Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Riverc
After reading through all the post seems like a nightmare getting parts these days. Maybe this is a push for people to get disgusted change their mind about gas & diesel cars/trucks and go buy an electric one.

the government is subsidizing fuel pumps for electrics. They're making more all the time.

[Linked Image from nationaltoday.com]

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
GB1

W
Campfire Tracker
Online Sad
Campfire Tracker
W
Went to look at a new Toyota Highlander that was on the dealer's website for the wife. It had everything on it we wanted, int. and ext. colors too.

It wasn't on the lot, salesman said it was around the back, waiting on a recall to be done. He drove it around to the front so we could check it out, but wouldn't let us drive it.

Said it might be six weeks to get fixed.

They changed the engine from the old reliable V-6 to a 2.4L 4-cylinder turbo too, WTF?

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by WYcoyote
Went to look at a new Toyota Highlander that was on the dealer's website for the wife. It had everything on it we wanted, int. and ext. colors too.

It wasn't on the lot, salesman said it was around the back, waiting on a recall to be done. He drove it around to the front so we could check it out, but wouldn't let us drive it.

They changed the engine from the old reliable V-6 to a 2.4L 4-cylinder turbo too, WTF?

I would HIGHLY RECOMMEND the hybrid version...

If you are not actively engaging EVERY enemy you encounter... you are allowing another to fight for you... and that is cowardice... plain and simple.

W
Campfire Tracker
Online Sad
Campfire Tracker
W
Originally Posted by CashisKing

I would HIGHLY RECOMMEND the hybrid version...

Looked into them, mixed reviews in really cold weather. Noisier. Plus no fuel cost savings till 75K+ miles. Meh.

Got rid of a troublesome 2019 Honda Pilot. Fuel delivery issues, took 3 weeks to fix, twice, with a week in between. Bye bye.

Wifey didn't like the Highlander anyway. Went a different direction.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
ah,but japanese junk cars run forever

IC B2

O
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
O
Have him file a complaint with his state Attorney General office Consumer Complaint.

One man with courage makes a majority....

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Have him talk to a lawyer? Consultation is usually free.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
This is common. Honda may not even make the part. The part manufacturer, even if it is Honda, is probably making them at close to maximum capacity just putting them in new vehicles. When a widespread problem like this occurs, it taxes their capacity.

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Looked into them, mixed reviews in really cold weather. Noisier. Plus no fuel cost savings till 75K+ miles. Meh.

Got rid of a troublesome 2019 Honda Pilot. Fuel delivery issues, took 3 weeks to fix, twice, with a week in between. Bye bye.

Wifey didn't like the Highlander anyway. Went a different direction.

You may be right about the WY cold... It rarely gets below 20 degrees here.

We have the 2022 Sienna AWD (which is almost a clone (drivetrain wise) of the Highlander. Great rig and pretty consistent 36 MPG.

The Highlander had 0.6" additional ground clearance.

If you are not actively engaging EVERY enemy you encounter... you are allowing another to fight for you... and that is cowardice... plain and simple.

G
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by srwshooter
They do. The electronic steering box is screwed up. Car runs fine.

The wife and I just got back from putting 5300 miles on her 2011 Accord in less than two weeks. It is at 162,000 miles now. It still runs like new, and has never needed a single repair; only very basic maintenance (battery, tires, oil changes).That isn’t likely to happen with a Chevy, Ford, or Dodge.

Last edited by gregintenn; 05/05/24.
IC B3

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Lemon Law it. If the vehicle is out of commission for more than 30 days he has a solid case. It is a slam dunk win if the vehicle has been at dealership for several months.

My biggest fear is when I die my wife will sell my guns for what I told her they cost.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

Just stick to GM bailout buggies...yee yee.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Might have missed this, but has he contacted the dealership that he bought it from? Maybe they would be a bit more apt to help him out.

Black Cows Matter!
G
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by muleshoe
Might have missed this, but has he contacted the dealership that he bought it from? Maybe they would be a bit more apt to help him out.
That’s where the car currently sits, awaiting parts. He’s driving a low mileage, late model CRV loaner from there. I’m sure they don’t like the situation any more than he does. There are several more there in line ahead of his awaiting the same part.

T
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
T
Most states would qualify a lemon as 30 days out of service for the same defect, I had a buyback after reaching 31 days in Arizona. definitely ask the dealer for the Honda Customer Care phone number and contact them. This is the manufacturers issue not the dealers, the dealer only gets paid to make warranty repairs for the manufacturer, they are not the decision maker, all repairs have to be approved by the manufacturer or the dealer doesn't get paid. They should buy it back.

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
A quick search of his states lemon law will tell you have a possible case. Even with only one issue 30 consecutive days out of service on a new vehicle during the first year likely qualifies him. I’m there is fine print in the law but I would read up then contact a good attorney.

Life can be rough on us dreamers.
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by twoaussies
Most states would qualify a lemon as 30 days out of service for the same defect, I had a buyback after reaching 31 days in Arizona. definitely ask the dealer for the Honda Customer Care phone number and contact them. This is the manufacturers issue not the dealers, the dealer only gets paid to make warranty repairs for the manufacturer, they are not the decision maker, all repairs have to be approved by the manufacturer or the dealer doesn't get paid. They should buy it back.
This.

Life can be rough on us dreamers.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by MartinStrummer
Originally Posted by gregintenn
Is every auto company having problems getting parts still, or is this just a Honda thing?

My youngest has a 2017 Dodge 1500 Eco-Diesel.
Got a recall letter from Dodge about the fuel pump in 2021.
The kid immediately ran to a Dodge dealership to have the recall work done and a couple of other minor hiccups fixed.
The Customer Svc Mgr told the kid "they" didn't have the part to correct the recall, check back in a month or two.
Six months later, the dealership STILL didn't have the part. In fact, the kid was told Dodge hadn't even started manufacturing the part for the repair and didn't know WHEN the part "MAY" become available!
After having other fuel system problems, the kid was informed that the dealership did, in fact, FINALLY get the part to make the needed repair.
Over 2 years later!

The pickup is great! Runs like a top and has everything (except pulling power!) the kid wants and needs! Roomy and comfortable....and 4 door!
But 2 YEARS?

These car maker/dealerships are clever. Been getting numerous recall notices for both my Hondas and my Toyota for some bullshit little plastic parts, etc. (seat belt retainer clip, and so-on so-forth)

Their goal is to get you to bring your car in, have a 25 cent part replaced, and in the meantime they run a bullshit scan on your vehicle and find scores of things needing attention, then hard sell their services.

No dealerships work on my vehicles, they are money hungry crooks.

"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man."
Thomas Jefferson

GeoW, The "Unwoke" ...Let's go Brandon!

"A Well Regulated Militia" Life Member

W
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
W
They're all like this. Good friend had the engine go out in his Chevy pickup in December. Was late July until the dealer replaced it!

S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
Originally Posted by gregintenn
They do. The electronic steering box is screwed up. Car runs fine.

The wife and I just got back from putting 5300 miles on her 2011 Accord in less than two weeks. It is at 162,000 miles now. It still runs like new, and has never needed a single repair; only very basic maintenance (battery, tires, oil changes).That isn’t likely to happen with a Chevy, Ford, or Dodge.

I had a 2011 Accord LX that I sold in July of 2022 that had 256,000 miles on it. Regular maintenace and a couple of minor repairs. The guy that bought it was very happy to get it.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

600 members (12344mag, 160user, 1beaver_shooter, 1lessdog, 10gaugemag, 1badf350, 66 invisible), 3,043 guests, and 1,136 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,620
Posts18,533,042
Members74,041
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.