Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Considering how effective the “War on Drugs” has been over the past 40+ years I find it beyond ignorant to support the further erosion of personal freedom and the exponential expansion of the DRACONIAN POLICE STATE! That alone should cause anyone with a room temperature IQ pause…

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Timbermaster
Anybody ever met a smart, successful, professional, attorney or doctor or business owner who consumes marijuana? Personally I know dozens. Some of you folks are associating with the wrong crowd. But I can see both sides of the coin. Pieces of [bleep] who drink alcohol and consume marinuana were pieces of [bleep] before that.
No, but I know several who I wouldn't trust to sign their name correctly much less perform professional duties.

Politics is War by Other Means
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by RHClark
Yea, that's unfortunate. The mistaken assumption you are making however is that legality mattered to those jerk off's you hired. You honestly think those idiots wouldn't be high except for the law? Yes, the government will operate it at their usual level of corruption. I think it boils down to whether you believe we are better off now with the government in control of alcohol than we were in the days when alcohol was illegal. Marijuana legalization bears much the same parallels in history except that it is less lethal.
A lot of people base their morality on what's legal and what's not. What legalizing MJ has done/will do is increase the number of users.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I'll have to tell the story of my paranoid college roommate sometime. He was *real* successful. /sarc

Or some of the guys from HS.

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by Tyrone
Yea, that's unfortunate. The mistaken assumption you are making however is that legality mattered to those jerk off's you hired. You honestly think those idiots wouldn't be high except for the law? Yes, the government will operate it at their usual level of corruption. I think it boils down to whether you believe we are better off now with the government in control of alcohol than we were in the days when alcohol was illegal. Marijuana legalization bears much the same parallels in history except that it is less lethal.
A lot of people base their morality on what's legal and what's not. What legalizing MJ has done/will do is increase the number of users.

Do you think we should make alcohol illegal, again? If not, why? Doesn't the exact same argument apply?

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Do you think we should make alcohol illegal, again? If not, why? Doesn't the exact same argument apply?
It's within the bounds of prudence.
One difference, however, is that alcohol is food, THC is not.

P
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
P
Need for Safe, Pure, Taxed, Marijuana.

Two out three ain't bad.

Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular

Actually, Genesis 1:29 says that "every plant bearing seed I have given to you as food.". Paraphrased.

Don't believe everything you think.

You ain't learnin' nothin' when you're talking.
A
Campfire Ranger
OP Online Content
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by packrat77

Actually, Genesis 1:29 says that "every plant bearing seed I have given to you as food.". Paraphrased.

So if you (not you personally) use the Bible as justification to fund Israel, then you must also justify legalized cannabis as well. Unless you’re just a hypocrite .

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Marijuana has been legal in Canada several years.

If you come across a marijuana user, almost to a person they bitch about the government approved product being [bleep]. They hate it. Heavy users likely still have their street dealers.

IC B3

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R

I wouldn't call it food. If you think it's food, just see how long you can live consuming nothing except alcohol. It would be more accurate to call it a dose dependent liver toxin. You can consume enough alcohol to kill you pretty easily. You can't consume enough THC in any natural form to kill you.

Not only that but the Asians have used marijuana as a food source for over 2000 years.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by packrat77

Go eat a bowl of poison hemlock then.

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Hemlock needles were boiled into a tea that provided vitamin C and prevented scurvy and death to early explorers. Some parts of some plants are deadly while the other parts of them are beneficial!…..😉

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

I wouldn't call it food. If you think it's food, just see how long you can live consuming nothing except alcohol. It would be more accurate to call it a dose dependent liver toxin. You can consume enough alcohol to kill you pretty easily. You can't consume enough THC in any natural form to kill you.

Not only that but the Asians have used marijuana as a food source for over 2000 years.
A better comparison would be wine or beer to MJ. Wine and beer are both food. THC is not, not even to the extent that alcohol itself is. Alcohol has calories.

As far as Asians using it as a food source, it would be far better and more viable to use non-psychoactive hemp instead. Perhaps that is what you meant in the first place?

Death isn't the only outcome of poisoning. Poisoning could result in anything from baldness to death or anything in between. In the case of MJ, psychosis seems to me to be it's biggest poisoning risk. That happens in a lot of cases, I believe in a far bigger % of users than with alcohol. Luckily, it seems to be reversible in cases where the user hasn't been using it daily or for great lengths of time.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by AcesNeights
Hemlock needles were boiled into a tea that provided vitamin C and prevented scurvy and death to early explorers. Some parts of some plants are deadly while the other parts of them are beneficial!…..😉
He can eat it all!

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R

A better comparison would be wine or beer to MJ. Wine and beer are both food. THC is not, not even to the extent that alcohol itself is. Alcohol has calories.

As far as Asians using it as a food source, it would be far better and more viable to use non-psychoactive hemp instead. Perhaps that is what you meant in the first place?

Death isn't the only outcome of poisoning. Poisoning could result in anything from baldness to death or anything in between. In the case of MJ, psychosis seems to me to be it's biggest poisoning risk. That happens in a lot of cases, I believe in a far bigger % of users than with alcohol. Luckily, it seems to be reversible in cases where the user hasn't been using it daily or for great lengths of time.

Marijuana doesn't cause psychosis, but it can increase those tendencies in people who already have them just like any other drug. I don't see it as a good thing that everybody needs. I see it as a thing that is with us whether you wish it was or not. So, then the question is what's the best way to deal with it.? legalization with regulation similar to tobacco and alcohol seems to be the best solution IMHO.

A
Campfire Ranger
OP Online Content
Campfire Ranger
A
The DEA doesn’t have a replacement boogeyman for cannabis. Although I’d be fine with leaving their budgets alone. Put more effort and capital into keeping fentanyl and such outside our borders.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
4 20 was when the students at a college would meet up after school to indulge.

It’s also the average length of a Willie Nelson song.

"Shoot low sheriff, I think he's riding a shetland!" B. Wills

D
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
D
NOTHING good comes from legalized marijuana.....NOTHING!

Liberalism is a cancer
Support Christian Family values
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Dixie_Rebel
NOTHING good comes from legalized marijuana.....NOTHING!
That also goes for Alcohol.

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

541 members (1Akshooter, 01Foreman400, 1beaver_shooter, 21, 10gaugeman, 12344mag, 62 invisible), 2,453 guests, and 1,229 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,450
Posts18,489,657
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.