Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by Dutch
Hispanics speak a form of Spanish. Latinos speak a latin language (i.e. Spanish or Portuguese). Or maybe English (Belize and Costa Rica). Or French (Guyana). Or Dutch (Surinam). But, splitting hairs.

lol geopolitics from a fish farmer in rural Idaho that never traveled a few hundred miles from your place of birth

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
I like the answer Ballistik gave. Makes the most sense to me.

W
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
W
Lower IQ and a deficient subculture. Many of the Mexicans in this area are doing pretty well. They work hard and take advantage of every benefit offered by our government. The combination makes things pretty lucrative for them.

Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
Some of Dave Rubin's best work is replaying other people's work.
Liberal, gay, con man.

@jameslavish

If you work 40 hrs/wk: at 5% inflation and after 5 years, you need a 28% pay raise or to work 44 more hours (*one full extra week* per month+) to make up the difference.

This is inflation
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
When have they ever over performed?…except for that one time at the Alamo. 😂

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
IC B2

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Stupid click bait.

If you are not actively engaging EVERY enemy you encounter... you are allowing another to fight for you... and that is cowardice... plain and simple.

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Down here our Mexican folks are generally hard working, family oriented people. We live in a heavy agricultural region here, and they are happy for the opportunity to generate income. Generally, we have zero problems with that segment of our population. The other side of the coin…..180 degrees opposite, in every way. Hispanics hate em, as do any Asians here.

You only live once, but...if you do it right, once is enough.
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Don't know how accurate that is, I have a chit-load of cousins on my mom's side most are successful people, DRs, Lawyers, retired military, business owners, etc. Of course, there are some losers thrown in there also.

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
M
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
M
The last three generations have been told by the GOV that they are absolutely incapable of 'making it' on their own......

'...raise up a child in the way that he should go, and he will not depart from it...'

IMHO

"...A man's rights rest in three boxes: the ballot box, the jury box and the cartridge box..." Frederick Douglass, 1867

( . Y . )
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Early 90s the Irish economy was in the tank. Folks actually went to employers and undercut standing wages to get jobs.

The company I drove for sent recruiters over there and had job fairs. Interviews and then job offers for those who could get a visa and get here.

I was working in the office and was asked to go get an Irish family from the bus station. Mom, Dad, and a 16 year old boy who had graduated their version of high school. I chatted them up and got their story. 4 bags, one lost in transit. Not much money. The company would put him up through training, but not them, and they didn’t have enough to carry them through.

That evening I picked them up at the motel and took them to Hardee’s. Walking in, Tom Sr. Ask me
“Help wanted? What’s that mean?” I explained.
He punched Jr in the arm and said “ They are hiring get a job here.” No american BS about pay, hours, duties, or responsibilities. Opportunity? Grab it!

It took them about two months of bustin’ it to get settled so Sr could go to driving school. In less than a year he was driving, they were in a house they were buying, and Jr was working and going to a diesel tech school with intent to turn wrenches for the company until he was old enough to drive for them.

I’ve told that story many times, including here.
The American dream isn’t a fantasy, it’s dirty hands and sore feet. A bit different than 50 years ago? Maybe. But what those people did, coming from a foreign country with very little money, and no government help, proves that the Dream is right there to grab like a brass ring.

For those who want to earn it.

Tommy McCabe and family proved it.

Parents who say they have good kids..Usually don't!
IC B3

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Dillonbuck- good story -very true.

PRESIDENT TRUMP 2024/2028 !!!!!!!!!!

Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by stxhunter
Don't know how accurate that is, I have a chit-load of cousins on my mom's side most are successful people, DRs, Lawyers, retired military, business owners, etc. Of course, there are some losers thrown in there also.

Yep, my experience down here too, compared to many Hispanics down here it’s ME who’s the deadbeat 🙂

I’ve had/have some really bright Black students too, especially the children of African immigrants.

Comes down to parents and how they raise their kids. I gotta say Military parents, retired or active, generally raise successful kids, regardless of ethnicity. But it ain’t just them that do.

Are some groups of lower IQ than others? Seems certain, depending on the test. Over in the British Isles the Irish score two IQ points lower than the Brits, even before the massive influx of Indians and Pakistanis into England.

I live in a World made up of individuals tho, one at a time, same way our laws should be structured. The far and away best School Admin I’ve worked for was Black, from East Texas, not because he was Black, because he was good.

Are the Leftists professional race-baiters? Absolutely. But then we got guys on here who never tire of harping on race either.

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
W
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
W
Originally Posted by Dillonbuck
Early 90s the Irish economy was in the tank. Folks actually went to employers and undercut standing wages to get jobs.

The company I drove for sent recruiters over there and had job fairs. Interviews and then job offers for those who could get a visa and get here.

I was working in the office and was asked to go get an Irish family from the bus station. Mom, Dad, and a 16 year old boy who had graduated their version of high school. I chatted them up and got their story. 4 bags, one lost in transit. Not much money. The company would put him up through training, but not them, and they didn’t have enough to carry them through.

That evening I picked them up at the motel and took them to Hardee’s. Walking in, Tom Sr. Ask me
“Help wanted? What’s that mean?” I explained.
He punched Jr in the arm and said “ They are hiring get a job here.” No american BS about pay, hours, duties, or responsibilities. Opportunity? Grab it!

It took them about two months of bustin’ it to get settled so Sr could go to driving school. In less than a year he was driving, they were in a house they were buying, and Jr was working and going to a diesel tech school with intent to turn wrenches for the company until he was old enough to drive for them.

I’ve told that story many times, including here.
The American dream isn’t a fantasy, it’s dirty hands and sore feet. A bit different than 50 years ago? Maybe. But what those people did, coming from a foreign country with very little money, and no government help, proves that the Dream is right there to grab like a brass ring.

For those who want to earn it.

Tommy McCabe and family proved it.

Some of the folks coming are doing just this.^^^ Some are just here for the freebies. Many are doing both.

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
if there isnt a victim , there cant be a crusader for their cause.
if you cant be their crusader what good are you?
stats are the most easily manipulated metric than can be purposely skewed for a remedy that may or may not benefit the intended subject.
Creating admin and having budget available for the supposed benefit of the underserved is the purpose most government assistance. How the funding is spent , is rarely if ever accounted for.
None of it has to do with how white, black ,brown etc anyone is, but as I said if there isnt a victim.....

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
The answer should be highly obvious!!

Even birds know not to land downwind!
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
in my travels in life, I've sort of come to the opinion, motivation comes from within...doesn't matter someone's ethnicity or citizenship.

Welfare doesn't help with motivation very well. It makes people lazy....and in their mind, makes them think the world owes them something. I never thought the world owed me a darn thing. If I want something, then I put the time and effort into accomplishing the means to obtain it.

That was the environment I was raised in. I wasn't give much in life for free. When I am given something for free, I have the habit of giving it to someone else who needs it more than I do.

you want it you earn it. You have to put into something to get something out of it.

The democRATS, creating a welfare society in this nation has taken a lot of that away from everyone.

Some people come to think country, from places that didn't have welfare. So they understand what a work ethic is.

What our nation has lost, and still rapidly losing is a work ethic. About any job I've had, that gives you quarterly, semi annual and annual reviews, I've always been told my work ethic is off the charts. I'm not orientated to an hourly wage, I'm orientated to getting paid by the job.

I've got 16 year plus of post high school education. That is several degrees. Did I get those to prove I can be smart? NOT at all, it all gave me information and skills to be able to earn more.

I know people who tell me that they are exhausted doing what I call simple jobs, for working 36 hours a week. I've spent a lot of my time in life working twice that many hours a week. I don't focus on a job, I focus on a goal, and achieving that goal.

I was raised in a military family, and when people ask what my childhood was like, I respond by asking them if they ever saw the movie Full Metal Jacket?, the first half of the movie, that was like my upbringing. My dad, once a Marine, always a Marine. yeah, it taught me motivation. It also taught me you don't deserve a parade for just doing your job, or completing your task. Wasn't taught success was on how much money you make... I never looked at it like that. If you accomplished your task, the money would be there. I've been in sales, in different fields, but mainly medical. Have always been in the top of what I do. Yet in many jobs, I have helped others close more business than I've closed in my own area of responsibility. Two and three times as much. Could have claimed half of the commission in most companies. I always turned it down. Why? Because I understand team work, growing up in a military environment. On a team each of us are part of the team. Each is essential. Most people have no concept of that. In this country, people are taught "its all about YOU!" Thank the liberal left for that little present.

I have NO desire to retire. Wouldn't know what to do with myself. People aren't taught that anymore. Everyone looks forward to that, retirement. To me retirement means a death.

In the end, it all boils down to motivation and a work ethic or not. Our nation and our world has lost that concept.
But I have passed onto my son, what I have learned in life. It has served him well.

Give the young folks a chance and they respond quite well to it. Learned that working thru Boy Scouts for decades.
Also watching kids from rich homes and families. Some let their kids just coast thru life and it teaches them nothing but how to coast thru life. NO personal responsibility or focus. NO goal setting in life. Other kids are taught that.

I taught some hard merit badges to a doctors two sons here locally. One boy is 16 and his younger brother is 15. Both boys have become Eagle Scouts in the last 3 months. How many merit badges do they have each? ALL of THEM. All 140 of them. There parents taught them motivation. Of their 8 aunts and uncles, each one of them are doctors. They are Mormons, but they are taught motivation in life, the Entire family. Found out I was distantly related to their grandmother...back 10 and 12 generations ago.

All people are an example of the environment they were raised in. Motivation is something missing in society in general.

Look at the work ethic of the people who settled and made this nation over the last 400 years. They didn't have college degrees. They had motivation and were taught a work ethic. Liberals and the DNCC are taking that away from our society.

Our grandparents fought WW2, they survived because they were motivated. Could we as a nation survive a WW 3? I question that, both sadly and seriously. Our society is lazy, and has lost the motivation to survive, or excel.

and all of that doesn't matter what your skin color or ethnicity is.

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

T
Tarquin Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by stxhunter

I agree. It was Newsom claiming they are underperforming. Rare to meet a Mexican that isn't hard-working...excepting the gang-bangers of course, which, come to think of it, work pretty hard at pushing Fentynal.

Tarquin
L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
How about a simple idea?

"It all starts in the home"

Then the neighborhood.

Then the friends

Some spelling errors can be corrected by a vowel movement.
~ MOLON LABE ~
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Taken as a whole it’s for the same reasons that Caucasian’s, and especially East Asians and Jews over perform. IQ, impulse control, and culture.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Muffin
The last three generations have been told by the GOV that they are absolutely incapable of 'making it' on their own......

'...raise up a child in the way that he should go, and he will not depart from it...'

IMHO

Yep!

and I'll add, many have no dignity. Dignity comes from producing something of value. Most times "value" is traded for income. Often this is defined as "work".

Last edited by Simplepeddler; 04/24/24.
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

533 members (10Glocks, 10gaugemag, 1234, 12344mag, 16penny, 56 invisible), 2,252 guests, and 1,298 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,392
Posts18,488,767
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.