Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by slumlord
Prob with a lot of church is there is a shît ton of OLD DUMMFUGKS that will blow up a business meeting with a huge casserole dish of The Status Quo

found out last election just how many old people are hardcore democrats. Fugking baby killers.

Talked to one old couple that we used to be really close with. Politics never came up. Dang I just thought church folk were naturally conservative

NOPE, bunch of CNN watching robots with clockwork orange eyelids taped open. Couple in their 70s stupid as hell going on about how wonderful joe biden is.

Ugggh
People like them think open borders is ok

PRESIDENT TRUMP 2024/2028 !!!!!!!!!!

Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
GB1

R
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
R
The Methodist church started going downhill when it united the first time. It’s all about money

J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
Originally Posted by earlybrd
The closet phaag preacher at our Baptist church that recent was told to hit the road after 4yrs was a Methodist preacher prior to and has a rap sheet from pedo schit it took 40 odd members to leave plus 3 out of 4 deacons sad times

Purple hair, butchy, female “reverend”

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Does look purple.

I am MAGA.
A
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
A
The closet phaag preacher at our Baptist church that recent was told to hit the road after 4yrs was a Methodist preacher prior to and has a rap sheet from pedo schit it took 40 odd members to leave plus 3 out of 4 deacons sad times

Purple hair, butchy, female “reverend”

Ever seen a quarter bounce off an ass?

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by IA_fog
Saw on the news upwards of 40+% churches have left. Ours did last summer. Had the chance to get church building in our name so we took it. Now leaving churches have to buy it

Over the past 4 years 7600 churches have split away from the UMC.

As of mid 2023 4500 churches have become members in the GMC.

We left the Episcopal Church after a lifetime of membership there and joined the GMC last year.

IC B2

E
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E
Originally Posted by Houston_2
Saw on the news upwards of 40+% churches have left. Ours did last summer. Had the chance to get church building in our name so we took it. Now leaving churches have to buy it

We left the Episcopal Church after a lifetime of membership there and joined the GMC last year.
We meaning you and Gheyghost ?

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H

No one would dare to steal your lover. No one.

From that It’s apparent that you’re still with the UMC.

E
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E

No one would dare to steal your lover. No one.

From that It’s apparent that you’re still with the UMC.
Don’t get ur phaagut feathers ruffled 😂😂

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Prob with a lot of church is there is a shît ton of OLD DUMMFUGKS that will blow up a business meeting with a huge casserole dish of The Status Quo

found out last election just how many old people are hardcore democrats. Fugking baby killers.

Talked to one old couple that we used to be really close with. Politics never came up. Dang I just thought church folk were naturally conservative

NOPE, bunch of CNN watching robots with clockwork orange eyelids taped open. Couple in their 70s stupid as hell going on about how wonderful joe biden is.

Ugggh

slum, I hear you..I have had the same rude awakenings.

These blue democrats are financially shielded from the total mess they've helped create. I hate every one of them and I get as far away from them as I can.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
G
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
G
Originally Posted by Hudge
Originally Posted by Godogs57
Our church joined the Global Methodist church earlier.

https://www.npr.org/2024/05/01/1248...ns-on-lgbtq-clergy-and-same-sex-weddings

My mom’s small UMC church voted to stay with UMC as they could not afford the buyout. I think UMC demanding a buyout to go Global Methodist says a lot. I have a cousin whose husband is a Navy Chaplain and former UMC preacher. He left the UMC several years ago over the crap. I thought he was a weird cookie when I was growing up, but he had solid conservative beliefs and stuck with them.
The buyout is, for all practical purposes, the fee paid to the UMC to sign over ownership of your church back to YOU. Decades (?) ago the UMC was listed as the owner of record of all United Methodist churches, wherever they may be.

Our church is relatively new...we still owe about a million on the mortgage. The UMC certainly didn't want to be saddled with that! Hence, our relatively low buyout of 80 grand. My best friend in SC is a member of an old, beautiful, historical UMC with zero debt. It's worth millions as a historic building. Their buyout? 14 million! The UMC is being taken to court in cases such as that and there are law firms now that do only negotiations for local churches fighting for release of their church's title.

You only live once, but...if you do it right, once is enough.
IC B3

E
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E
Jerry Falwell country used to be round here until jr made the news 😂😂

B
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
B
The leftists are doing everything they can to infiltrate every church and push a Marxist agenda.

Bb

1 member likes this: Tyrone
A
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by Burleyboy
The leftists are doing everything they can to infiltrate every church and push a Marxist agenda.

Bb
Church? They’re infiltrating everyone with a mobile device .

H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H
I was raised Methodist. When I became aware they were spending money to take my guns I left them. Went to a funeral there last month and the preacher is a woman I suspect is gay. Shocking that people support that in church.

W
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
W
Our church disaffiliated and went with the GMC about a year ago. We are VERY pleased with how things are going so far. The disaffiliation rejuvenated our church, and we are growing nicely. We are a very happy congregation and I hope it stays that way!

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by Hudge
Our church joined the Global Methodist church earlier.

https://www.npr.org/2024/05/01/1248...ns-on-lgbtq-clergy-and-same-sex-weddings

My mom’s small UMC church voted to stay with UMC as they could not afford the buyout. I think UMC demanding a buyout to go Global Methodist says a lot. I have a cousin whose husband is a Navy Chaplain and former UMC preacher. He left the UMC several years ago over the crap. I thought he was a weird cookie when I was growing up, but he had solid conservative beliefs and stuck with them.
The buyout is, for all practical purposes, the fee paid to the UMC to sign over ownership of your church back to YOU. Decades (?) ago the UMC was listed as the owner of record of all United Methodist churches, wherever they may be.

Our church is relatively new...we still owe about a million on the mortgage. The UMC certainly didn't want to be saddled with that! Hence, our relatively low buyout of 80 grand. My best friend in SC is a member of an old, beautiful, historical UMC with zero debt. It's worth millions as a historic building. Their buyout? 14 million! The UMC is being taken to court in cases such as that and there are law firms now that do only negotiations for local churches fighting for release of their church's title.

In our case we told the UMC to keep the church building and real estate. The departing group to the GMC was larger than those that remained.

One of our member families donated 10 prime acres for our new church. We bought an old Methodist church outside of Port Gibson, Mississippi and we’re salvaging all of the stained glass windows, pews, flooring, altar and much of the beams within it. It was a beautiful old church in its day and was built before the turn of the last century.

Plans for the new church have been drawn and approved and the site has been cleared retaining one live oak estimated to be 275 years old. All permits have been satisfied and issued.

Our group being very well financed has been a blessing for us. Our Minister is a retired CEO of a major corporation and is very conservative as is our Council.

We’ll make out just fine and we hope to be in the new church before the end of the year.

1 member likes this: Tyrone
E
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E
200 member Sunday richly neighborhood older ppl Methodist church got sent a North Korean convert preacher about 10 yrs ago couldn’t speak english I schit you not 🤦

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by wilkeshunter
Our church disaffiliated and went with the GMC about a year ago. We are VERY pleased with how things are going so far. The disaffiliation rejuvenated our church, and we are growing nicely. We are a very happy congregation and I hope it stays that way!

Your post strikes a chord for sure. It’s a pleasure being among like minded folks.

O
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
O
Both of the small local UMC churches parted company and went independent.

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Methodist Church has been making a hard left turn for many years.
My dad was on the board of directors at our local church in the 1970's. At one meeting, it was decided that the collection money would go to the Negro College Fund. Dad was quite vocal in his opposition, saying the donation should go where it would benefit all students, regardless of race. We'll, that went over like the proverbial fart in church! The man was shunned like the Amish.

Shortly thereafter, he resigned his position and never returned.

"No good deed shall go unpunished!"
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

577 members (12344mag, 06hunter59, 10gaugemag, 10gaugeman, 1lessdog, 1234, 65 invisible), 2,461 guests, and 1,185 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,464
Posts18,529,198
Members74,033
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.