M
laughing my butt off..........

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Cleveland, Ohio
St. Louis, Missouri
Memphis, Tennessee
Indianapolis, Indiana
Birmingham, Alabama

"...A man's rights rest in three boxes: the ballot box, the jury box and the cartridge box..." Frederick Douglass, 1867

( . Y . )
GB1

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Falling Waters, WV.

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Baton Rouge soon to follow

FJB & FJT
1 member likes this: Simplepeddler
F
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
F
Originally Posted by Muffin

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Cleveland, Ohio
St. Louis, Missouri
Memphis, Tennessee
Indianapolis, Indiana
Birmingham, Alabama

And if you asked any “community leader” there, what do people “need”, they’d STILL tell you “affordable housing” (read:free housing provided by taxpayers).

D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
I live 30 miles south of Indy and I'm still too close. You couldn't pay me to own a house there. Mayor Boss Hogsett got reelected and crime rose overnight. It's like Indy and Chicago are competing.

Medics bury their mistakes..
IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by fburgtx
Originally Posted by Muffin

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Cleveland, Ohio
St. Louis, Missouri
Memphis, Tennessee
Indianapolis, Indiana
Birmingham, Alabama

And if you asked any “community leader” there, what do people “need”, they’d STILL tell you “affordable housing” (read:free housing provided by taxpayers).

I got into it with our mayor candidate last year about that.

His POV was that we needed more affordable rental housing.
My POV - it's amazing how housing gets more affordable if people have jobs paying above 15 an hour. We need to cultivate industry to retain the talent and attract new talent/revenue - spread the tax burden across more people/businesses (without raising it)

He just couldn't fathom that housing isn't unaffordable because of some massive margins by landlords but because it's expensive to begin with and unless people earn money - they can't afford it at any price that's realistic to 2023/2024 etc.

That particular candidate did not win election.

Me

H
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
H
Why not just post the link to fox news, where you found this info.

M
Muffin Online Content OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by Heym06
Why not just post the link to fox news, where you found this info.

I did!!!

"...A man's rights rest in three boxes: the ballot box, the jury box and the cartridge box..." Frederick Douglass, 1867

( . Y . )
Q
Campfire Member
Online Content
Campfire Member
Q
Not necessarily… when you reflect that Wall Street bought up something like 25% of the affordable suburban houses (250-500k range) and took them permanently off the market, you might consider why “affordable housing” is a real problem for these suburban areas. Those places are now only rental properties. And at prices that make it hard to save to buy a house in the inflated economy.

In future years, “I live in my parent’s basement” is just going to be reality for a lot of people, and not an indicator that something is wrong with that person. Between the federal government and Wall Street, the U.S. is going to look a lot more like Europe unless there is a huge course correction. What “they” have done to this country since 1990 is a crime.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Cleveland? Well, no wonder. It's so Commie nobody would want to live there, hence cheap housing.

Politics is War by Other Means
IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
😜🤪😂

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Housing is a weird deal. Any desirable area and you are going to pay for it. So either housing was too cheap before or it's too expensive now. Take your pick.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
How about if we send 40 million illegals back home. I'll bet there is all kinds of housing. Rents will take a nose dive and America can be safe again. It seems many folks forget this little gem of information.

kwg

For liberals and anarchists, power and control is opium, selling envy is the fastest and easiest way to get it. TRR. American conservative. Never trust a white liberal. Malcom X Current NRA member.
2 members like this: local_dirt, Dinny
L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
sounds pretty much like Ni&&rville USA

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by kwg020
How about if we send 40 million illegals back home. I'll bet there is all kinds of housing. Rents will take a nose dive and America can be safe again. It seems many folks forget this little gem of information.

kwg

I agree with mass deportation, but I don't think it will be the solution to the housing shortage that is currently going on. Section 8 apartment complexes and really [bleep] homes might go vacant but no place a decent citizen would want to live.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I spent quite a bit of time in Indy 15 years ago for business. It never seemed dangerous to me and we were out all hours of the night.

Its a shame whats happened to it.

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by Q_Sertorius
Not necessarily… when you reflect that Wall Street bought up something like 25% of the affordable suburban houses (250-500k range) and took them permanently off the market, you might consider why “affordable housing” is a real problem for these suburban areas. Those places are now only rental properties. And at prices that make it hard to save to buy a house in the inflated economy.

In future years, “I live in my parent’s basement” is just going to be reality for a lot of people, and not an indicator that something is wrong with that person. Between the federal government and Wall Street, the U.S. is going to look a lot more like Europe unless there is a huge course correction. What “they” have done to this country since 1990 is a crime.
About a month ago I read the beginning of an article- the words of a President- maybe Teddy Roosevelt? He spoke on controlling ''$$ big money cartels''. I planned on reading & researching the entire article but lost it.
I know many will say/think/comment ''that's capitalism'' > ''what are ya some kinda commie''. Capitalism- appears to be like the board game- Monopoly.

When super corporations have bought up all of the large corporations which own the vast majority of corporations etc.>. When the oligarchs/super institutional investors own the land/buildings/homes/banks/vehicle producers/firearms manufacturers/etc./+++.
Is there a point when it's time to say enough is enough?
Wish i could find that article.

PRESIDENT TRUMP 2024/2028 !!!!!!!!!!

Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
J
Campfire Member
Online Content
Campfire Member
J
Originally Posted by Dinny
I live 30 miles south of Indy and I'm still too close. You couldn't pay me to own a house there. Mayor Boss Hogsett got reelected and crime rose overnight. It's like Indy and Chicago are competing.

30mi south of Birmingham and also too close...2 more years for the public school system of choice and I'll be moving

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Oh, brother.

Housing prices will stagnate (in uninflated dollars) over the next ten years.

Apartments are being built faster than you can say “move in special”.

The current single family home market was created through 10 years of artificially low interest rates. Demand for single family homes spiked because of affordability, demand for apartments dropped.

We saw a cultural shift away from apartments / condos and away from room mates. Buying a house was cheap and easy, and prices always increased.

As always, the cure for high prices is high prices. Like in the car market, the next two years will see a massive adjustment. It wouldn’t surprise me to see the average days on the market hit 5 months in most areas.

Sic Semper Tyrannis
Q
Campfire Member
Online Content
Campfire Member
Q
Originally Posted by Dutch

Oh, brother.

Housing prices will stagnate (in uninflated dollars) over the next ten years.

Apartments are being built faster than you can say “move in special”.

The current single family home market was created through 10 years of artificially low interest rates. Demand for single family homes spiked because of affordability, demand for apartments dropped.

We saw a cultural shift away from apartments / condos and away from room mates. Buying a house was cheap and easy, and prices always increased.

As always, the cure for high prices is high prices. Like in the car market, the next two years will see a massive adjustment. It wouldn’t surprise me to see the average days on the market hit 5 months in most areas.

Nothing in what you wrote indicates that home ownership will be any easier for middle class families at any point in the next decade. You don’t think that’s a bad thing?

What you have is a situation where most regular people cannot afford to sell the house they have (because they cannot afford a new one at current rates), 25% of affordable homes got permanently removed from the market, and first time homebuyers cannot afford to buy what is available. I looked into building a new house in central Virginia this past year. Regular quotes for a 1600 square foot house were in the neighborhood of $500k and up.

Apartments aren’t a solution for anyone attempting to build wealth. It used to be that a new couple might rent for a couple of years, then buy a starter home, then move up. The market was built around that model.

When combined with other social and political factors, it’s part of a recipe for a really bad time for Americans.

Last edited by Q_Sertorius; 05/01/24. Reason: Clarity
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

637 members (12344mag, 1beaver_shooter, 10gaugemag, 1badf350, 1100mag, 160user, 68 invisible), 14,642 guests, and 981 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,195,217
Posts18,543,734
Members74,060
Most Online21,066
May 26th, 2024

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.