Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Do the locals send any any money to the national?

Sure, some do. Is there a point there?

It isn't energy that kills, its holes.

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Originally Posted by garddogg56
Joe's first day in office he had 11K of my brothers laid off from the Keystone pipe line.A lot of us union tradesman arn't listening to the bull$hit leadership!😡💩🤡🤡🤡🤡

Funny thing, my understanding is that union publicly endorsed Sleepy Joe over Trump. I guess they thought good ole Joe wouldn't do anything to harm them even though he said he would.

Far as I am concerned, they got exactly what they deserved.

https://www.politico.com/newsletter...up-pipeline-workers-union-backing-790000

"Men must be governed by God or they will be ruled by tyrants". --- William Penn

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by RJY66
Joe's first day in office he had 11K of my brothers laid off from the Keystone pipe line.A lot of us union tradesman arn't listening to the bull$hit leadership!😡💩🤡🤡🤡🤡

Funny thing, my understanding is that union publicly endorsed Sleepy Joe over Trump. I guess they thought good ole Joe wouldn't do anything to harm them even though he said he would.

Far as I am concerned, they got exactly what they deserved.

https://www.politico.com/newsletter...up-pipeline-workers-union-backing-790000
You assume that The Union actually gives a Schit about its members.

Unions don’t need Government help shutting down American manufacturing and mining, they have a very good track record of doing that all on their own.

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Give a man a welfare check, a forty ounce malt liquor, a crack pipe, an Obama phone, free health insurance. and some Air Jordan's and he votes Democrat for a lifetime.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
To use your concealed carry weapon, in most states, one must be in fear of death or serious bodily injury.

Not so with unions!

If a striking union worker feels you are imperiling his/her job, they can kill the offending non-union worker!

Don't believe me?

Look up the "Enmons Decision".
A union picket walker shot and killed a non-union dump truck driver crossing the picket line!
The shooter was charged with "obstructing a public thoroughfare" because the truck didn't clear the highway when the driver died! That's all! 🤯

The Enmons Decision is an offshoot of the Hobbs Act (1934).

The Hobbs Act, which makes it a federal crime to obstruct interstate commerce by robbery or extortion, does not reach the use of violence (which is readily punishable under state law) to achieve legitimate union objectives.

Last edited by MartinStrummer; 04/26/24.
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
For the Union guys. Serious observation that I'd like a response to.
1. you are in the union
2. your union supports Biden/democrat's and their policies
3. therefore you support Biden/democrat's and their policies

How is there any other way to look at it? If you don't support your Union's policies, what do you do to try and change them?

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by BillyGoatGruff
Originally Posted by jwp475

Exactly 💯

But your dues are paying for his re-election campaign.

No they are not, that is where you are dead wrong

Your local is not a part of a national?

Local 798 is part of the UA, but our Local doesn't use dues to support political candidates

But they kick up a payment to the national correct?

It’s like planned parenthood saying they don’t use taxpayers money to kill children. But the money they “don’t spend” on one thing frees up money to spend on the other thing.

Unions fund democratic campaigns.

The PACs are set aside money for political use.
Collected as such.

Consider it a beer fund.
From a side job you have to have because you can’t buy beer with your income.

It doesn’t free up wage earnings, because you couldn’t use them to buy beer.

My money does not go to the PAC.
About the only consolation I get, when they
“ Speak for tens of thousands of members”

Not sure how they know what we might want to say?
They sure as hell have never ask!

Often wish I was the type with the knowledge and ability to start a reform movement.
It would probably take off.
But then I’d commit suicide or get killed in a bungled robbery.

I
Am
Not
Suicidal!

Parents who say they have good kids..Usually don't!
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by blairvt
1. you are in the union

How is there any other way to look at it? If you don't support your Union's policies, what do you do to try and change them?

Most places that anyone shops at accomplishes that.

What is the remedy? Quit working union? Forget the pension and benefits and just accept scrap wages so that at least it ain't going to a Democrat.

It isn't energy that kills, its holes.
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by Huntz
You can opt to have none of your dues go to political parties.
Union Officials are voted in by the members that bother to vote. Just like Political elections .
No one votes them selves in . Bad Union officers get in by apathetic Union members . Just like Political officers.

I'm a member of the Brotherhood of Locomotive Engineers, my union falls under the umbrella of the Teamsters. I used to be UTU until I promoted to engineer. I've been in a labor union since 2012 when I hired out on the railroad. Ever since I hired out the old guys who hired on before 1985 were staunch Democrats, saying I needed to vote my job.

So I started under Obama and currently under Biden, my best four years on the railroad was under Trump. The work was as much as we could handle, and until the plandemic with its supply chain issues slowed things down. This last year the guys that have hired on recently have a bleak future for work as Bidenomics is going to cause more damage than Covid.

The heads of the unions are just another political class who are out of touch with its constituents. So when I vote, I vote for whomever isn't the incumbent. I don't know if that's the right vote or not as we get so little info on the candidates outside of our regional level. However, I want to disrupt the status quo. The national unions aren't in favor of the workers anymore IMO, they're just another political ruling (lobbying) class that wants to rub elbows with DC elites for a photo OP.

So I vote my job like the old guys said to do, and I tell everyone the same. I vote for the person that says and will actually try to stimulate our economy. As I told the first "old head" who told me I sounded like a republican, "Without an economy I don't work, and if Obama is so great why did we put 200 coal trains in storage when I was less than a year on the job?" The company never did pull all those trains out of storage, and under Biden we've been parking even more.

So of course I'm going to vote my job, I'm going to vote for the candidate that wants me doing mine. I left the UTU union because the President brought up a vote that would remove the conductor's job from thru-freight trains. It failed thankfully, but I promoted and got the hell out. I never understood how reducing working conductors by 2/3 was good for anyone but the companies bottom line and more than likely some sort of kickback to the UTU president. It sure isn't good for a bloated top heavy union to cut its dues by 66%.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
1. you are in the union

For the Charlotte NC guys. Serious observation that I'd like a response to.

1. you are in Charlotte NC and therefore in Mecklenburg County
2.Mecklenburg county supports Bide/democrat's and their policies
3. therefore you support Biden/democrat's and their policies.

How is there any other way to look at it? If you don't support your City/County's 's policies, what do you do to try and change them?

The political climate in Charlotte, NC is moderately liberal.

Mecklenburg County, NC is very liberal. In Mecklenburg County, NC 66.7% of the people voted Democrat in the last presidential election, 31.6% voted for the Republican Party, and the remaining 1.7% voted Independent.

In the last Presidential election, Mecklenburg county remained overwhelmingly Democratic, 66.7% to 31.6%.
Mecklenburg county voted Democratic in the last five Presidential elections, after voting Republican in 2000.

https://www.bestplaces.net/voting/city/north_carolina/charlotte

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by Valsdad
1. you are in the union

How is there any other way to look at it? If you don't support your City/County's 's policies, what do you do to try and change them?

Mecklenburg County, NC is very liberal. In Mecklenburg County, NC 66.7% of the people voted Democrat in the last presidential election, 31.6% voted for the Republican Party, and the remaining 1.7% voted Independent.

In the last Presidential election, Mecklenburg county remained overwhelmingly Democratic, 66.7% to 31.6%.
Mecklenburg county voted Democratic in the last five Presidential elections, after voting Republican in 2000.

Will you stop with factual data and logic!?!

Makes me sick...

IC B3

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Yep, me too.

The shrinks have told me it's an obsessive compulsive thing with smart people. grin

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Pssst, there is a Yuge difference between being a conservative while living in a liberal hell hole and claiming to be a conservative while sending monthly payments to the Democrat Party

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Give a man a welfare check, a forty ounce malt liquor, a crack pipe, an Obama phone, free health insurance. and some Air Jordan's and he votes Democrat for a lifetime.
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by Valsdad
1. you are in the union

👍

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Pssst, while being a conservative living in a liberal hell hole is one paying taxes to the local Democratic administration to further their agenda? Shopping in places that send money to their local politicians. Owning a business with employees that vote D?

In it is contentment

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
The sun rises in the east
Union leadership drives the vote and they will vote democrat. No doubt many will not, but enough to make a difference
Negroes always vote democrat (in the 90 percentile)
Jews practically the same ~ 85%

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by steve4102
Pssst, there is a Yuge difference between being a conservative while living in a liberal hell hole and claiming to be a conservative while sending monthly payments to the Democrat Party

How about if the same person in a union makes personal donations to Republican candidates? I donate more to local and state candidates, nothing to the RNC but have sent Trump money. I have no choice but to be in a union if I want my job.

I could decide to take a non-union job or start a business, but the average income where I'm living is $28-32K per year. So not much support with a small buisness either around here. The average cost of a house is $250K. I earn 4X that with my job. It allowed my wife to stay home while rasing our daughter and not worry about the necessities. I only live 55 miles from my aging parents (83 & 78) as well, so I can help them often.

I don't agree 100% with the union and how they operate. I did need to feed, house, and put clothes on a family. As a man and a father it was my privilege and responsibility to do so. I've had to make some sacrifices to take care of those important to me, and tonprovide them opportunities they wouldn't of had otherwise.

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
I'm actually in Cabarrus Co, but even if I was in Meck Co your argument makes no sense. Nobody tells me who to vote for. I don't join any clubs to support Libs.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I'm actually in Cabarrus Co, but even if I was in Meck Co your argument makes no sense. Nobody tells me who to vote for. I don't join any clubs to support Libs.
No one in any union I ever belonged to told me who to vote for.

Your experience, if you were ever a union worker, might have been different.

In it is contentment

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I’m a union member, have been since 1971: I voted for Trump both times, and I will again!!!!!!

Well we're Green and we're Gold, and we play better when it's cold. All us Cheese heads have our favorite superstar. We love Brett Favre.
J
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Sleepy
Campfire 'Bwana
J
Originally Posted by Whelenman
I’m a union member, have been since 1971: I voted for Trump both times, and I will again!!!!!!

I got banned on another web site for a debate that happened on this site. That's a first
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

553 members (12344mag, 1minute, 1Longbow, 10gaugemag, 06hunter59, 160user, 69 invisible), 2,385 guests, and 1,274 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,791
Posts18,496,131
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.