Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
SupFoo Online Content OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Final Thoughts on DeSantis: The One-Way Ticket Few Realized He Carried

The most common refrain from frustrated Ron DeSantis supporters has been, ‘why didn’t he just wait until 2028’?

Here’s the key point. DeSantis was always going to run for the Republican Party nomination in 2024. There was never a consideration not to do so. He ran for governor in 2018 specifically to set up the run for the Republican nomination in 2024. That was always the plan.

If President Trump won the 2020 election, DeSantis was positioned to run in 2024. If President Trump lost the 2020 election, DeSantis was positioned to run in 2024. DeSantis was going to run in 2024; not running was not an option. Start from that baseline and everything that took place during his tenure as Florida governor then starts to make a lot more sense.

Sundance - Good Read

Although Sundance has explained this in the past, this is his most comprehensive effort.

Once you realize the reality of Ron and Casey’s one-way ticket, then you start to recognize how cunning and deceitful they are. It is not coincidental that cunning and deceptive are also the adjectives used to describe the DC Republican establishment.

Many people were fooled by this establishment Republican plan; but then again, many people were previously fooled by all the professional Republican mask wearers…. So don’t feel bad if you were tricked by the duplicity.

After all, it was not that long ago when Senator Jeff Sessions was the widely espoused “most conservative” member of the upper chamber….

…How did that work out for us?

GB1

H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H
He didn’t wait because he needed to fill his bank account!

SupFoo Online Content OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Heym06
He didn’t wait because he needed to fill his bank account!

Well, for people that don't want to take the time to read the article, that is a pretty good TikTok summation.

If you start from the baseline that everything you've been told for three generations is a lie, you will be on solid ground 99% of the time going forward.

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Is this a 'opinion' piece?
Cause it reads like....well a opinion piece.

His Governance of Florida doesn't seem to be very RINOesque, in my opinion.

FJB & FJT
SupFoo Online Content OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Raeford

He was meant to appear to be MAGA. But, as I have pointed out in the past, his efforts were more flash than substance.

DeSantis took on the Alphabets at Disney. So what. Low hanging fruit, an easy mark that everyone hated.

Bused a few hundred migrants around. So what. Garnered lots of headlines as a 'crime fighter'. Nonsense, a few hundred is a drop in the bucket. But Americans have always been into flash and sizzle than substance.

DeSantis NEVER took on the guts of The Swamp - CIA, FBI, MIC, etc. He wasn't suppose to, they were part of his team.

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
When I was in college, I remember a newspaper article about a teen aged boy in Iowa ? or Illinois ? or one of the midwest States, who murdered both his stepfather and mother with an axe.

When the detectives questioned him, they asked him why he murdered his stepfather with an axe?

He replied, "I hated his guts."

The detective said, "Okay, but why did you murder your mother?"

The kid said, "I didn't like her much, either."

If that ain't logic, I don't know what is. grin

L.W.

"Always go straight forward, and if you meet the devil, cut him in two and go between the pieces." (William Sturgis, clipper ship captain, 1830s.)
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Ever heard of The Rona or COVID19?

FJB & FJT
T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
He was lured in by big money backers

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
I could be wrong but I didn't see DeSantis as taking the lead on anything MAGA. he just didn't stand in the way of the legislature and took credit for a lot of stuff. If I've learned anything about the Republican Party and the RNC in the last fifty years or so it's that they are deceitful and care nothing about the base. They pretty much are the same as democrats. All of Washington is controlled by the lobbyists that foot the bills for re-election. They're all bought and paid for. Republican establishment couldn't care less about the invasion or anything else as long as they hold the keys to power and Trump is the one that's threatening to ripp them out of their cold dead hands.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Yeah, I read that this morning.

As per usual Sundance has an uncanny ability to see through the Bullschit and tell it like it is.

Thanks for posting.

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Give a man a welfare check, a forty ounce malt liquor, a crack pipe, an Obama phone, free health insurance. and some Air Jordan's and he votes Democrat for a lifetime.
IC B3

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Raeford
Is this a 'opinion' piece?
Cause it reads like....well a opinion piece.

Exactly. He says the same thing over and over in that piece. Yawn.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by TBREW401
He was lured in by big money backers
A long time ago

He has been in their pocket for decades

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Give a man a welfare check, a forty ounce malt liquor, a crack pipe, an Obama phone, free health insurance. and some Air Jordan's and he votes Democrat for a lifetime.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
People get all pissy when their hero’s are exposed, DeSantis and McJohnson are prime examples

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
I think Ronna and the establishment were frantic to put up a viable candidate to defeat Trump. They still don't understand Trump owns the base. Ron believed his own press and went with it.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by rainshot
I think Ronna and the establishment were frantic to put up a viable candidate to defeat Trump. They still don't understand Trump owns the base. Ron believed his own press and went with it.
He, like Haley, are still hoping and praying Trump is eliminated before the convention.

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Ron gets stuff done.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by Calvin
Ron gets stuff done.
Cept when he set out to derail Trump

B
BMT Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by 700LH
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Correction: Naked hot chick with beer and a skateboard

"The Church can and should help modern society by tirelessly insisting that the work of women in the home be recognized and respected by all in its irreplaceable value." Apostolic Exhortation On The Family, Pope John Paul II
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
I'm thinking they got pretty tired of Haley. She proved to be something that couldn't be turned off once started. She, like Christy was one of those candidates that destroys the party. I stand by my reasoning that anyone trying to run against Trump had a political death wish.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

304 members (204guy, 10gaugemag, 1beaver_shooter, 117LBS, 219 Wasp, 10gaugeman, 38 invisible), 2,546 guests, and 1,089 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,446
Posts18,528,759
Members74,033
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.