Hop To
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
L
LBP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
As long as she’s in the 180+ range all is good… very good!!😉

Will Munny: It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have.

The Schofield Kid: Yeah, well, I guess they had it coming.

Will Munny: We all got it coming, kid.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I'm honestly getting very disappointed with this Campfire place when one cannot even use the thing with which they're communicating on this forum to easily find the answer.

I mean, it's right there on the youtubermachine.

Jeebus

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
RAS Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Stormin_Norman
I do math all day long when I'm not in meetings. Well, now I cheat and write formulas in excel.

Excel is much, much more potent of a weapon that years past. With a help of a few fellow grad students, we made some cool optimization models with Solver. And we just scratched the surface of Excel.

Excel is worlds more than spreadsheets. I like any program application that allows you to look under the hood.

"...aspire to live quietly, and to mind your own affairs, and to work with your hands, as we instructed you, so that you may walk properly before outsiders and be dependent on no one." - Paul to the church in Thessalonica.

E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Never a fan of math.

Conduct is the best proof of character.
B
BMT Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by ribka
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
I had a calculus prof in college who had tests just like that. His tests were way above what he taught. In any class of 100, there are always a couple students who can do it no matter how hard it is. He'd say if they can do it, the rest of you should, too. The engineering students had to get by him before they could go on to their upper engineering courses. They were commonly having to take his class 2 or 3 times to get through it.

My calc and biochem Professor were the same. A score of 55 general was considered a B on the curve

I got a 23 on a physics test. Its was a B+.

One dude got 89.

Everyone else was in the 18-24 range.

The professor apologized.

The next tests were “at grade level”

"The Church can and should help modern society by tirelessly insisting that the work of women in the home be recognized and respected by all in its irreplaceable value." Apostolic Exhortation On The Family, Pope John Paul II
IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by RAS
Originally Posted by Stormin_Norman
I do math all day long when I'm not in meetings. Well, now I cheat and write formulas in excel.

Excel is much, much more potent of a weapon that years past. With a help of a few fellow grad students, we made some cool optimization models with Solver. And we just scratched the surface of Excel.

Excel is worlds more than spreadsheets. I like any program application that allows you to look under the hood.

Knew a guy who would write excel formulas in word, then cut and past them over. Had some massive work books for reporting and he'd spend hours a day critiquing your formulas instead of using the data analysis they created. At the time, most of the other analysts were ignoring excel for R and python and the like.

Me

C
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
C
I had a friend who was scary smart and had photographic memory. He got a full ride to UM, for engineering. Pete was side gig was taking tests for people for money. Think back to when SS numbers were used as your student identifier time frame was early 1980's. Pete charged $200.00 to take any math test and could even get you the grade you wanted or needed. He never went to any of his classes. He just read the book and took the tests, midterms and finals. Pete took a lot of tests and had to turn people down just because of scheduling! He made a lot of money in college. To this day he is one of the smartest people I have ever met. Math was just easy to him. The four of us would play against him in trivial pursuit and he would beat us every time. Scary smart guy.

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by wabigoon
4x X= 16. What is X?

The letter between W and Y.

I can walk on water.......................but I do stagger a bit on alcohol.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by BMT
I had a calculus prof in college who had tests just like that. His tests were way above what he taught. In any class of 100, there are always a couple students who can do it no matter how hard it is. He'd say if they can do it, the rest of you should, too. The engineering students had to get by him before they could go on to their upper engineering courses. They were commonly having to take his class 2 or 3 times to get through it.

My calc and biochem Professor were the same. A score of 55 general was considered a B on the curve

One dude got 89.

This guy that I had didn't use a curve. You needed a 70 to pass and getting 49 or 50 on a test was the usual. That's why the engineering students were having to take it 2 or 3 times to get through.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by BMT

One dude got 89.

Happened to me in Chem once. I generally liked Chemistry but this class was brutal. 2 exams only. Mid-term and final. It was 2 questions, you had 1 week to do it as a take home. Essentially getting part of one question right was a guaranteed B, getting 2 parts of 1 question right was an A.

LOVED the class as it was 99.5% lab work - hated the exams.

Me

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by ironbender
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
Who is Spain?

What is Aleppo?

Potent Potables or Pen Is Mighty?

When a country is well governed, poverty and a mean condition are something to be ashamed of. When a country is ill governed, riches and honors are something to be ashamed of
. Confucius
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Was never a fan of Horatios

FJB & FJT
J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
Originally Posted by 5sdad
In Class: 5+5=10

Homework: 734+555-432/69=12.42

Test: With 2 sheep flying, one yellow and the other headed right, how much does a pound of asphalt cost, given that the cow is 10 years old?

Nice! Hahaha!

I was terrible at math growing up. Not my strongest subject now but am better.

My best friend was and is a genius....so that is why I passed all my high-school math.

Mr. Pollington was my college math professor. He was a good teacher...and a gun nut.

I would go in on Thursdays and get help from him and he started talking about hunting Bighorns on his brother's farm.

The conversation turned to rifles and I said I figured a 280 Rem improved would be a good sheep gun.

I had no problems after that.

I am MAGA.
M
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by wabigoon
4x X= 16. What is X?

IDK

BUT!!!

If you meant:

4 x X = 16. what is X? I could do it.

Or

If you meant 4X = 16, What is X? I get that too!

wink

Which did you intend???

Last edited by Muffin; 04/26/24.

"...A man's rights rest in three boxes: the ballot box, the jury box and the cartridge box..." Frederick Douglass, 1867

( . Y . )
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by ironbender
Who is Spain?

What is Aleppo?

You missed the reference.

The proper response is “Why is Hitler?”

P

Well hell!!
I had 'Bourbon'

FJB & FJT
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
I hate meth too.

Ruins lives...

/s

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Double decker Ham sandwich !

Paul.

"Kids who grow up hunting, fishing & trapping, do not mug little old Ladies"
W
WMR Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
Originally Posted by BMT

One dude got 89.

This guy that I had didn't use a curve. You needed a 70 to pass and getting 49 or 50 on a test was the usual. That's why the engineering students were having to take it 2 or 3 times to get through.

If a teacher can't get most future engineers to score over 50%, then he's probably a lousy teacher. Maybe he's the one who needs more education.

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
At my school the physics profs were axe men too.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
My professor in honors physics 1974
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lowell_S._Brown

50 years later, what do I remember?

Just some of his jokes....

Chinese professor in our department wants to name a left hand spinning particle in the bubble chamber, "the screw off".
I am trying to explain to him, "NO YOU CAN'T!"

There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self. -Ernest Hemingway
The man who makes no mistakes does not usually make anything.-- Edward John Phelps
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

336 members (12344mag, 1lesfox, 222Sako, 1Longbow, 1lessdog, 160user, 33 invisible), 1,803 guests, and 1,156 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,750
Posts18,495,362
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.