-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
As often happens with the ‘Campfire, especially when the weather ain’t so bad, I’ll see a thought provoking article, but until I think about it and decide what I want to say, it’s 15 pages long and in the midst of a whizzing contest!😀
Such it was with the cop pulling over the 18 year old young lady and deciding she wasn’t “Respecting enough of his Authoritah” to paraphrase Cartman!🤬
It reminded me of this experiment, and by extension, the Nazi guards in the death camps of WW2, who were “only following orders”.
The Milgram Experiment
When pinning a freaking badge on your shirt sends you on a power trip like this guy seems to be enjoying, you got no freaking business being anywhere near a damn badge! It used to be that police departments got rid of guys like this, or training and experience took care of the problem naturally.
At least 30 or 40 years ago it seemed to be so.
Nowadays we’re living next door to a “police state”, it seems like these are the guys running the show in a lotta small town departments.
Once upon a time, most LEOs had families and lived in the community they served.
Things seem to have changed quite a bit. I’m thinking of the metro police forcefully vacating WW2 veterans away from the memorial a few years ago, shutting down churches over covid lockdowns, and by the way, standing aside by orders while rioting mobs looted stores and destroyed public property.
We live in a much different world from the ones where we watched Adam 12 and CHIPS on tv!
Growing up watching tv shows like that and having real world experiences with police officers back then, and seeing what most Police departments are made up of now, makes the realist in me say WTF is going on.?
Still think they won’t go door to door collecting guns from civilians?
Reon

"Preserving the Constitution, fighting off the nibblers and chippers, even nibblers and chippers with good intentions, was once regarded by conservatives as the first duty of the citizen. It still is." � Wesley Pruden

E
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
E
I hear ya reon 👍

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

578 members (12344mag, 1beaver_shooter, 1234, 06hunter59, 17CalFan, 10Glocks, 61 invisible), 2,186 guests, and 1,235 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,767
Posts18,495,681
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.