Print Thread
Hop To
Page 15 of 22 1 2 13 14 15 16 17 21 22
B
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
B
Let the law suits begin!

If you do what you've always done, then you will get what you've always got.
Carpe Diem,
bgcatty
NRA Patriot Life Benefactor Member

S
Strop10 Online Content OP
Campfire Regular
OP Online Content
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by Hotrod_Lincoln
Originally Posted by GringoCazador
Brian R.P. Schimmel will probably find another law enforcement job my guess. Might not be high paying but somebody somewhere will hire him.

It's a lot more likely he will end up unemployed, and unemployable once his little video performance is shown to any PD boss stupid enough to give him a job in the first place. He will wear the "Mark of Cain" for the rest of his miserable life- - - -hopefully, it will be a short one. If justice is served eventually, a bigger, more powerful bully will stomp his sociopath azz into a mudhole and laugh while he's doing it. Karma is a beeyotch!

There was previous video footage from his time with a former agency that resulted in him being sent back for more training and none of that mattered to South Whitley PD.

South Whitley PD knew about the slamming the 18 year old female incident for 2 months and thought it was fine and dandy.

There is no reason to believe he won't get hired at another agency.

S
Campfire Regular
OP Online Content
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by Jackson_Handy
Originally Posted by Fireball2
Handy's about to blow a fuse.

LOL

Blow a fuse? I'm hoping that one of these hardcore 24hr members would do the lords work and "loosen his brain matter" (in the words of the BeardedGunsmith)

All cawps are bastards.....should be treated as such.

I've written it now multiple times, police forces should not exist. Hopefully one day that happens. Free people should not be harassed by government goons.

S
Campfire Regular
OP Online Content
Campfire Regular
S
Offiver Schimmel's active imagination in written form.

https://www.facebook.com/share/WXnLysRPzyqxEaJo/?mibextid=xfxF2i

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Strop10

He's not fit to patrol an ant farm. What an a s s h o l e.

LOL
IC B2

S
Campfire Regular
OP Online Content
Campfire Regular
S

The question now is where is he slapping on a new uniform tomorrow.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S

The question now is where is he slapping on a new uniform tomorrow.

FBI, Khakis and a Red ball cap. Oh, and Ray-Bans

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Give a man a welfare check, a forty ounce malt liquor, a crack pipe, an Obama phone, free health insurance. and some Air Jordan's and he votes Democrat for a lifetime.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Seems like I always have been a strong supporter of LEOs wherever we have lived and worked, and for very good reasons. But, great appreciation for all of the fine cops I have known or seen perform does not erase the experiences of the occasional bad ones - the contrast only intensifies the differences.

For me, the biggest lesson from this example is the attitude aspect. It pops up as a glaring example at times. No matter how much knowledge of the job and good training takes place, some individuals will abuse the role/authority and fail to serve as sworn. There is something in their makeup and personal needs that is overly selfish - so the specific knowledge, training and heavy authority tends to intensify the bad behavior they cannot resist.

One good addition to the LEO hiring criteria would be a definitive test to reveal such disqualifying personality and attitude traits - before any training is even attempted.

NRA Member - Life, Benefactor, Patron
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by CCCC
Seems like I always have been a strong supporter of LEOs wherever we have lived and worked, and for very good reasons. But, great appreciation for all of the fine cops I have known or seen perform does not erase the experiences of the occasional bad ones - the contrast only intensifies the differences.

For me, the biggest lesson from this example is the attitude aspect. It pops up as a glaring example at times. No matter how much knowledge of the job and good training takes place, some individuals will abuse the role/authority and fail to serve as sworn. There is something in their makeup and personal needs that is overly selfish - so the specific knowledge, training and heavy authority tends to intensify the bad behavior they cannot resist.

One good addition to the LEO hiring criteria would be a definitive test to reveal such disqualifying personality and attitude traits - before any training is even attempted.

lol

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P

Excellent points.

An important additional factor is the culture of the particular department. It does vary.

As far as the screening procedures, the main fly in that ointment is time and cost. There is no quick and cost effective psychological assessment procedure. Understandably, that has been sort of a holy grail of LE agencies. I call it psychologist in a can, doesn't exist. The most that departments typically do is administer something like the MMPI, have the results reviewed by a psychologist. The problem with that is that candidates are motivated to lie, and do. The MMPI will detect faking, but not correct for it. It just reduces the validity of the test. Faking on employment tests was the subject of my master's thesis. There is no shortcut, easy answer. Careful multi-step selection followed by ongoing training and monitoring, while protecting the rights of the employee. Good leadership at all levels. Political support.

I recall there was some research that indicated that the quality of the FTO was a big factor in how the new officer turned out. No surprise.

Of course for decades there has been affirmative action, now called DEI, with the civil rights establishment attacking on the basis of "adverse impact". Forced LE agencies and many others to throw out their best hiring practices in favor of a numbers game.

Last edited by Paul39; 04/21/24.

Stupidity has its way, while its cousin, evil, runs rampant.
IC B3

H
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
H
I wonder how many steroids Dudley Do-Wrong uses on a daily basis? There are probalbly pro football players, body builders, or MMA professionals with lower roid levels than this scumbag!

Ignorance can be fixed. Stupid is forever!
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S

This Bad Apple cops giving Good cops a bad reputation Bullschit is why thy continue to do what they do with impunity.

If a “good” cop witnesses a “ Bad” cop doing what bad cops do and does nothing, HE IS A BAD COP. DUH

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Give a man a welfare check, a forty ounce malt liquor, a crack pipe, an Obama phone, free health insurance. and some Air Jordan's and he votes Democrat for a lifetime.
RAS Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Before we get to the details of this, what has happened to the law enforcement profession in the last 5 years?

It’s been dragged through the mud by the left.

I used to think that I could do a profession like this. Now, you couldn’t pay me enough to do it. I think there are a lot of officers serving now that wouldn’t be serving 10 years ago because they suck and wouldn’t get hired. Bet you get what you get in the application process. As with any profession that requires the management of high stress situations, it’s imperative to have the right kind of person. And that person needs to be appreciated and compensated. But since the profession has been so vilified, here we are.

More of this is going to happen unfortunately. It was the Left’s intent all along IMO.

RAS

"...aspire to live quietly, and to mind your own affairs, and to work with your hands, as we instructed you, so that you may walk properly before outsiders and be dependent on no one." - Paul to the church in Thessalonica.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by RAS
Before we get to the details of this, what has happened to the law enforcement profession in the last 5 years?

Smart Phones and personal Dash Cams, their behavior has not changed, they now can no longer hide and lie.

S
Campfire Regular
OP Online Content
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by RAS

It’s been dragged through the mud by the left.

The only thing new is more and more video recording devices along with the ability to share the video.

Originally Posted by RAS
. And that person needs to be appreciated and compensated.

He was making about $10k more(@ 30%) per year than the average person in that county.

Every "cop commits wrong doing" story I can recall where not getting paid enough comes up as an excuse will have the cop's salary significantly higher than the average person in that county.

The average person(making less) isn't going to engage in criminal behavior.

If the average person(making less money) engages in criminal behavior, anyone defending their actions under the "not earning enough" banner will typically be ridiculed by the crowd that uses the "not earning enough" excuse for bad cops.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
That officer, and others like him, have no place in Law Enforcement.

Jim

S
Campfire Regular
OP Online Content
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by Paul39

Excellent points.

An important additional factor is the culture of the particular department. It does vary.

As far as the screening procedures, the main fly in that ointment is time and cost. There is no quick and cost effective psychological assessment procedure. Understandably, that has been sort of a holy grail of LE agencies. I call it psychologist in a can, doesn't exist. The most that departments typically do is administer something like the MMPI, have the results reviewed by a psychologist. The problem with that is that candidates are motivated to lie, and do. The MMPI will detect faking, but not correct for it. It just reduces the validity of the test. Faking on employment tests was the subject of my master's thesis. There is no shortcut, easy answer. Careful multi-step selection followed by ongoing training and monitoring, while protecting the rights of the employee. Good leadership at all levels. Political support.

I recall there was some research that indicated that the quality of the FTO was a big factor in how the new officer turned out. No surprise.

Of course for decades there has been affirmative action, now called DEI, with the civil rights establishment attacking on the basis of "adverse impact". Forced LE agencies and many others to throw out their best hiring practices in favor of a numbers game.

He's a Caucasian male, same as [bleep](now dead [bleep]) Darrel Cain was in early 1970s Dallas, Texas.

https://www.findagrave.com/memorial/197820371/darrell-lee-cain

The municipality had video footage of Schimmel being an [bleep] and his written version of events(which had very little resemblance to the video footage) for almost 3 months and were pleased with his actions. There is also video of him being an [bleep] before they hired and a record of him being sent back for retraining due to being an [bleep].

They didn't miss some barely perceptible tell that he is an [bleep]. They knew he was an [bleep] and liked what they saw.

J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
Menstrual cramps getting to ya Strop?

I am MAGA.
S
Campfire Regular
OP Online Content
Campfire Regular
S
[quote=Jim_Conrad]Menstrual cramps getting to ya Strop?Country?

Not a female so I wouldn't know.

Pretending(which is what "identifying as" used to be called) seems to be more of your kind of thing.

Why does it bother you that video of Officer Schimmel roughing up a compliant and petite 18 year old female is getting viewed around the country?

S
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
S
Seems like this psych exam was correct but this department hired them anyway.
https://www.nbcbayarea.com/news/local/alameda-sheriff-deputies/3013680/
This supposed cop can't recognize a flustered intimidated 115 lb. girl. Stay alert but maybe talk her down to do your job and leave a positive experience in her mond.

Fight fire, save lives, laugh in the face of danger.

Stupid always finds a way.
Page 15 of 22 1 2 13 14 15 16 17 21 22

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

536 members (1beaver_shooter, 06hunter59, 1badf350, 204guy, 1Longbow, 1OntarioJim, 52 invisible), 2,449 guests, and 1,261 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,308
Posts18,487,182
Members73,968
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.