Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by Leanwolf
Originally Posted by greydog
Isn't this show considered offensive today? The car was named after THE confederate general and played Dixie. It doesn't get much worse than that! GD

I wrote for The Dukes of Hazzard, and the Duke boys driving that offensive car with the Confederate Battle Flag painted on top of the car's roof. Should I feel guilty when I still cash my DOH residual checks?? Or should I donate the money to BLM??

Inquiring minds want to know 'cause I certainly want to do the right thing. grin

L.W.

Easy solution…just send it to me and I’ll be sure that it goes to a good cause. 😉

This big kid thanks you for your contribution to one of my favorite childhood shows! 👍🏼

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
I love Dasey Dooks

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by wabigoon
How about that Dixey Horn?
And the ruber smale?

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
W
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
W
Isn't this show considered offensive today? The car was named after THE confederate general and played Dixie. It doesn't get much worse than that! GD

I wrote for The Dukes of Hazzard, and the Duke boys driving that offensive car with the Confederate Battle Flag painted on top of the car's roof. Should I feel guilty when I still cash my DOH residual checks?? Or should I donate the money to BLM??

Inquiring minds want to know 'cause I certainly want to do the right thing. grin

L.W.

Leanwolf you have done some cool stuff! Which show did you enjoy writing for the most, The Dukes of Hazard or Gunsmoke?

Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
i was just a kid then... But, other than Dayzy & the theme song... That was one lame ass fuggin show... retarded dialog... ruined half the 69 Chargers in the USA... pissed me off!....

IC B2

H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
Originally Posted by Riverc
I liked the show nothing offensive about it. Cleveland Indians, Washington Redskins, school names,military bases & statues nothing was offensive about those either.

Yep, and who doesn't like being tipped off that "crazy cooters comin atcha"..

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by wilkeshunter

L.W.

Leanwolf you have done some cool stuff! Which show did you enjoy writing for the most, The Dukes of Hazard or Gunsmoke?

"Always go straight forward, and if you meet the devil, cut him in two and go between the pieces." (William Sturgis, clipper ship captain, 1830s.)
673 Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I always thought miss kitty would of invited me upstairs after the bar closed lol.

Campfire Oracle
Online Happy
Campfire Oracle

L.W.
Cash and run. You earned it.

Not fashionable these days but so what. 👍

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
I enjoyed writing for Gunsmoke more, I remember as the Dukes of Hazzard was more a fantasy show, in my mind anyway. Gunsmoke's characters were well defined and "old West" stories were abundant.

As an aside, speaking of DOH, I'd written about half the script for the show and just seemed to "get lost." As the old saying goes for writers, I "hit a blank wall."

This was for the first season. I'd watched the pilot when they screened it at Warner Bros. for writers, and I'd later pitched a story idea to Gy Waldron, the creator and Exec. Producer of the show. He bought the story and told me to "go to script." I later called Gy and said, " Gy, what the Hell is this show all about?"

He laughed and said, "Hell, I don't really know. Just blast on through the script, turn it in and if it needs to be fixed, we'll fix it here."

So, I managed to "blast on through to the end," and turned it in. Actually they seemed to like it as when I watched it when it ran on teeeveee, not much of my script had been changed by Waldron and his staff. And so it goes. That's show business. wink

L.W.

"Always go straight forward, and if you meet the devil, cut him in two and go between the pieces." (William Sturgis, clipper ship captain, 1830s.)
IC B3

R
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
R
Originally Posted by BFaucett

This is obviously old but somehow I missed it.

"I bet you got 1400 on your SAT"

Hilarious! laugh

"Men must be governed by God or they will be ruled by tyrants". --- William Penn

W
Campfire Kahuna
OP Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W
Lots of guest stars caught in Boss Hog's speed trap.

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
R
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
R

L.W.

That is so interesting! After having helped create the hands down greatest TV show ever (Gunsmoke) I'd be laughing my ass off that I was getting paid each time I cashed a DOH residual! laugh

Denver Pyle (Uncle Jessie) and James Best (Roscoe) were Gunsmoke veterans. Crazy thing is that James Best was in God knows how many movies and tv shows over decades.....but he is going to be remembered as Roscoe by most people.

"Men must be governed by God or they will be ruled by tyrants". --- William Penn

E
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
E
9int watched in yrs

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by BFaucett

Laffin' here!

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by gonehuntin
Originally Posted by CashisKing
FUGG YOU WABI!

Your stick is PLAYED!

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

laugh

Burns was good in that one

Maker of the Frankenstud Sling Keeper
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Didn't you mean Duks of Hazurd?

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
W
Campfire Kahuna
OP Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W
So, how are they all related?

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
I thought it was funnie that Barnie only had one bullet

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
I thought it was funnie that Barnie only had one bullet

Wrong show.

That was Three’s Company.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

552 members (06hunter59, 1OntarioJim, 204guy, 12344mag, 219DW, 1Longbow, 67 invisible), 2,430 guests, and 1,236 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,301
Posts18,487,081
Members73,967
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.