Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
W
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
W
Vegetarian, old Indian word for poor hunter.

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
GB1

J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
We better tell the elderly population to get to the woods! You got tags to fill grandma!

I am MAGA.
W
WMR Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
Originally Posted by TimberRunner
Originally Posted by BillyGoatGruff
All the hardasses that think wild game is the ticket when the balloon goes up are going to starve or eat long pig. With the proliferation of cheap accurate guns and ammo, anything walking around is going to get wiped the fûck out fast.

First thing that disappears when society collapses is the game animals. Wiped out.

I wonder if hungry people could wipe out feral hogs. That would be an interesting matchup. Given the cover and terrain in some areas, I’m doubtful.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Shocked
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Blackheart
Originally Posted by Idaho_Shooter
Originally Posted by Calvin
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
If there was only something people could do to not have to purchase high quality protein….

You gonna start giving away boat rides?

I do that enough already.

You can be the positive change in your community.

If you couldn't survive in my area with our without a boat, your effort level would be pretty low. Most of the usa has ample opportunities but people won't put in the time/effort to become proficient at harvesting what's available.
If only 10% of the population became proficient at hunting and fishing, then spread out and attempted to feed their families thereby, wild animals would become extinct within six months.

As sparsely populated as Idaho was during the depression and WW II rationing, it still took 25 years for Idaho game herds to recover from sustenance hunting.

The idea of living on game when SHTF is laughable with the possible exception of "your area". But expect a huge incursion of starving hordes from the cities.
Those starving hordes from the city don't know how to hunt, don't have anything to hunt with, couldn't hit much with it if they had a gun and figured out how to operate it and wouldn't know how to turn a dead animal into food if they had one. The vast majority would starve before they procured the means and figured it all out.
This

Campfire Outfitter
Online Shocked
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by BuzzH
All the hardasses that think wild game is the ticket when the balloon goes up are going to starve or eat long pig. With the proliferation of cheap accurate guns and ammo, anything walking around is going to get wiped the fûck out fast.

Doubtful, that requires getting off the couch...and net b itching non stop.

Perfect example is every time you look in mirror.

Are you concerned about the future of the country you're leaving your kids?
If her fa ggot ass really was, she wouldnt be voting democrat, but here she is

IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
32.68 for a 3.85lb beef tongue this morning.

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
R
Campfire Ranger
Online Sleepy
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by BuzzH
Hahaha!

Buncha killers.

Oh...and a fàg named Buzzie.

Just be thankful you have a bunch of no hunting 🤡's you can suck up to so you aren't working at the tasty bite in Chinook.

this is Buzzy best friend Ryan Busse. He is the highest paid anti gun lobbyist in the United States He is running for Montana Gov and Buzzy supports him. Busse hates Montana christians and wants to shut down christian churches in MontanaThe woman is Bussese crazy child killing batschit crazy bish wife

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

E
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E
Originally Posted by earlybrd
Phaagut buzz where does all ur meat go and don’t lie about it you’ve already said so??

B
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
B
Life is still pretty good if you turn off the news, stay away from this forum and go about your business.

1 member likes this: Pharmseller
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
unafordable ?... who gives a fuqk!... Corporate fed grocery store meat (and local butcher shop boxed meat) has been awful for decades anyway, can't eat it!... grow and butcher your own or go hungry... Welcome to Corporate America Ya'll...

IC B3

T
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
T
The point that many are apparently missing is that this is the plan of the elite, i.e., to make meat something mainly for the elite, while the remainder of the population acquire their protein from insects and the like. They are very busy arranging things on multiple levels towards this objective, e.g., massively inflating the currency, making farming increasingly costly, and outright outlawing farming in various places, not to mention mass killings of chickens, setting food processing facilities on fire, etc..

R
Campfire Ranger
Online Sleepy
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by stxhunter

Buy tongue locally from a rancher 1.00 a pound

Oxtail 2.00 a pound

Crazy how expensive now

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by ribka
Originally Posted by stxhunter

Buy tongue locally from a rancher 1.00 a pound

Oxtail 2.00 a pound

Crazy how expensive now

This is code talk for chitty hunter and broke.^^^

1 member likes this: Greenhorn
A
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
The point that many are apparently missing is that this is the plan of the elite, i.e., to make meat something mainly for the elite, while the remainder of the population acquire their protein from insects and the like. They are very busy arranging things on multiple levels towards this objective, e.g., massively inflating the currency, making farming increasingly costly, and outright outlawing farming in various places, not to mention mass killings of chickens, setting food processing facilities on fire, etc..
They want control of everything whether it’s by price or regulatory means.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
Originally Posted by Blackheart
Life is still pretty good if you turn off the news, stay away from this forum and go about your business.

Not wrong.

Jewish space lasers are coming for TRH's sirloin.

I am MAGA.
E
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E
Middle man has alot to do with price

J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J

You bet.

Buy local if you can find an honest producer.

I am MAGA.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Swamplord
Originally Posted by MarineHawk
Originally Posted by slumlord
Dang

That’s eye opening and very plausible

You could still make a giant Battalion sized casserol dish of 2 boxes of hamburger helper lasagna at the dollar general for $$4
And then a pound of ground chuck runs about $5 a lb, did yesterday evwning (from the Food Lion)

Could serve 5 humans easily with some wanting seconds

Maybe $10 for a fambly meal

Box of cereal is $5 and 1/2 gal of milk is $2.89 here in Ten-O’-Cee

My local Lion Food has their generic brand version of Life cereal, which is virtually identical, for about $2.50 a box, which is 12 1-cup servings. So, that's about 20 cents per serving. Add 13 cents for 1/2 cup of milk (going rate here), and it's about 33 cents per serving.

So, you're getting 8 grams of protein and 200 calories of not terribly unhealthy food for around 33 cents. A double-portion of that would be 66 cents--400 calories and 16 grams of protein.

Five double-servings would be $3.3. You're talking $9 for five servings of that hamburger/pasta cuisine.

I don't eat more than 1 or 2 small bowls of cereal per week because I tend to avoid carbs and processed food, but my girlfriend, her kids, and my kids sometimes want it. So, I generally keep some around. It's only expensive if you look at the price of a box of the more-expensive versions and think of a box of cereal as a single meal. A medium box of cereal has 12 servings.

I agree that the Kellogg's people are stupid and evil or whatever, but cereal in and of itself isn't necessarily a terrible deal.

Anyone who feeds their kids cereal, should be charged with child abuse and attempted poisoning, jailed and the kids taken away from them

That’s maybe a bit harsh, but there’s little doubt most boxed cereals are bad for you. Much better are more basic types like oatmeal, but in the end carbs are carbs, and most people consume way too many. Hidden carbs are everywhere too. I use Duke’s mayo, mainly because it tastes best to me, but it’s also the only one I’ve found with no sugar. Since I cut carbs way back I’m down 46-48 pounds and my A1C is well into the safe range. I’ll be off the hooch soon too while on pain meds and am hoping that gets me back on the weight loss trail.

What fresh Hell is this?
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

You bet.

Buy local if you can find an honest producer.
I pay a good price to my neighbor for their beef, but I know who's getting the cash. They have it butchered up the road on the way to the Big Town, so even the butcher money is staying local of a sort.

Need to get off my ass and get a half pig from the insurance folks farm too.

Wish someone around here did good chicken for a reasonable price.

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
E
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E
Chikins is high

Page 5 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

575 members (257man, 260Remguy, 1beaver_shooter, 117LBS, 1badf350, 57 invisible), 1,912 guests, and 1,315 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,261
Posts18,525,319
Members74,031
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.