Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
W
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
W
This article is saying USDA is mandating all cattle and bison are to be tagged with an electronic tracking device. Is this true?

https://citizenwatchreport.com/new-usda-mandate-raises-concerns-among-american-farmers/

"The alarm bells are sounding in the heartlands of America as farmers face a new mandate from the USDA. Recently, the United States Department of Agriculture (USDA) announced a new requirement: all cattle and bison must have Electronic Identification (EID) tags. This seemingly innocuous move has sent shockwaves through farming communities, sparking concerns about privacy, autonomy, and the future of farming itself..........."

GB1

A
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
A
I haven’t heard about it.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
W
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W
Not as far as I know, but?

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
The only thing I'm aware of is they changed the old metal bangs clip to a 'fancy button'.

It's primarily used for breeding stock that cross state lines. And they are scannable but not trackable.

Last edited by SamOlson; 05/04/24.
W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
Can you put one on your wife?

IC B2

O
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
O
Originally Posted by WYcoyote
Can you put one on your wife?

Kinda figured most guys would just wanna boot there wives down the chute and out, not needing to know where they end up.
Thinking for a friend.

Osky

A woman's heart is the hardest rock the Almighty has put on this earth and I can find no sign on it.
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
The Gov't just keeps adding restrictions to cattle raisers.
As if $150k tractors, $3.50/gal fuel, $400/ton fertilizer and threats of "methane emission" taxes isn't enough to frustrate a farmer!
It's mind blowing!

Reminds me of the Gov't requiring explosive producers to place small identifiers in their product. That way, the Gov't could figure out who made the explosive.....except the environment ended up being flooded with "explosive markers" so badly, they couldn't figure out WHERE the explosive came from!

O
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
O
Originally Posted by MartinStrummer
As if $150k tractors, $3.50/gal fuel, $400/ton fertilizer and threats of "methane emission" taxes isn't enough to frustrate a farmer!
It's mind blowing!

Reminds me of the Gov't requiring explosive producers to place small identifiers in their product. That way, the Gov't could figure out who made the explosive.....except the environment ended up being flooded with "explosive markers" so badly, they couldn't figure out WHERE the explosive came from!

150k on a tractor? Vermeer bailers are pushing past 50k anymore at least the 504 plus models. All in it might be tough to get two for 150K.

Osky

A woman's heart is the hardest rock the Almighty has put on this earth and I can find no sign on it.
O
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
O
Originally Posted by Osky
It's mind blowing!

150k on a tractor? Vermeer bailers are pushing past 50k anymore at least the 504 plus models. All in it might be tough to get two for 150K.
Tractor prices are a good bit higher.

Osky

H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H
triple 17 around here is over $600

I AM AMERICA!
IC B3

O
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
O
Are any of you fellows using garlic salt for your herds? Thoughts?

Osky

T
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
T

Osky

For what?

Montana MOFO
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Flies and no, we've never tried it.

Last edited by SamOlson; 05/05/24.
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
It's mind blowing!

Osky

Guess that shows I've been out of it for awhile! LOL!
.....and I live in farm country! Cattle, wheat and cotton prevail around here.

I can remember when the big, articulated 9600 JD tractors were $110k to $120k depending on accessories.
Guy up north of me farms a creek bottom. His big John Deere has triple tires all around. I understand that farmers don't go through tractor tires like NASCAR racers do, but what do those tires cost now? A thousand? Fifteen hundred? ...or more?
I can't imagine trying to replace all those tires at once! 🤯

It is a bit hard to comprehend for alot of folks who worked for an hourly wage all their lives, but a farmer mostly gets paid once a year! When he sells his main "crop"!
THAT paycheck must cover expenses to start the process for next year, plus living expenses for the family!

J
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
J
I suspect it is coming. I was watching “Clarkson’s Farm” and he got some cows. They had to tag the cow’s and the calves and then call in and register them with a government agency. Every cow was accounted for and the calves had to be matched with the cows. So, they are already doing it in England I guess.

Last edited by JoeBob; 05/05/24.
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Maybe one day people will say -no.

PRESIDENT TRUMP 2024/2028 !!!!!!!!!!

Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

Osky
Only when I grill.

"Live like you'll die tomorrow, but manage your grass like you'll live forever."
-S. M. Stirling
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
THAT paycheck must cover expenses to start the process for next year, plus living expenses for the family!

What they do now, is use that paycheck to pay back the bank and then pull a new loan for the upcoming year lol.

Any farmer/rancher that says they don’t gamble is a liar…. Not their fault and they may not “enjoy” it but gambling it is.

Last edited by hardway; 05/05/24.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
It's mind blowing!

Osky

Guess that shows I've been out of it for awhile! LOL!
.....and I live in farm country! Cattle, wheat and cotton prevail around here.

I can remember when the big, articulated 9600 JD tractors were $110k to $120k depending on accessories.
Guy up north of me farms a creek bottom. His big John Deere has triple tires all around. I understand that farmers don't go through tractor tires like NASCAR racers do, but what do those tires cost now? A thousand? Fifteen hundred? ...or more?
I can't imagine trying to replace all those tires at once! 🤯

It is a bit hard to comprehend for alot of folks who worked for an hourly wage all their lives, but a farmer mostly gets paid once a year! When he sells his main "crop"!

There are good old skidders for sale around here that need tires.
4 new forestry tires cost more than the machine is worth.
A lot of them run grizzly chains until the tires pop.
Might as well, tires don't last real long in the rocks.

Parents who say they have good kids..Usually don't!
H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H

Osky
One of the bigger ranchers here does and swears by it,, mixes about half a gal of powdered garlic to #50lb of stock salt,, keeps it front of em they lick it clean,, says its better than mixing cotton seed meal ,,

I AM AMERICA!
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

564 members (1beaver_shooter, 160user, 1Longbow, 10gaugeman, 17CalFan, 1234, 56 invisible), 3,183 guests, and 1,217 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,665
Posts18,534,104
Members74,041
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.