Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire Ranger
OP Online Sleepy
Campfire Ranger
Say you hit someones dog while you were driving too fast on a narrow street in a small town.

Are you stopping to see if he's ok?

Dog is fine btw.

Can't believe the nerve of some MF'ers though.

Screw you! I'm voting for Trump again!

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the 24HCF.

Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
I'd feel bad but dog should not be running loose.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Most people don't care.

I'd be surprised if they'd stop if they hit a kid.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
E
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
E
Wouldn’t lose sleep over it

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Might not stop I don't know. Dog issues often result in aggravated assaults and even killings. When I would spend time at the sheriff's dispatch office doing my reports there were always calls coming in about dog/people problems.

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."
IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I'd stop but the dog shouldn't be running free.

Can't blame a dog for being a dog and doing dog things tho and that's why I'd stop. On the owners to take the responsibility - dog shouldn't pay for that. Stop and check out the dog.

Me

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I've hit one . Me and a friend were going bow hunting years ago. Narrow back road in Wva wasn't going that fast but a beagle ran out in front of my truck. Nothing I could do. I stopped and knocked on the door. Guy said he had just started doing that when he got older.

E
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
E
Run ovr a neighbors dog a few yrs ago felt bad about it and drug it next to a broke down lawn mower in the yard knocked on the door nobody home.A week later the dog is still layin there 🤷‍♂️ some ppl don’t give a fuqk

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
I would stop, unless it was a pit bull.

All kinds of free range dogs running in town here. Most of them watch for traffic.

H
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
H
A neighbor's dog loved to chase every car that came down the road- - - - -stayed on the shoulder until the car passed, then it would jump out in the middle of the narrow gravel road and bark until the vehicle was out of sight. It didn't see my 16 foot trailer one day- - - - -bad news! I stopped and told the owner about it, and he got pretty emotional- - - - -not angry, just broke up over losing his best buddy. Now when a dog chases, I stop- - - - -"OK, you caught me- - - - -now what?" Confuses the hell out of them!

Ignorance can be fixed. Stupid is forever!
IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I had one run right under my truck behind the front wheel. Heard him hit the floor a few times then I saw him rolling in the street behind me. I stopped. I thought sure he would be dead as Elvis but remarkably he got up and ran back across the yard and up on the porch.
I knocked on the door and spoke to the woman who lived there. She said that this had happened several times before. It was a Jack Russell. The little guy had a few scrapes and some blood on one paw but otherwise ok. I didn't really know to say. So I just said goodby and hope he doesn't have any internal injuries. The woman didnt seem to be upset or the least bit worried about it.

Life can be rough on us dreamers.
A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
Most people don't care.

I'd be surprised if they'd stop if they hit a kid.

One hundred!

Due to the increased price of ammo, don't expect a warning shot...
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by SamOlson
I would stop, unless it was a pit bull.

You'd back up over it to make sure it was dead, right?

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
In Arkansas if a person hits a dog the owner is responsible for any damage to a vehicle. We learned that one day from a officer. My wife let our lab out to potty and during that time in ran into the road got hit by a vehicle the man stopped my wife ran out of the house screaming and crying. The guy hauled ass and police showed up at our house to explain it all to us.

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
It would depend on a lot of things. If it appears that the dog is fine, like in your case, probably not. If I can reasonably figure out where the dog lives, if I know the family or something similar yes. In some neighborhoods, no. It's a good way to start a conflict and get hurt.

I hit one at least 30 years ago. It was after dark on a state highway with a lot of traffic and a 55 mph speed limit. It was a black dog about 45-50 lbs and I only saw it a split second before impact. I could tell by the impact that there was no way it lived. Not a house in sight so I didn't stop.

Most people don't really want the truth.

They just want constant reassurance that what they believe is the truth.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
That's how I got my dog, some one hit her, animal control picked her up put a 5 day hold on her and had her scheduled for euthanasia because she was deemed injured to badly, and unadoptable,

Of course she was mean she had a broken hip, two broken ribs, skin scraped of to the meat and several large lacerations scared schitless and they had done nothing for her.

The organization that I got her from decided they could save her and train her but they discovered as soon as she had gotten pain meds and out of the kennal enviroment she calmed right down and became a very sweet girl.

She has done nothing but improved since I have gotten her.

I did hit a cat one time and went to the house that I thought it belonged to, I ended up helping the gal bury her kitty.

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
I don’t stop but it also don’t speed down narrow streets. My training from UPS was to not try avoiding or even brake. It could possibly cause loss of control or accident. Unfortunately I have run over several dogs while driving my tractor. It sucks but the dog shouldn’t be in the road to be run over. It’s the owners fault the dog was run over. Not my fault nor the dog’s fault.

‘TO LEARN WHO RULES OVER YOU, SIMPLY FIND OUT WHO YOU ARE NOT ALLOWED TO CRITICIZE’

Conspiracy theorists are the ones who see it all coming…

You are the carbon they want to eliminate !

I’m Uber Deplorable Ultra MAGA !
F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
I hit a doe yesterday morning, stopped to make sure she wasn't ok, the FJ Cruiser was skinned up, so coming home an hour later I checked the doe again...still dead...so out comes the backstraps. Ordered the front bumper cover last night, 175 bucks. Anybody ever eat 175 dollar deer meat? It better be good at that price. Should'a took the one good hindquarter...but I was afraid the Highway Patrol would come along...meat price would have been a lot higher.

Well this is a fine pickle we're in, should'a listened to Joe McCarthy and George Orwell I guess.
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
About 26+ years ago I was driving around the lake we lived on when we were first married and I was doing under the speed limit (35-40mph). It was a clear beautiful day and suddenly out of the buck brush a black dog came darting in front of us, I hit it. I immediately came to an abrupt stop and a million things ran through my mind…how do I locate the owner in a rural area….should I use my Dan Wesson .357 if it’s really bad?….do I try to pick up a strange dog that’s injured and run him to the vet? I knew he was hit hard by the clunk and I really feared what I was going to find. I got out and the dog jumped up and ran off into the woods. I imagine he was heading home to one of the cabins in the woods there but other than a slight limp he was cruising. I couldn’t find him and that made me happy. It was not my fault but I love dogs….hell, I love most all animals and I can’t bear to ignore an injured animal without at least trying to help it.

In other words despite the dog running loose and it not being my fault I don’t think that’s an excuse to ignore it…. I would have stopped.

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I hit a dog one timewhile driving an 18,000 lb. truck through a small village up the road. I had moved all the way into the opposite lane but he still ran under the back wheels. He was loose with a group of people who chose to walk in the road (State highway) instead of the sidewalk. I think it broke his leg. I stopped and the big woman started screaming that I was responsible and had to take him to the vet. I said no, dogs are required to be leashed between Oct. 1st and April 1st in our county to prevent them from running deer down. I felt bad for the dog but I don't think he was going to let me pick him up in his current mood. I got the impression that all that woman's problems were someone else's fault.

Wag more, bark less.

The freedoms we surrender today will be the freedoms our grandchildren will never know existed.

The men who wrote the Second Amendment didn't just finish a hunting trip, they just finished liberating a nation.
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

571 members (160user, 1badf350, 1Longbow, 10ring1, 1936M71, 1lessdog, 61 invisible), 2,552 guests, and 1,275 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,336
Posts18,487,642
Members73,969
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.