Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
S
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
S
So I rarely visit the rimfire forum and when I do last week I get sucked down a rabbit hole that has created pervasive thoughts of rimfires and 10/22 builds. Thanks guys… I am a victim grin
I’ve identified at least 4 builds (not counting spares of course)
Smallfry

GB1

P
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P
All about shared misery. Pick your rabbit hole.

Society of Intolerant Old Men. Rifle Slut Division
B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by smallfry
So I rarely visit the rimfire forum and when I do last week I get sucked down a rabbit hole that has created pervasive thoughts of rimfires and 10/22 builds. Thanks guys… I am a victim grin
Smallfry

The "rabbit hole" can be fun to go down. You can go fairly inexpensive to exceedingly high priced. Which one are you going to choose? I like the inexpensive builds, myself. Just use a good barrel, and if you can do all the work yourself, you'll save a bunch.

Had my girlfriend out yesterday, shooting her 10/22 (actually mine), that I changed up a bit for her. She has been shooting some online fun shoots with me, and having a blast. It's fun to watch her shoot her 10/22 just as well as the guys with the $2,000.00 customs.
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Good luck smallfry!! But most importantly, have fun!!

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Smallfry
You'll want to stay away from the RimfireCentral website then!

Pursuit may be, it seems to me, perfect without possession.
Robert Kelley Weeks (1840-1876)
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by MT_DD_FAN
Smallfry
You'll want to stay away from the RimfireCentral website then!

That's why I don't go there anymore. LOL! 😂

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
I stay away because they’re too snooty…..

What fresh Hell is this?
B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by Pappy348

You'll run into that everywhere. Even some guys here say you have to put $2,000.00 into a 10/22 to have something worth while. I'll always shoot those remarks down though..

I've built them for damn cheap, and they shoot just as well as the customs. But, the nice thing about 10/22's is you have all kinds of options, and so many parts to chose from. No offense to those that buy rifles from Kidd or Volquartsen, just saying there are other options.

These guys are both fun to watch. Both have Kidd rifles.

I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.

BSA MAGA
H
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
H
Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter

You'll run into that everywhere. Even some guys here say you have to put $2,000.00 into a 10/22 to have something worth while. I'll always shoot those remarks down though..

I've built them for damn cheap, and they shoot just as well as the customs. But, the nice thing about 10/22's is you have all kinds of options, and so many parts to chose from. No offense to those that buy rifles from Kidd or Volquartsen, just saying there are other options.

Yea we know. You have told us a thousand times. We got it

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by hitman
Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter

Yea we know. You have told us a thousand times. We got it

That's good.. whistle Hopefully you listen..

BSA MAGA
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
The 10/22 is probably the most common firearm that leads people down a rabbit hole of changing parts in search of better accuracy and/or a configuration that better suits the needs/wants of the owner.

I went down a 10/22 rabbit hole a couple of years back and now find myself with 12 different 10/22 that are no longer in their original cataloged configuration. I might have gotten a little carried away, but it was fun while it lasted.

IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Ya can't hit anything with a 10/22.

Or a T/C Contender...

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
I like the 10/22 in stock form. Nice light rifles. The first I bought was an early Deluxe Sporter version that didn't have the front band. Well it was not a good shooter to say the least. 1 1/2 inches at 50 yards. Still I shot a lot of rabbits and squirrels with it. Traded it for a Marlin 336 30-30. The next I bought was the standard version. It shot just a bit better. Traded it off also. I guess my last experience with one I was shooting at the 50 yard range at Alpine and two young guys came in and set up next to me. They had a 10/22 with a really heavy barrel, large capacity magazines and otherwise customized. The one kid asked several of us if we wanted to have a shooting match, $10. entry. 6 of us said sure. My rifle was a very accurate Contender Carbine with a 23" match chambered barrel and it would consistently shoot into a half inch with ammo it likes which I happened to have plenty of. When it was over I easily won the 10 shot smallest group match. His rifle put ten in 1 1/4 inches. Mine all went into .7 as I threw a flier. I still won. He was outraged! It was funny to watch. He got so mad yelling the range master had to cool him down. Said he had $900. dollars in his rifle. He got mad when I told him it wasn't just how much the rifle costs, and the shooter makes a lot of difference. I have seen some of the 10/22's shoot really well just not that day. He did pay up.

Last edited by rickt300; 05/06/24.

Dog I rescued in January

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
IMHO it aint the gun or shooter, its the ammo.
My 10/22 build was picky.

H
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
H
Originally Posted by hookeye

In mine its all the above. I just tend not to belittle the people that can and do take it to the limit and keep pressing forward. Thankfully there are those that can because im always listening,learning and trying to do same myself. May not have same resources but still fun to follow along and see where we can take it from here.
Makes no difference to me whether its a 10/22,Cz457, cooper, etc. Its all good stuff , fun to shoot and for some even more fun trying to make em shoot better and better.And when things continually get pushed forward its Good for All

Last edited by hitman; 05/06/24.
K
K22 Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K
Originally Posted by hookeye

In mine its all the above. I just tend not to belittle the people that can and do take it to the limit and keep pressing forward. Thankfully there are those that can because im always listening,learning and trying to do same myself. May not have same resources but still fun to follow along and see where we can take it from here.
Makes no difference to me whether its a 10/22,Cz457, cooper, etc. Its all good stuff , fun to shoot and for some even more fun trying to make em shoot better and better.And when things continually get pushed forward its Good for All

Amen!

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Good point. In this case the shooter seemed a bit unstable.

Dog I rescued in January

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

For those who believe that life is all about the journey and not the destination, the search for perfection is the ultimate journey, for you will never reach the destination.

I wonder if Emerson was a rifle loony? wink

Gunnery, gunnery, gunnery.
Hit the target, all else is twaddle!

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

318 members (160user, 1Longbow, 01Foreman400, 10Glocks, 12344mag, 1badf350, 33 invisible), 1,945 guests, and 926 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,658
Posts18,512,779
Members74,010
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.