Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Head to California. That State has a whole lot of Black bears. Shouldn't be too hard a hunt to put one in your freezer and on your carpet in front of your fireplace.

https://ktla.com/news/local-news/be...outhern-california-wildlife-expert-says/

L.W.

"Always go straight forward, and if you meet the devil, cut him in two and go between the pieces." (William Sturgis, clipper ship captain, 1830s.)
1 member likes this: Higginez
GB1

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
I do and it won't be in California....

M
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
M
I have one eating my dog food and chicken food every night, it may start laying eggs soon.lol he dumped out 100 pounds of layer food for chickens and just lays there eating.i have some rubber buckshot on the way just for him

Be reasonable. Do it my way!
V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V
Originally Posted by Jackson_Handy

Right.

They need the grizzlies back. The grizz is on their state flag FFS.

1 member likes this: Higginez
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
no,we have plenty pests right here at home. shenandoah national park has plenty of bear to hunt.

IC B2

O
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
O
Originally Posted by misfire270
I have one eating my dog food and chicken food every night, it may start laying eggs soon.lol he dumped out 100 pounds of layer food for chickens and just lays there eating.i have some rubber buckshot on the way just for him

I had a guy give me barrels of used frier grease from some joint down in KC. Used it at the bear camp thinking it would be great. It was for bringing them in. One and done on all baits, whatever spices are in that must really mess with a bears stomach.

I kept 5 gallons or so, tossed the rest. When there is a nuisance bear close in on the place I set out some bait covered in that grease, bear gone.

Osky

Last edited by Osky; 05/01/24.

A woman's heart is the hardest rock the Almighty has put on this earth and I can find no sign on it.
H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by Osky

I had a guy give me barrels of used frier grease from some joint down in KC. Used it at the bear camp thinking it would be great. It was for bringing them in. One and done on all baits, whatever spices are in that must really mess with a bears stomach.

I kept 5 gallons or so, tossed the rest. When there is a nuisance bear close in on the place I set out some bait covered in that grease, bear gone.

Osky

We used fryer grease a lot. We couldn’t use barrels and would layer logs up against a tree in a triangle. Then we’d dump the grease all over the logs and just a little on the bait..My much more experienced friend always said the value in the grease is getting it all over their paws so they made a trail for other bears to follow back to the bait.

I can walk on water.......................but I do stagger a bit on alcohol.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Jackson_Handy

Me too.

1 member likes this: fester
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Didn't they ban bear hunting in Cali?

U
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
U
Originally Posted by Osky

Osky

Maybe the grease was used to fry hot wings? 🥵😀

IC B3

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Originally Posted by crittrgittr

No.

Old Corps

Semper Fi

FJB
B
BMT Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by crittrgittr

Only with dogs

I got a nice one in October

"The Church can and should help modern society by tirelessly insisting that the work of women in the home be recognized and respected by all in its irreplaceable value." Apostolic Exhortation On The Family, Pope John Paul II
MAC Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I have hunted and killed black bear but I would not spend a dime in CA

You get out of life what you are willing to accept. If you ain't happy, do something about it!
Campfire Savant
Campfire Savant
Never had a desire to kill a bar!!

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter

misfire270;
Good afternoon, I hope the first day of May has been a good one for you all down in North Carolina, other than the recalcitrant bruin that is.

Our standard procedure for yard bears has been an escalating scale of force, starting with a wrist rocket and either marbles or ball bearings.

If it shows up again or simply is unable to grasp my side of the conversation, we go to these "Blue Specials" from Lightfield.

https://www.cabelas.ca/product/98388/lightfield-rubber-slug

One thing I would say about them is they work out to at least 50-60 yards as I applied one on a local last year at about that range.

It didn't like it much.

The other thing I do is have a couple of those Velcro backed elastic shot shell holders, one labeled "Non-Lethal" with the Lightfield Smurf colored slugs and the two orange balls that they load also in there for fun.

The other couple which aren't labeled have either Brenneke or Gualandi slugs in them.

Hope that was useful to you or someone out there who has bear issues.

All the best.

Dwayne

The most important stuff in life isn't "stuff"

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Killed Many, retired!

Deer, Moose, and Elk are still on the endangered species list lol

Last edited by KillerBee; 05/01/24.

KB

MAC Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by hanco
Never had a desire to kill a bar!!

You should try it some day. They are a good hunt and the meat is very good as well.

You get out of life what you are willing to accept. If you ain't happy, do something about it!
M
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
M
Thanks for the info, my rubber buckshot came in the mail this afternoon thats my next option. The bears are more plentiful in our area last few years and definitely a nuisance. The rascals are just like the other animals , they get a notice about opening day of hunting season and dissapear.

Be reasonable. Do it my way!
N
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
N
You will be disappointed with the buckshot but you might accidentally slip in a trap load and get his attention.

Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
Florida is overrun with the dang things. They are literally everywhere. Some years back, after 25 years of no hunting, the State opened a week long season. 326 bears were killed in three days, and the State shut down the season. They still have not allowed another season.

Sam......

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

598 members (219DW, 06hunter59, 17CalFan, 12344mag, 1lessdog, 1OntarioJim, 67 invisible), 2,997 guests, and 1,239 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,677
Posts18,534,241
Members74,041
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.