Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Menard?
Menard, Texas is a town about 145 miles NW of San Antonio, TX.
Nice place with nice folks and lots of good deer hunting!

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
I bought a Binford worm-gear saw from Menard' back in 20 & 15 - still on back-order?? yeah - starting to think i been stooged

PRESIDENT TRUMP 2024/2028 !!!!!!!!!!

Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Worm gear is a bad azz saw.

M
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
M
Menards 11% scam is borderline criminal.

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by local_dirt
Originally Posted by Valsdad
Originally Posted by slumlord
The local commie democrat school board candidates bombard every highway intersection with signs erected with t-posts

They aint strong enough to pound em in too deep

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
That's about funny right there folks.

Probably didn't know what a t-post driver is or how to use one if they ever saw one.

I'd be knocking them all down. Lol.

They probably step on the little points on the bottom brace to push the post in the ground and when it goes through their Sketchers shoes that's as far as they put them in.

I'd probably just pray for a good wind!

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Dang

That bad?

Guess I won’t make it habit of goijg there. They are over a 90 miles away but could save me 400-500 on some doors and windows. Plus KY tax is less
If it pencils out so you are going to save money, even with the fuel costs, go ahead and do it.

It ain't like you're going up there to drink Bud Light or shop at Dicks, is it???

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Huntz
Menard`s sucks balls . Good luck ever getting your 11% rebate back . If you do get it , you have to use it in their store , Their lumber is schit . Fleet & Farm has actual sales where they deduct the sale price at the cash register . They also have online deals sent to your email address that are crazy low . Last one was $100.00 off anything they carry if you spend $500.00 . Took advantage of that in their gun dept. which Menard does not have.
I don't like Menards had one in Wichita when I lived there only shopped a couple times never went back.

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Originally Posted by horse1
“Our charitable contribution to the community is providing jobs.”

That’s a fact. The richest man in Wisconsin too.

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Figured they was the shizzot after wabigoon bragging on them

They may be just fine to deal with in your area. As mentioned during the covid thing the two here were unbearable to shop in, but where I am at in WI is a freaking liberal hub !

M
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
M
Originally Posted by TheLastLemming76
It’s a fun store but the lumberyard is a PIA and I hate the rebate. Thirty days to claim it IFRC and a hassle.

Menards was one of only two stores that during Covid kicked me out for not wearing a mask. Most everywhere else would leave you alone if you had a token bandanna on neck high or ask if I needed a mask but then drop the issue when I claimed a medical issue that precluded wearing a mask. Menards wouldn’t have it and kicked me out. [bleep] Menards.
same experience, cashier told me if I didn't put my hanky over my nose he wouldn't cash me out.only place I ever experienced that.

The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.
IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Mwbyler
same experience, cashier told me if I didn't put my hanky over my nose he wouldn't cash me out.only place I ever experienced that.

I would have walked out, stating, "Then you're not getting my money!"
Let THEM put all that crap back on the shelves!

N
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
N
Originally Posted by MartinStrummer
Originally Posted by Mwbyler

I would have walked out, stating, "Then you're not getting my money!"
Let THEM put all that crap back on the shelves!

At the height of the hysteria, their cashier would not check my wife out without her having a mask on. She left all the stuff on the belt and walked out. Runnings and Mills Fleet actually acted like they wanted your business during the fun times not so long ago, and I was never asked to put on a mask at their stores.

Menards employees seemed to have a group psychosis thing going on, regardless of which store you vistited. It was bizarre.

"Their minds are dead" - Carmine Ricca
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
My favorite part about Menards

Exercise....and an 11% rebate that you have to snailmail

Sheetrock screws in the middle of the store

Mud and tape clear across to the other side of the store

Then you have to walk to the back counter to buy sheetrock

After you get finished at the lumber counter it's off to the front of the store to get the truck. Hey....but not in the same place you came into. The entrance and exit are spread apart to "help" you get more exercise.

Get in your truck then drive around back to get the sheetrock. Then you go through the gate and show your "papers" after that do laps in an attempt to find a loader.

For convenience I'll go to Home Depot

Maker of the Frankenstud Sling Keeper
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by tedthorn
My favorite part about Menards

Exercise....and an 11% rebate that you have to snailmail

Sheetrock screws in the middle of the store

Mud and tape clear across to the other side of the store

Then you have to walk to the back counter to buy sheetrock

After you get finished at the lumber counter it's off to the front of the store to get the truck. Hey....but not in the same place you came into. The entrance and exit are spread apart to "help" you get more exercise.

Get in your truck then drive around back to get the sheetrock. Then you go through the gate and show your "papers" after that do laps in an attempt to find a loader.

For convenience I'll go to Home Depot

Menards sets up like a grocery store does.

Fat Electrician does a great breakdown on Aldi's and why it's superior to the basic grocery store - something similar could/should be tried for Menards.

Me

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Lowe's offers an immediate 10% discount for military vets, so I shop there more often than at Menard's or Home Depot.

That said, Menard's sales are sometimes worth the additional aggravation of having to wait for the refund to process, but since the refund is a store credit, so you have to go back to Menard's to use it and you're likely to spend more $$ on those subsequent visits.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by 260Remguy
Lowe's offers an immediate 10% discount for military vets, so I shop there more often than at Menard's or Home Depot.

That said, Menard's sales are sometimes worth the additional aggravation of having to wait for the refund to process, but since the refund is a store credit, so you have to go back to Menard's to use it and you're likely to spend more $$ on those subsequent visits.

I have never liked refunds that force you to use it on a return in-store purchase.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

528 members (1Akshooter, 1beaver_shooter, 10Glocks, 222Sako, 01Foreman400, 21, 62 invisible), 2,482 guests, and 1,216 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,454
Posts18,489,678
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.