Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
Ringman Online Content OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Online Content
Campfire Ranger
A heads up for my .com friends.

Made a reservation at Holiday Inn Express. When the confirmation came to my email, they informed me they do not allow ANY guns on their property. No concealed and no open carry. I called them to cancel and gave the reason: They don't care about their employees or customers. The "bad" guys don't care about their policy and would love a place like that where no one can defend themselves.

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter
GB1

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
'concealed'

Just that.....

FJB & FJT
E
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E
Don’t ask don’t tell

N
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
N
They can’t prohibit you from carrying your legal weapon in your suitcase and having it in your room. Your suitcase and room is legally considered your “home” from what I remember.
Someone can correct me on this.

Of course, I don’t want to give my money to any business that thinks this way anyway. They will use their profits to fight against your God given rights.

Last edited by North_to_Alaska; 04/24/24.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Should anything like that happen to me........................

"Sorry, I didn't read the email, just pulled the confirmation number and deleted it"

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
IC B2

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
In Texas, a hotel cannot prevent you from carrying a concealed firearm in your room or in direct route to your room.

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same." - Ronald Reagan
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
Yup

Got the same thing when we stayed up north to visit wife's cousin.

Fúck em, I carried

No other vacancies nearby

DON’T BE TOO PROUD OF THIS TECHNOLOGICAL TERROR YOU’VE CONSTRUCTED. THE ABILITY TO DESTROY A PLANET IS INSIGNIFICANT NEXT TO THE POWER OF THE FORCE.

- Darth Vader
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by Ringman

Made a reservation at Holiday Inn Express. When the confirmation came to my email, they informed me they do not allow ANY guns on their property. No concealed and no open carry. I called them to cancel and gave the reason: They don't care about their employees or customers. The "bad" guys don't care about their policy and would love a place like that where no one can defend themselves.

Just wondering how they know this?

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
M
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
M
That’s interesting. We have stayed in one on the way home from Florida once and I don’t think they had that policy then (2021).

M
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
M
Just one of the many reasons that we travel with our rv and almost “never” rent a motel room.

Our rv is a “ very” firearm friendly environment! memtb

You should not use a rifle that will kill an animal when everything goes right; you should use one that will do the job when everything goes wrong." -Bob Hagel

“I’d like to be a good rifleman…..but, I prefer to be a good hunter”! memtb 2024
IC B3

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by ironbender

Color me perplexed as well IB

FJB & FJT
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Just because I like to check things, and figuring it might be the individual HI Express you were dealing with, I checked.

at least in 2018 this was the case for Holiday Inn places

https://www.concealedcarry.com/safety/concealed-carry-laws-and-tactics-for-hotels/

HG Hotels Gun Policy (Holiday Inn, Crowne Plaza, Avid, Staybridge, Candlewood, Hotel Indigio, EVEN Hotels, Kimptom, Hualuxe, Intercontinental Hotels & Resorts,

IHG does not have a system-wide policy regarding the ability to carry firearms on property at IHG branded hotels. Rather, we believe this decision is a local one that rests with our franchisees, the overwhelming majority of which do not have policies prohibiting firearms at their hotels. In those specific instances, a guest would be advised of this policy during the reservation process. (Email received Aug 8th 2018)

But, there is conflicting reporting out there too. I tend to not want to stay in a place unarmed in some sort of fashion. My job prevented me from carrying for a few years on the boats/barges, so when I was unloaded away from home and had to stay at a place all I had available was a knife........but that was not my preferred choice. Now, just like in some other businesses, I just take my chances with them finding out.

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Why would you even ask the hotel?

Staying in a state where its legal to do so - do so. Like asking the cop for a breathalyzer when pulled over for speeding because "I had a couple of beers and don't want to be over" - why would you EVER invite the scrutiny?

Me

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
And if they find out, do you go to Holiday Inn jail? LOL!
Fugg'em !

Roy

What this world needs is a few more Rednecks.

The Dildō Of Consequence Rarely Arrives Lubed

Waterboarding isn't illegal if you use diesel

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

They (HIE) wouldn't know if you were carrying unless you were sloppy about it. Most likely the policy is there to CYA their azz just in case a bad shooting happens. In that case, HIE can say that person had a firearm against our policy and we have no liability associated with this incident. HIE policy doesn't trump law and if it is legal for you to have a firearm there and in a concealed manner then I would carry on as usual.

Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Policy? Good Lord.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

3-7-77
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
You can only assume they want you dead if attacked. I wouldn't go there either.

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by Raeford

OK. Consider yourself a colored man. 😏

--Pat Parelli

--ironbender
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R

Do it come with perks?

FJB & FJT
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Wow you showed them.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Try the Red Roof Inn brother Ringmaam.

RAM Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Teal

Staying in a state where its legal to do so - do so. Like asking the cop for a breathalyzer when pulled over for speeding because "I had a couple of beers and don't want to be over" - why would you EVER invite the scrutiny?

Same reason we are about to loose our Nation.

Ignorance and fear.

America is (supposed to be) a Republic, NOT a democracy. Learn the difference, help end the lie. Fear a government that fears your guns.
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by RAM

Ignorance and fear.

Would be a terrabull loose

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by slumlord
Originally Posted by RAM

Ignorance and fear.

Would be a terrabull loose

You dun gone and dun it now buster! mad

FJB & FJT
E
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E
Doom n gloom RAMM🙄

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Dumb woke bastards can GFT.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
RAM Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Sorry, crack in my phone, sometimes double types.

America is (supposed to be) a Republic, NOT a democracy. Learn the difference, help end the lie. Fear a government that fears your guns.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Don't ask, don't tell.

A true sportsman counts his achievements in proportion to the effort involved and fairness of the sport. - S. Pope
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Several states just passed laws preventing Credit card companies from tracking firearms purchases.

-OMotS

"If memory serves fails me..."
Quote: ( unnamed) "been prtty deep in the cooler todaay "

Television and radio are most effective when people question little and think even less.
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
I don’t work for the Stalinist companies who impose such bullshit restrictions and I don’t read their POLICIES. Their POLICIES end where my rights begin. I don’t advertise what I’m carrying and I don’t give afuck if they approve or not. The Constitution is what guides me NOT some mealy mouthed bullshit, unconstitutional hotel policy! ymmv

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by OldmanoftheSea

Several states just passed laws preventing Credit card companies from tracking firearms purchases.

I pay cash for firearms. Anyone who uses a credit card and then complains when they get a knock on their door in the future can’t say they haven’t been warned or they didn’t see it coming!

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Must be a local thing. I just looked at my last two confirmations from a month ago with HI Express and no mention of any issue with firearms.

Life can be rough on us dreamers.
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter

They don't care that you aren't there

Maker of the Frankenstud Sling Keeper
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by North_to_Alaska
They can’t prohibit you from carrying your legal weapon in your suitcase and having it in your room. Your suitcase and room is legally considered your “home” from what I remember.
Someone can correct me on this.

Of course, I don’t want to give my money to any business that thinks this way anyway. They will use their profits to fight against your God given rights.

Their property...Their rules
When you click the "rental" agreement you are consenting to their contract.

Maker of the Frankenstud Sling Keeper
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by AcesNeights

I pay cash for firearms. Anyone who uses a credit card and then complains when they get a knock on their door in the future can’t say they haven’t been warned or they didn’t see it coming!

And anyone who pays cash and gets the knock - shouldn't be surprised either. Paying cash doesn't get you under the radar. 4473 is a record, any hunting license you've ever bought is a record etc.

Not poking you - just saying the reality is, there's no way to actually avoid the list if you're involved in any way. Heck participation here is gonna get you on it. Better people prepare and act like they've no place or way to hide so we all take the threat much more seriously.

Me

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle

Do it come with perks?
Yessir. Your EBT card and bammy fone be in the mail.

--Pat Parelli

--ironbender
R
Campfire Regular
Online Happy
Campfire Regular
R
If you rent a room it becomes your abode. You can have a firearm in your abode, or home.
Rick
Ps. Still don’t spend any money with them.

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by AcesNeights

And anyone who pays cash and gets the knock - shouldn't be surprised either. Paying cash doesn't get you under the radar. 4473 is a record, any hunting license you've ever bought is a record etc.

Not poking you - just saying the reality is, there's no way to actually avoid the list if you're involved in any way. Heck participation here is gonna get you on it. Better people prepare and act like they've no place or way to hide so we all take the threat much more seriously.

No I know you aren’t and I also know that you’re correct about never really NOT being on their radar. The ATF lost 10+ years of 4473’s that I sent to them after I closed my shop. They wanted me to send them anything I had that could help them recover the information including my memory sticks that I used for backup of the computers. I was required to keep the 4473’s and send them in when the business closed but that’s as far as my obligations extended, I wasn’t required to help them fix their mistakes or fill in the blanks for things they screwed up. I have less than ZERO respect for those asswipes and considering they weren’t friends with us FFL holders I told them to pound sand as I could NOT and WOULD NOT assist them further. During 1 audit of several years worth of 4473’s they got us on 1 mistake…on January 2nd I’d mistakenly put the previous year since we were only 2 days into the new year…everything else in the hundreds and hundreds (maybe thousands) of 4473’s was correct and they wanted to be dick heads about a minor clerical error so I wouldn’t have helped them for any reason. The dick head I spoke to who was asking for my help asked why I didn’t want to help them so I simply said that I didn’t trust them nor was I inclined to cut them any slack since they don’t extend that decency to us. I told him that they fu.cked up and lost 10 years of 4473’, I have the receipt for the 12+ boxes and hundreds of dollars in UPS shipping and my responsibility to them was OVER. He was annoyed by my lack of help and by my absence of respect which gave me great pleasure!

I know from having dealt with the ATF for 15+ years that they are NOT our friends, they are NOT good people and they are NOT in the slightest bit trustworthy…. I wouldn’t piss on the ATF if they were on fire and I damn sure ain’t “helping” them with something they will just use against my former customers. Fu.ck the ATF with a football bat..😂

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by earlybrd
Don’t ask don’t tell

Exactly

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by RAM

Ignorance and fear.

You are fearful?

You are ignorant?

Dang shame bout dat.

If you are not actively engaging EVERY enemy you encounter... you are allowing another to fight for you... and that is cowardice... plain and simple.

jar Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
We stayerd in a number of them over the yrs going on hog hunts. carried in long guns sidearms and ammo . did not want to leave anything in the trucks. always have 3 or 4 truck loads of guys .

teach your children well , ride hard, shoot straight, be involved!
P
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
P

Fugg em. I traveled 2x this year to hunt requiring a hotel stay. Not leaving my rifle in the car, so I will carry it in.

If I can't, then I will stay elsewhere.

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
'concealed'

Just that.....
BOOM!

YOUR right of self-defense does not end at the door...

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
Campfire Ranger
OP Online Content
Campfire Ranger
I think lots of you guys are not getting why I posted this.

It's not, "I can carry if I want to". It is informing those who don't want their money going to an American hating company.

Everyday Hunter
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

It's not, "I can carry if I want to". It is informing those who don't want their money going to an American hating company.

How did they know that you planned to?

-OMotS

"If memory serves fails me..."
Quote: ( unnamed) "been prtty deep in the cooler todaay "

Television and radio are most effective when people question little and think even less.
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S

with the left, you don't think this isn't just a shotgun approach to the general public.

If you ignore and don't show a reaction of shock, how are they going to know you have one with you, on your person or in your vehicle.. unless you are a real idiot about it.

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

Campfire Ranger
OP Online Content
Campfire Ranger

How did they know that you planned to?

I not talking about whether I carry or not. The policy info came to my email with the confirmation #.

Everyday Hunter
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
"Fugg'em !"

You do that by NOT giving them money (and being sure to tell them why).
Paying them in spite of stupid policies isn't "Fugg'ing" 'em, it's paying someone to try to "fugg" you.

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R

It doesn't appear to be a HIE Corporate policy but a locally owned HEI policy, maybe letting all know where this exact HEI is located would help your[our] cause.

FJB & FJT
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter

Interesting how you clump corporate with the everyday workers. Stayed in one in downtown SLC had a sign on the door stating no guns, asked the clerk about it he stated “ that’s corporate policy not ours. If i dont see it you havent got it. Then he stated “Dont go into that park across the street after dark unarmed, bad place”.

Swifty
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
a bunch of us (23) guys went to Buffalo Wild Wings and ordered food and beer, when the food was arriving at our table the manager informed us they dont allow firearms on the property, he must of seen or someone told him, well we where all carry concealed, so we all got up and walked out as we werent taking them off.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by steveredd1
a bunch of us (23) guys went to Buffalo Wild Wings and ordered food and beer, when the food was arriving at our table the manager informed us they dont allow firearms on the property, he must of seen or someone told him, well we where all carry concealed, so we all got up and walked out as we werent taking them off.

A restraunt up in Omaha wasnt as nice. They waited until the guy drank some beer then called the police. Zero tolerance.

You can concealed carry in the restaurant area of an eatery that serves alcohol with a Nebraska concealed carry permit or a permit/license from a state that Nebraska honors, unless posted and provided you consume no alcohol. However, concealed carry is not allowed in bars or the bar areas of restaurants

Swifty
P
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
P
Originally Posted by cas6969
"Fugg'em !"

You do that by NOT giving them money (and being sure to tell them why).
Paying them in spite of stupid policies isn't "Fugg'ing" 'em, it's paying someone to try to "fugg" you.

I agree

I would not try to sneak in rifles.

F
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
F
That policy would have no weight in Kentucky if you possess a CDWL, if you were found out to have a firearm and they called LE the only thing you could end up with is a $25 fine that doesn’t effect your license.

P
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P
I spent two nights in one this week and received no such notice.
I was in CA where law abiding citizens carrying firearms isn’t quite as common as some other places.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I was driving on a hunting trip and had reservations to stay the night in Mitchell, SD. There was a sign in the parking lot, "Do not leave firearms unattended in vehicle.". On the way out the door after I registered there was a sign that said, "No firearms in room."
I figured I had to keep my rifles somewhere. I took them in the room with me.

O
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
O

Where were you staying?

I have stayed in HIE's over the years and have never seen any such notification. Makes me wonder if this is a corporately owned or franchised property.

There are 2 rules to success:

1. Never tell everything that you know.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Tom Bodett ain't give a fugk about guns.

Campfire Ranger
OP Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by OSU_Sig
[Where were you staying?

I have stayed in HIE's over the years and have never seen any such notification. Makes me wonder if this is a corporately owned or franchised property.

I didn't stay. I called for reservations. When the confirmation came to my email the notice was included. I cancelled and re-registered in another place after I found out the new place doesn't hate America.

Everyday Hunter
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle

Where were you staying?

Someone posted above that HIE leaves that to the franchisee.

Ringy
What town was this in?

--Pat Parelli

--ironbender
Campfire Ranger
OP Online Content
Campfire Ranger

Where were you staying?

Someone posted above that HIE leaves that to the franchisee.

Ringy
What town was this in?

Springfield, OR

Everyday Hunter
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Tks
Putting that in maps, I see it’s right by Eugene, so I guess it shouldn’t be too big a surprise.

Glad u found a better franchisee.

--Pat Parelli

--ironbender
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by Swifty52
Originally Posted by steveredd1

A restraunt up in Omaha wasnt as nice. They waited until the guy drank some beer then called the police. Zero tolerance.

You can concealed carry in the restaurant area of an eatery that serves alcohol with a Nebraska concealed carry permit or a permit/license from a state that Nebraska honors, unless posted and provided you consume no alcohol. However, concealed carry is not allowed in bars or the bar areas of restaurants

funny thing about this is at least 17 where LEO, he kicked us out so we left

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Many of you are missing the point. He didn't ask. He was told.
A business that advertises their business as a gun free zone is a soft target. Best to avoid soft targets. Especially when you plan to strip down and go to sleep there.

Don't just be a survivor, be a competitor.
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

533 members (17CalFan, 1lesfox, 10gaugeman, 160user, 1beaver_shooter, 10gaugemag, 60 invisible), 3,495 guests, and 1,181 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,638
Posts18,533,486
Members74,041
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.