E
Originally Posted by earlybrd
Originally Posted by Strop10
Strip10 where’s the kingdom of nye?

Possibly near your location.
I doubt that
Is ur kingdom of nye some fantasy land or some schit?

Last edited by earlybrd; 04/21/24.
S
Strop10 Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by navlav8r
That cop is lucky he didn’t yank her shoulder out of joint or his paycheck would be getting big bites out of it forever.

There will probably be a civil suit and settlement off a deprivation of rights claim.

He is just about guaranteed to not have to pay a penny towards any civil payout due to qualified immunity and that would likely hold true if he dislocated her shoulder or even amputated her arm at the shoulder.

The amputation scenario would actually increase his chances of being granted QI.

S
Strop10 Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
S

I doubt that

You like fantasy land based on your making up tales like Schimmel does.

E
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
E

I doubt that

Keep dreamin dumfuk

IC B2

S
Strop10 Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
S

I doubt that

Keep dreamin dumfuk

No dream.

You and Schimmel went to the effort of writing down your lies and doing a hatchet job on anyone that isn't enamored with your lies.

E
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
E

I doubt that

Keep dreamin dumfuk

No dream.

You and Schimmel went to the effort of writing down your lies and doing a hatchet job on anyone that isn't enamored with your lies.
🥴 are you that fuqkin stoopid

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S

I doubt that

Keep dreamin dumfuk

No dream.

Don't Feed the Trolls

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Give a man a welfare check, a forty ounce malt liquor, a crack pipe, an Obama phone, free health insurance. and some Air Jordan's and he votes Democrat for a lifetime.
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by Paul39
Originally Posted by smarquez
Seems like this psych exam was correct but this department hired them anyway.
https://www.nbcbayarea.com/news/local/alameda-sheriff-deputies/3013680/

That makes no sense. I've never heard of a psychological test being scored like an achievement test with letter grades. Plus, the purpose of those tests is prediction, so after they've been on the job for a time and performed satisfactorily with no problems, the test is more or less moot. Unless there's some sort of "ticking bomb" theory, and that would be a huge stretch of the predictive validity of such tests. Which, by the way, is a major argument against requiring psych. testing of prospective gun owners.

It looks to me like a can of worms for the agency and its govt. Legal liabilities all over the place, including the deputies having a cause of action. A lawyers' field day.
This happened after a deputy murdered a man and woman in their home. Not sure of all the circs but a reasonable person would never get to murder as a problem solution unless it was righteous self defense. After reviewing his records the department went back, likely to his test and hire date and saw the dangerous liability of taking a guess and dropped all the D's on psych evals. I recall a couple friends telling me their backgrounds took a year as they were being kind of monitored in his day to day life.
Things are different now days.

Fight fire, save lives, laugh in the face of danger.

Stupid always finds a way.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by ribka
Originally Posted by CCCC
Seems like I always have been a strong supporter of LEOs wherever we have lived and worked, and for very good reasons. But, great appreciation for all of the fine cops I have known or seen perform does not erase the experiences of the occasional bad ones - the contrast only intensifies the differences.

For me, the biggest lesson from this example is the attitude aspect. It pops up as a glaring example at times. No matter how much knowledge of the job and good training takes place, some individuals will abuse the role/authority and fail to serve as sworn. There is something in their makeup and personal needs that is overly selfish - so the specific knowledge, training and heavy authority tends to intensify the bad behavior they cannot resist.

One good addition to the LEO hiring criteria would be a definitive test to reveal such disqualifying personality and attitude traits - before any training is even attempted.

lol
Kindly explain the humor you derive from this.

NRA Member - Life, Benefactor, Patron
IC B3

E
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
E
Sorry to offend ur boi frind 🤣

S
Strop10 Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by ribka
Seems like I always have been a strong supporter of LEOs wherever we have lived and worked, and for very good reasons. But, great appreciation for all of the fine cops I have known or seen perform does not erase the experiences of the occasional bad ones - the contrast only intensifies the differences.

For me, the biggest lesson from this example is the attitude aspect. It pops up as a glaring example at times. No matter how much knowledge of the job and good training takes place, some individuals will abuse the role/authority and fail to serve as sworn. There is something in their makeup and personal needs that is overly selfish - so the specific knowledge, training and heavy authority tends to intensify the bad behavior they cannot resist.

One good addition to the LEO hiring criteria would be a definitive test to reveal such disqualifying personality and attitude traits - before any training is even attempted.

lol
Kindly explain the humor you derive from this.

Did you notice how the city knew what they were getting when they hired Schimmel and then were delighted for almost 3 months after he made good on his behavior?

Ribka may be part of South Whitley, IN.gov, or he may be a supporter of Schimmel living outside the area. There are plenty of people who support that kind of le behavior.

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
About 15 years ago a private investigator came to my place, very decent and professional guy, and asked if he could talk to me about my neighbor. This neighbor had applied to the Springfield, Mo. police dept. Springfield is a 4 1/2 hour drive from here so this guy was putting some effort into his job. This young man grew up about a mile down the road and I knew he would do them an excellent job but for some reason he didn't get hired. What impressed me was the time spent by the hiring end to vet this young man. I appreciated the effort.

On the other hand another neighbor applied for the county next door that was looking for a deputy. Me and 3 other people had heard this punk tell his parents he would kill them if they made him move out, he was about 30. He was/still is a deadbeat. I called the sheriff, I know him well, and explained what I knew. They still hired him. He is a liability. These depts. are adding to a terrible public image when they let scum work for them.

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
This happened after a deputy murdered a man and woman in their home. Not sure of all the circs but a reasonable person would never get to murder as a problem solution unless it was righteous self defense. After reviewing his records the department went back, likely to his test and hire date and saw the dangerous liability of taking a guess and dropped all the D's on psych evals. I recall a couple friends telling me their backgrounds took a year as they were being kind of monitored in his day to day life.

Wow. Tragic situation. Given the totality of the circumstances, makes sense that they would leave no stone unturned. Like I said, a field day for lawyers. Like you said, things are different now days. Still, seems like an unusual way to use the tests, with grading into letter categories. Ability tests, aptitude, intelligence, maybe. Mental fitness tests, not a conventional procedure. I'd need to know more specifics, though, to form a firm opinion.

Absent a history of violent behavior, it's very difficult to predict. A psych exam can tell where a person is at the time. Predicting future behavior is little more than a crap shoot. Past behavior is the best predictor.

Stupidity has its way, while its cousin, evil, runs rampant.
H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
With the current shortage of seat warmers in patrol cars, some (maybe most) cities will hire just about any moron with a GED to pin on a badge and strap on a gun, a taser, a baton, and a couple of cans of Mace. It's no wonder that more than a few nutcases slip through the holes in the net that's supposed to protect John Q. Public from bullies with badges.

Then their colleagues who really don't want to work double shifts to take up the slack cover for them until the problem gets so bad it can't be ignored. Hopefully, nobody gets killed before the scumbags show their true colors.

Ignorance can be fixed. Stupid is forever!
S
Strop10 Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
S

Wow. Tragic situation. Given the totality of the circumstances, makes sense that they would leave no stone unturned. Like I said, a field day for lawyers. Like you said, things are different now days. Still, seems like an unusual way to use the tests, with grading into letter categories. Ability tests, aptitude, intelligence, maybe. Mental fitness tests, not a conventional procedure. I'd need to know more specifics, though, to form a firm opinion.

Absent a history of violent behavior, it's very difficult to predict. A psych exam can tell where a person is at the time. Predicting future behavior is little more than a crap shoot. Past behavior is the best predictor.

Schimmel had a history of violent behavior within the last few months the city of South Whitley knew about and liked.

As for California

1) the article didn't say the D grades had performed satisfactorily with no problems.

2) this is the Devin mentioned who was later revealed to have not passed his. Sounds like a problem.

https://www.sfchronicle.com/eastbay/article/A-deputy-is-suspected-of-executing-a-couple-17473541.php

I'm not going to offer a semester course on this topic.

1) If the performance of some was not up to standards, corrective action should be taken on that basis, not against a whole group based on a test score. ex post facto

2) Tests aren't perfect predictors and should not be the sole basis for hiring decisions. Being on either side of a cutoff score is not some kind of conclusive proof of negligent hiring. A group of factors would have to be considered. Kind of a due diligence review.

You don't need to offer anything.

Just go back and read the article instead of adding a defense in to it for those who didn't pass their test.

On top of that, it's California.

Does California.gov:

A) grant special priveleges to anyone that can't be shown as being a trouble maker over a 10 year period?

B) constantly tries to remove rights from people who have done nothing wrong to anyone with the little D grade henchmen gleefully carrying out California.gov's orders?

S
Strop10 Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by Hotrod_Lincoln
With the current shortage of seat warmers in patrol cars, some (maybe most) cities will hire just about any moron with a GED to pin on a badge and strap on a gun, a taser, a baton, and a couple of cans of Mace. It's no wonder that more than a few nutcases slip through the holes in the net that's supposed to protect John Q. Public from bullies with badges.

Then their colleagues who really don't want to work double shifts to take up the slack cover for them until the problem gets so bad it can't be ignored. Hopefully, nobody gets killed before the scumbags show their true colors.

When was there a net that was supposed to protect the public from bullies with badges?

https://www.findagrave.com/memorial/197820371/darrell-lee-cain

Colleagues circled the wagon for Cain too.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
I case you ladies missed it while y’all were bickering, a page back had a link where the cop was fired.

S
Strop10 Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by Stammster
I case you ladies missed it while y’all were bickering, a page back had a link where the cop was fired.

Not exactly a sign of correction.

South Whitley, IN.gov was aware of Schimmel’s behavioral problems when they hired him.

He was fired almost 3 months after the incident, during which time South Whitley, IN.gov stated he did everything correctly other than letting the father talk to the daughter(ie, not enough hardass).

He was fired less than a week after John Bryan(The Civil Rights Lawyer YouTube channel) did a negative review on all of the video that South Whitley, IN.gov claimed was top notch le work AND started getting South Whitley, IN.gov negative attention.

Also in that less than a week, South Whitley, IN.gov pulled down their social media sites and had their phones disconnected.

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
The main take away from a majority of Strops posts are

1. All cops are evil
2. Cops shouldn't exist
3. Cops have never done anything positive, ever.

To argue with this irrational fùcking retard that can not comprehend reality is a complete waste of time.

Just agree and move on. All cops suck, are evil, should be murdered, the world would be better.

The end. Maybe one day he'll get his wish and the police will magically go away, I'm rooting for him.

Last edited by Jackson_Handy; 04/21/24.
Page 17 of 22 1 2 15 16 17 18 19 21 22

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

572 members (222Sako, 12344mag, 160user, 240NMC, 1lessdog, 17CalFan, 65 invisible), 2,251 guests, and 1,267 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,288
Posts18,486,906
Members73,967
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.