansasonline.com/news/2024/apr/18/police-searching-for-driver-in-fatal-hit-and-run/

Keep your eyes open. There's more danger in a parking lot than just assaultists.

L.W.

Ain't that the truth.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
We tackling the real issues now. Dangerous parking lots....

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
A commercial building parking lot is in fact a very dangerous place, the law breakers know the parking lots are private property, so no tickets for things like speeding or wrecks in a parking lot at least here in FL. Add the grocery stores with Liquor or Liquor Stores in the complex, where people go to get more liquor, mid drunk. The entire parking lot is a condition Yellow. Watch out in those sloped lots with those big SS carts, saw a woman in Destin let go of her full cart to open a car door, it hit a car broadside, 1/2 way down the lot from her at about 20 mph, did about $3k worth of damage. Good entrainment to get a cool drink and sit behind an island and watch the lot show.

“To expect defeat is nine-tenths of defeat itself. It becomes a self-fulfilling prophecy. It is best to plan for all eventualities then believe in success, and only cross the failure bridge if you come to it."
Francis Marion - The Swamp Fox
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
My greatest fear driving is the parking lot environment when I'm out with our long bed crew cab F350. In low or reverse (manual) that rig could shove most of today's cars across the lot at an idle, and I'd not notice a bit of resistance. Given the preponderance of compact cars now, one needs about a 3-point turn to fit into the tiny slots available. Once in, the trucks length consumes about 1 and 1/2 spaces even without its stinger.

1Minute
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

596 members (1lessdog, 160user, 17CalFan, 222Sako, 219 Wasp, 219DW, 64 invisible), 2,281 guests, and 1,274 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,284
Posts18,486,844
Members73,967
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.