Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
W
Campfire Kahuna
OP Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W
I've been told you can bring a dead battery to life by draining the acid out, pouring in boiling water, and returning the acid. What do you think?

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I cant find the drane
can you fix thes batterys i can male to you to fix
thanks frend

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Roy

What this world needs is a few more Rednecks.

The Dildō Of Consequence Rarely Arrives Lubed

Waterboarding isn't illegal if you use diesel

A
Campfire Member
Online Content
Campfire Member
A
I think you've been told some BS.

A
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
A
What does that soppoaset to do, Richard?

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
In only one situation will battery flushing work. If the sulfates from the plates settle to the bottom and short the plates to each other (the symptom of this is a slow drain on batt voltage when the batt is not hooked up to anything)...then flushing will work for a while. Forget epsom salt solution...if it works at all.
Caustic soda (lye) will rejuvenate plate calcification...but it's a horrible job and who wants that schidt around their place?

Well this is a fine pickle we're in, should'a listened to Joe McCarthy and George Orwell I guess.
IC B2

W
Campfire Kahuna
OP Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W
Thanks, likely why I've not heard that before.

E
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
E
I doubt th9t

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
I've been told it only works if you dup the acid into a trout stream.

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by wabigoon
I've been told you can bring a dead battery to life by draining the acid out, pouring in boiling water, and returning the acid. What do you think?

It will permanently alter the chemical balance between the acid and the cell plates. Any rejuvenation, if it happens at all, will be temporary, and the battery will never recover its full capacity. The "acid" in a discharged battery is almost pure water- - - -all the sulfuric acid has been absorbed by the cell plates and has been converted to lead sulfate. The only way an acid change works at all is to start with a fully charged battery with a normal concentration of electrolyte (1.265 specific gravity) with all the reactive substance of the cell plated reconverted to pure lead (negative plates) and Lead dioxide (positive plates). An acid change usually works well only on a battery that has been in service less than three months.

Ignorance can be fixed. Stupid is forever!
W
Campfire Kahuna
OP Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W
I know blowing a battery up is no fun.

IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by wabigoon
I know blowing a battery up is no fun.
Cause it smells like you had too may of Mema's deviled eggs?

"The Ballpark burgers were free, why not eat them?"
- Wabi-
H
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
H
I cut a dead battery open once. Cant remember why but the plates were almost dissolved away. Flushing wouldn't have restored the.metal to the plates.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
If it really worked, I can guarantee you that my dad would have never purchased another single battery - he was raised in the Great Depression and saves/recycles every thing imaginable.

M
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
M
I brought a marine deep cycle battery back that wouldn't take a charge by turning it upside down overnight, flipped it back over and hooked the charger to it, stated charging after that, used it for another fishing season.

The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Back in the 80's, my cousin had a battery recycling business. He'd pick them up from stores, clean them up, put them on some kind of battery restoring machine, and resell them as recycles. There was a good demand for them. He made some decent money but it about destroyed his back. Carrying those heavy things 100 times a day, every day, was pretty hard on the body.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
You must include a Kroil Douche in the master -plan.

P
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
P
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
Back in the 80's, my cousin had a battery recycling business. He'd pick them up from stores, clean them up, put them on some kind of battery restoring machine, and resell them as recycles. There was a good demand for them. He made some decent money but it about destroyed his back. Carrying those heavy things 100 times a day, every day, was pretty hard on the body.
I bought a recycled battery from one of those places back around the late seventies; think it got me by for a few months in a worn out six cylinder Nova. I also ran recycled oil in a 64 Wagoneer that smoked like a chimney; two quarts a day. She had recycled tires too. Best vehicle ever. Bought it for fifty bucks, sold it for two hundred, my buyer restored it to like new, and still has it!

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana

We replaced the batteries in an old 4 wheel drive tractor today. We have two of these old Versatiles and this is probably the +5th time I remember swapping out the batteries.

The batteries are up behind the cab but it's not too bad if you have a flat bed pickup. Just back up to the rear tires and heave ho.

They are heavy items, got curious and looked, 132lbs apiece. The parts store boys each took a side but I'm so manly I do it by myself.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by SamOlson

We replaced the batteries in an old 4 wheel drive tractor today. We have two of these old Versatiles and this is probably the +5th time I remember swapping out the batteries.

The batteries are up behind the cab but it's not too bad if you have a flat bed pickup. Just back up to the rear tires and heave ho.

They are heavy items, got curious and looked, 132lbs apiece. The parts store boys each took a side but I'm so manly I do it by myself.

Fugkin legend^^

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

566 members (219 Wasp, 007FJ, 219DW, 12344mag, 257Bob, 160user, 63 invisible), 2,302 guests, and 1,289 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,276
Posts18,486,677
Members73,967
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.