Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Campfire Ranger
OP Online Content
Campfire Ranger
I don't have one of those.

"To compel a man to furnish funds for the propagation of ideas he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical." -- Thomas Jefferson

We are all Rhodesians now.

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
I don't either.

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
Had some !

C
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
C
He is a nice friendly guy, but a Democrat. Enough said.

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
I’m the type that usually gives more of myself to friendships and cares more about than they do. I’m an extremely loyal friend but because of that I’ve been “burned” more than once and it’s always very disappointing to me but that’s life. I figure that all I have invested is how much I care and I have plenty of that to spare so it’s not my loss as much as it is theirs. Once my trust has been destroyed and I realize that I’m on a one way street I just keep on truckin’ and I don’t look back. I have several lifelong friends that I can call at 3am and ask them to help bury the bodies and they’d be right over without questions…actually they’d probably be pissed that they didn’t help me create the bodies but they’d definitely bring shovels and start digging. My wife once said “you’ll learn eventually”…I told her that I hope I don’t. I never want to shut myself off from caring just because some douchebags have taken advantage of my kindness. I know who I can ride the river with and that’s good enough for me. In reality I’m perfectly content with my wife and my amazing children so I look at the friends I have as icing on an already perfect cake.

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
IC B2

I
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
I
Ive got one friend since i was eight growing up we were inseparable, not much of a friend now days. Only calls when he wants something. A few years ago I bought a dumptruck and backhoe with trailer. I haven't heard from him in 5 years before I purchased it. It wasnt sitting in my driveway a hour when the phone rings. "I heard you got a new toy, would it be possible to borrow it sometime"? I said dude I have not heard from you in 5 years and the first words out of your mouth are not how are you, how have you been, do you want to catch up over a drink? Its can I borrow your new equipment. He has turned into one of the biggest users I have ever met.

You've got to hand it to a blind prostitute
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Originally Posted by AcesNeights
I’m the type that usually gives more of myself to friendships and cares more about than they do. I’m an extremely loyal friend but because of that I’ve been “burned” more than once and it’s always very disappointing to me but that’s life. I figure that all I have invested is how much I care and I have plenty of that to spare so it’s not my loss as much as it is theirs. Once my trust has been destroyed and I realize that I’m on a one way street I just keep on truckin’ and I don’t look back. I have several lifelong friends that I can call at 3am and ask them to help bury the bodies and they’d be right over without questions…actually they’d probably be pissed that they didn’t help me create the bodies but they’d definitely bring shovels and start digging. My wife once said “you’ll learn eventually”…I told her that I hope I don’t. I never want to shut myself off from caring just because some douchebags have taken advantage of my kindness. I know who I can ride the river with and that’s good enough for me. In reality I’m perfectly content with my wife and my amazing children so I look at the friends I have as icing on an already perfect cake.

You're a good man.

Stupidity has its way, while its cousin, evil, runs rampant.
C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

If you are not actively engaging EVERY enemy you encounter... you are allowing another to fight for you... and that is cowardice... plain and simple.

H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H
I have one. He grew up here and moved away for 40 years. Moved back last fall. Wants to get all the old gang of people together and control everyone. I don't want to socialize with him anymore or the people he is always trying to get together. Maybe I'm the azzhole. When we were kids my dad said, " With friends like him who needs enemies? "

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

529 members (260madman, 1OntarioJim, 260Remguy, 264magnum, 1minute, 257 roberts, 59 invisible), 2,367 guests, and 1,179 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,426
Posts18,489,191
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.