Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
S
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
S
Ever bought a new semi-auto shotgun with no gas ports in the barrel making it a single shot out of the box before? Well grab a seat...this is a good one lol.

To all 940 buyers, better have a look at the shop before you take one home, what a weird thing to have missed!

So my first ever Mossberg purchase...got all jacked up about the new 940 pro shotguns, grabbed a 18.5" turkey pro. Got it all rigged up with esstac cards, a holosun eps mrs green, Carlson extended chokes from IC/M/F and ready to break it in and start patterning etc. and it's a single shot. A 4+1 single shot lol...it won't even try to cycle the action. Drive all the way out to my little spot to shoot a couple hours one way....thankfully I usually have more than one project to play with when I go so it wasn't a total waste.

Anyway...there's no gas ports in the barrel or gas block. All the gas just follows the shot right out the end of the barrel. Anyone ever seen that before? A gas operated semi-auto shotgun with no gas ports?

Unfortunately I can't resize images small enough to show you here. I'll get em posted on instagram 65grendelhunters shortly.

Canada warranty depot is Wolverine Supplies so they've got the pics and have asked for the whole rifle back and up to 10 months depending on parts.

So I'm buying a second one, it's coming to my local dealer and if like last time should land within a week. Won't leave the store without checking for gas ports this time lol. Will be stripping it down good at the store. Not waiting 10 months, what a way to start, it's too bad I was so jacked to get one of these rocking, I'm not even a shotgun guy, but this new 940 pro with the optics cut out and slick little turkey set up gave me the warm and fuzzies, buying it mostly for fun and predator calling.

Anyway...I'm sure Mossberg will step up as sounds like they have good customer service. Will see how long this takes. Then I'll have a brand new one to sell when this is all dealt with.

Happy to send someone pics if they can post, just message me with a number or email or something. I have iPhone, so text full size images will go instantly to likewise.

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Mossberg should just send you a new barrel. Quick easy swap

Keep the old barrel for a tomato stake, or a very special single shot as-is smile

Welcome to TN - patron state of shootin’ stuff
V
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
V
They have great customer service. I wouldn't worry about it, send it to Mossberg and let them do you right. Mossberg is a good company.

Last edited by Verylargeboots; 04/24/24.
S
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
S
yeah that's what I thought, just express me the barrel, through wolverine supplies or direct, now I gotta ship a whole rifle to the warranty depot in a different province, they supplied a shipping detail etc. but really...happy to send the barrel back in trade or right now as it's useless until I get one with ports so I can get ahead of it...anyway, I'll try a second one and see if I can get rocking, then I'll send this warranty one back once I have one up and running

mostly everyone...check your 940 pro before you leave the shop, save some aggravation, maybe I got a one off but how often does that happen?

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by cotis
Mossberg should just send you a new barrel. Quick easy swap

Keep the old barrel for a tomato stake, or a very special single shot as-is smile

That makes too much sense…if they really wanted to make it difficult they could send a return label for the non-ported barrel when they send the replacement barrel.

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Verylargeboots
They have great customer service. I wouldn't worry about it, send it to Mossberg and let them do you right. Mossberg is a good company.
The best customer service is not needing customer service.

The last time that bear ate a lawyer he had the runs for 33 days!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by stinkycoyote
yeah that's what I thought, just express me the barrel, through wolverine supplies or direct, now I gotta ship a whole rifle to the warranty depot in a different province, they supplied a shipping detail etc. but really...happy to send the barrel back in trade or right now as it's useless until I get one with ports so I can get ahead of it...anyway, I'll try a second one and see if I can get rocking, then I'll send this warranty one back once I have one up and running

mostly everyone...check your 940 pro before you leave the shop, save some aggravation, maybe I got a one off but how often does that happen?
Are we talking rifle or shotgun??

So you have a bad one straight from the box and you're ordering another just like it??

Mossberg and semi auto don't mix.

The last time that bear ate a lawyer he had the runs for 33 days!
H
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
H
Sounds like a good candidate for a turkey shoot gun. Only one shot at a time there. I've got a couple of friends who install sleeves in their turkey shoot guns- - - -chokes a 12 gauge down to 16 GA. in the last 6 inches or so of the barrel, and they scope them for accurate aiming. Those guns are illegal at a lot of shoots.

Ignorance can be fixed. Stupid is forever!
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
I never have a problem posting iphone pics to postimage. Never resizing necessary.

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
I knew a guy who bought a Savage 110 that wasnt drilled and tapped for scope mounts and had no iron sights

IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

A
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by slumlord
#billdanceedition

A
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by Jericho
I knew a guy who bought a Savage 110 that wasnt drilled and tapped for scope mounts and had no iron sights
Fireballs?

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Hotrod_Lincoln
Sounds like a good candidate for a turkey shoot gun. Only one shot at a time there. I've got a couple of friends who install sleeves in their turkey shoot guns- - - -chokes a 12 gauge down to 16 GA. in the last 6 inches or so of the barrel, and they scope them for accurate aiming. Those guns are illegal at a lot of shoots.

Those guys are nuts. Money is no object for the hardcore guys. Here's one I Cerakoted for a guy. In this case instead of a drop-in choke the entire barrel is a "sleeve" that drops in.

In any case to answer the OP's question, they don't make them like they used to (e.g. test fire)

[Linked Image]

T
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
T
It's a mossberg.

V
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
V
Originally Posted by 10gaugemag
Originally Posted by Verylargeboots
The best customer service is not needing customer service.

I agree. But schïtt happens in mass production.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by TimberRunner
It's a mossberg.

I agree. Excellent company that will make it right

G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
Mouseburger maybe better at QC than Ruger these days.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by rlott

Those guys are nuts. Money is no object for the hardcore guys. Here's one I Cerakoted for a guy. In this case instead of a drop-in choke the entire barrel is a "sleeve" that drops in.

In any case to answer the OP's question, they don't make them like they used to (e.g. test fire)

[Linked Image]

I Don't know schitt about turkey shoot guns

What is the ammo of choice?

What kinda patterns do they get?

DON’T BE TOO PROUD OF THIS TECHNOLOGICAL TERROR YOU’VE CONSTRUCTED. THE ABILITY TO DESTROY A PLANET IS INSIGNIFICANT NEXT TO THE POWER OF THE FORCE.

- Darth Vader
S
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
S
Originally Posted by Beretta_Shooter916
Originally Posted by rlott

[Linked Image]

I Don't know schitt about turkey shoot guns

What is the ammo of choice?

What kinda patterns do they get?

I wish I could tell ya haha, oh edit, yeah that's quite a rabbit hole to go down, sorry I did. I'll be of no help here lol

Last edited by stinkycoyote; 04/25/24.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

533 members (10gaugeman, 12344mag, 10Glocks, 160user, 1936M71, 007FJ, 66 invisible), 2,446 guests, and 1,250 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,445
Posts18,489,603
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.