Campfire Ranger
E
Dam

GB1

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
No mention of a BOLO for a ''______________" ? < description here.

PRESIDENT TRUMP 2024/2028 !!!!!!!!!!

Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
So far there is almost no info at all that's been released. There's no description of any kind on the shooter or the victim.

β€œIn a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
So far there is almost no info at all that's been released. There's no description of any kind on the shooter or the victim.

Glad your Daughter and grandson are ok. Sorry that they had to go through this.

As to the lack of info on the shooter that pretty much speaks volumes.

"Aim right, squeeze light"
" Might as well hit what you're aiming at, it kicks the same whether you miss or not"
NRA Life, GOA
K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
Glad they are safe. Outside Augusta National, that city is just plain dirty and crime ridden. Used to go up almost every weekend to work on and test my race car 30 years ago and it was bad then.

IC B2

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by gunswizard
We had a similar situation in a Mall on Indy's southside, some miscreant entered the food court armed with two assault rifles and a handgun. Went into the rest room and assembled the assuault rifles which he'd carried in a backpack and came out shooting. Killed a Mexican couple and wounded another woman, a 20yr. old with a CCW ended the carnage. At a range of 40yds. he put 8 out of 10 shots into the perp ending his shooting spree. I'm carrying whenever I go to the Mall if only to have a means of defending myself and the wife. It has become a scary world out there, never know who's planning what or where, Boy Scout motto applies "Be Prepared" !

The deer hunter does not notice the mountains

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

There sure are a lot of America haters that want to live here...

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Glad your family is OK, Rock.

This world is out of control.

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by MadMooner
Much of Augusta has been a hell hole for years.

Glad they are ok.

I erroneously thought it was a high-brow area, due to the Masters tournament.....glad to hear Rock Chuck's family wasn't hurt.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Rooster7
We had a similar situation in a Mall on Indy's southside, some miscreant entered the food court armed with two assault rifles and a handgun. Went into the rest room and assembled the assuault rifles which he'd carried in a backpack and came out shooting. Killed a Mexican couple and wounded another woman, a 20yr. old with a CCW ended the carnage. At a range of 40yds. he put 8 out of 10 shots into the perp ending his shooting spree. I'm carrying whenever I go to the Mall if only to have a means of defending myself and the wife. It has become a scary world out there, never know who's planning what or where, Boy Scout motto applies "Be Prepared" !

Does the poster's handle surprise you?

Me

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by Teal
Originally Posted by Rooster7

Does the poster's handle surprise you?

Nope...

IC B3

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
KFWA, you’re blessed to live in an area that only recently you’ve become uncomfortable with your environment. I was that way with Baton Rouge 50+ years ago. I never left home without my handgun!

I knew 2 of the Sheriffs Deputies involved……one was terribly wounded and one took down one of the animals! I was 19 at the time!

Baton Rouge has had problems for many years! memtb

https://www.theadvocate.com/story-1...6cf2170-2281-11ee-8434-03e73f842170.html

You should not use a rifle that will kill an animal when everything goes right; you should use one that will do the job when everything goes wrong." -Bob Hagel

β€œI’d like to be a good rifleman…..but, I prefer to be a good hunter”! memtb 2024
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by memtb
KFWA, you’re blessed to live in an area that only recently you’ve become uncomfortable with your environment. I was that way with Baton Rouge 50+ years ago. I never left home without my handgun!

I knew 2 of the Sheriffs Deputies involved……one was terribly wounded and one took down one of the animals! I was 19 at the time!

Baton Rouge has had problems for many years! memtb

https://www.theadvocate.com/story-1...6cf2170-2281-11ee-8434-03e73f842170.html
I was 12 years old when that riot happened remember it. These days we wife and I never go to Baton Rouge unarmed it's a bad city killing, shootings happen there daily. Black gangs are responsible for 99% of it.

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Glad your daughter and grand son are OK rc. Another incidence where we won't hear of the perps illegally carrying or even possessing a firearm or even legally acquired. The leftist bastardos in charge still will not ever believe that the ordinary law abiding citizen should have right to carry and defend themselves if need be. Freedom and safety only belongs to those who can stand against criminal and political aggression. My 2 cts worth
Mb

" Cheapest velocity in the world comes from a long barrel and I sure do like them. MB "
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
What do you all call a semi-automatic rifle with 20-30 round magazine ?

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
What do you all call a semi-automatic rifle with 20-30 round magazine ?

A semi-automatic rifle. It certainty is NOT an "assault rifle".

Assault Rifle requires a rifle with select fire capabilities, (Semi and full auto or burst auto), and a removable, magazine fed cartridge of intermediate length.

A gunsmith learns this their first day.

Me

W
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W
I'm, glad they are safe.

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
And you know the shooter's weapons did not have these capabilities ? You wouldn't make a pimple on a gunsmith's azz.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
...at the Augusta, GA mall this afternoon when a shooter lit things up. She said they hit the floor and belly crawled to a nearby restroom to hide. There was 1 person hit and he took himself to a hospital. She said they've caught the shooter although the news reports say they're looking for him. They haven't said much yet but I get the impression it was between 2 people rather than a random mass shooting.

Too close to home , stay aware.

Norm

There is not enough darkness in all the world to put out the light of even one small candle----Robert Alden .
If it wern't entertaining, I wouldn't keep coming back.------the BigSky

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
And you know the shooter's weapons did not have these capabilities ? You wouldn't make a pimple on a gunsmith's azz.

Well you're 1/2 way to a gunsmith's ass. Someday the gunsmith part might happen.

I know because you're describing the Greenwood Park Mall shooting which was stopped by Elisjsha Dicken.

The perp in that instance had a Sig M400 (semi-automatic, not an assault rifle), S&W M&P AR-15 (semi-automatic, not an assault rifle) and a Glock - not even a rifle much less "assault rifle".

Me

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
You avoided answering the question there genious ? Don't know the answer do you ?

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

74 members (7mm_Loco, 35, Allen Martin, 300_savage, 24HourCampFireGuy50, 7 invisible), 1,699 guests, and 964 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,326
Posts18,526,475
Members74,031
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.