Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
F
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
F
Originally Posted by JPro
One of these magazines did an article 2-3 years back about trying to drive your vehicle to 200k or something along those lines. Their suggestions were to buy a Toyota or Honda, and if you needed a truck, an F150. I thought it was kind of funny as my driveway contained an older Accord, older Highlander, a new Camry, and a fairly new F150. I've only been buying my own cars for a bit over 20 years, but have had quite a number of previously-owned Toyota products across all those miles. Very few "oddball" maintenance items other than the typical consumable items like wheel bearings, belts, brakes, etc. One SUV needed a fuel pump at 50k miles or so, but it was under warranty. Appeared to be just a bad part.

Serious question though, how are hybrids holding up now that some have some age on them? I see that the 2025 model Camry is only going to come in a hybrid version. Part of the appeal of the Camry to me has been the conventional engine and transmission, as you are likely getting a good 12-15 years out of the car with pretty good resale. Not sure about all the hybrid components at 10+yrs and 200k+ miles.
I have a 2015 Toyota Camry Hybrid. It has over 150,000 miles on it. I'm not the original owner but I've put about 20,000 miles on it and it's been flawless. I change oil every 5,000 miles and don't need to add any between changes (some model year Toyotas have been known to develop oil consumption due to low tension piston rings). I would definitely buy another Toyota hybrid.

Last edited by fortymile; 04/22/24.

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Id there a rating for my 1996 Cummins with 789,000 miles?

Just curious.

Thanks in advance.

If you are not actively engaging EVERY enemy you encounter... you are allowing another to fight for you... and that is cowardice... plain and simple.

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Just curious... when does Consumer Reports say I will need significant repairs.

Again...

Thanks in advance.

If you are not actively engaging EVERY enemy you encounter... you are allowing another to fight for you... and that is cowardice... plain and simple.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I'm happy with my Fords & Toyota, but my newest one is 2006.

"Social order at the expense of Liberty is hardly a bargain” de Sade
"He who'll not reason is a Bigot, he who cannot is a Fool, and he who dares not is a Slave."SirWilliamDrummond
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I thought Tesla's chew up tires because they weigh more than similar sized passenger cars?? That's a significant maintenance hit.

"To compel a man to furnish funds for the propagation of ideas he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical." -- Thomas Jefferson

We are all Rhodesians now.

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
[quote=Hogwild7 Woman here bought a Tesla and her electricity bill tripled the first full month. Significantly more than her gasoline bill was. r.[/quote]

Really? If that is correct the EV market will crash

Please don't feed the trolls!
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Consumer Reports. Well, there you go...

Don't just be a survivor, be a competitor.
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
you obviously have an agenda for EVs based on all of your pro ev posts the past few years . Being a fish farmer in remote Idaho with zero science and engineering background you know ev's are better than gas engines. lols

How many evs do you personally own? post pics of your ev vehicles

Originally Posted by Dutch
Toyota is third. Four out of five are American name plates, with Tesla being the lowest maintenance costs over a 10 year life span.

Tesla
Buick
Toyota
Lincoln
Ford

There's a pretty graph in the link.....

https://www.consumerreports.org/cars/car-maintenance/the-cost-of-car-ownership-a1854979198/

"When comparing cumulative costs by brand for years one through five and six through 10, we found that Tesla had the lowest maintenance costs. At the opposite end of the rankings, several German automakers are clustered as the most expensive brands, namely Audi, BMW, Mercedes-Benz, and Porsche.

“If you are considering a luxury model, it may be wise to purchase one from a domestic brand that may have lower maintenance and repair costs,” says Elek. “For example, over 10 years, Mercedes-Benz models are more than double the cost to maintain and repair as those from Lincoln.”

N
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
N
Originally Posted by Dutch
Toyota is third. Four out of five are American name plates, with Tesla being the lowest maintenance costs over a 10 year life span.

Tesla
Buick
Toyota
Lincoln
Ford

There's a pretty graph in the link.....

https://www.consumerreports.org/cars/car-maintenance/the-cost-of-car-ownership-a1854979198/

"When comparing cumulative costs by brand for years one through five and six through 10, we found that Tesla had the lowest maintenance costs. At the opposite end of the rankings, several German automakers are clustered as the most expensive brands, namely Audi, BMW, Mercedes-Benz, and Porsche.

“If you are considering a luxury model, it may be wise to purchase one from a domestic brand that may have lower maintenance and repair costs,” says Elek. “For example, over 10 years, Mercedes-Benz models are more than double the cost to maintain and repair as those from Lincoln.”

I like Ford, Toyota, Honda and Chevy (Suburbans). My Honda's were the most trouble free vehicles. The Ford Taurus is stellar too. My Toyota Tacomas were great with the exception of the rusty frame on my 99' (which Toyota bought back in 2009 for 1.5x KBB retail value!). Chevy Suburbans are a good buy and can easily go 250-300k without a lot of issues other than excessive rust. I work at Ford and drive a F150. I live in salt-ville USA so the aluminum body is a great option. That being said, the new 10-speed transmission has a ton of issues with the CDF drum (replaced mine on my 22 F150 at 47k so crossing my fingers the re-engineered fix solves that issue). The V8s have a lot of issues with the VCTs. The earlier 3.5s have turbo and APIM issues. The Ranger is a great option and better tech and comfort than my Tacomas but probably can't outlast them in overall miles. I rarely see a Taurus come through for anything other than oil changes.

Biden's most truthful quote ever came during his first press conference, 03/25/21.
Drum roll please...... "I don't know, to be clear." and THAT is one promise he's kept!!!
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

77 members (achlupsa, 35, alwaysoutdoors, 41rem, 007FJ, 6mmCreedmoor, 8 invisible), 1,538 guests, and 858 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,370
Posts18,488,314
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.