C
Originally Posted by Tarkio
Originally Posted by CashisKing
Transmission?

Auto trans

$20k - $21k ...

$25k if she was a manual...

IMHO... here in the Virginias.

She will be worth considerably more in the future... if you maintain the current condition.

If you are not actively engaging EVERY enemy you encounter... you are allowing another to fight for you... and that is cowardice... plain and simple.

GB1

H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H
Originally Posted by 007FJ
Originally Posted by Heym06
What is this truck worth these days?

Extended cab, long bed, 4wd. Very clean.
Could be where the dip stick goes in, hope it's not, you would need to pull the pan to repair it correctly. Ford used a organic 😎, plastic for this part, they crack and leak.

There are two methods to do this in the truck.

One converts it to an outside gasket. (Much less expensive) Follow the video directions and use a heavy duty coat hanger to capture the piece and remove the o-ring...do not drop it.

https://www.riffraffdiesel.com/dipstick-adapter-repair-kit-7-3l-94-03/

The other is a big aluminum piece that replaces the existing one. Again do not drop the o-ring and the old tube adapter drops to the bottom. Follow the video directions on you tube and print.

https://www.strictlydiesel.com/product/2690/strictly-diesel-dipstick-adapter-repair-kit

If you don’t have patience and mechanical skills, pay someone to do it.
. These are patches for poor engineering. Drop a piece off the coat hanger and then what. Watched the neighbor fight that battle!

H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H
Transmission?

Auto trans

$20k - $21k ...

She will be worth considerably more in the future... if you maintain the current condition.
Autos on the eastern part of the country, seem to be higher priced, than the western side. And no salted, chemical treated roads here to eat the vehicle, seems odd! I'm thinking because there are less pickups and less 4 wheel drive pickups. Maybe that keeps prices up who knows!

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Transmission?

Auto trans

$20k - $21k ...

Autos on the eastern part of the country, seem to be higher priced, than the western side. And no salted, chemical treated roads here to eat the vehicle, seems odd! I'm thinking because there are less pickups and less 4 wheel drive pickups. Maybe that keeps prices up who knows!

The guy who bought mine owns a used car lot in Houston. Put her on a car transport to resell in Texas.

P

Obey lawful commands. Video interactions. Hold bad cops accountable. Problem solved.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

Member #547
Join date 3/09/2001
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
Transmission?

Auto trans

$20k - $21k ...

The guy who bought mine owns a used car lot in Houston. Put her on a car transport to resell in Texas.

P
Texas has some great trucks, zero rust but very high mileage. a low mileage 5.9 or 7.3 command some good money in Texas …is there anyway that you can find out what he’s asking for that truck or what he sold it for I’m saying 25K.

IC B2

R
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
R
The market has come down quite a bit in the last 3-4 years.

My stock 02 7.3 with 225k just sold for 12k, but the paint was deteriorating and had some rust on the cab roof.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Last edited by robertham1; 05/05/24.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by 007FJ
What is this truck worth these days?

Extended cab, long bed, 4wd. Very clean.
Could be where the dip stick goes in, hope it's not, you would need to pull the pan to repair it correctly. Ford used a organic 😎, plastic for this part, they crack and leak.

There are two methods to do this in the truck.

One converts it to an outside gasket. (Much less expensive) Follow the video directions and use a heavy duty coat hanger to capture the piece and remove the o-ring...do not drop it.

https://www.riffraffdiesel.com/dipstick-adapter-repair-kit-7-3l-94-03/

The other is a big aluminum piece that replaces the existing one. Again do not drop the o-ring and the old tube adapter drops to the bottom. Follow the video directions on you tube and print.

https://www.strictlydiesel.com/product/2690/strictly-diesel-dipstick-adapter-repair-kit

If you don’t have patience and mechanical skills, pay someone to do it.
I replaced my gasket using a piece of tig wire. It wasn't a terrible job.

Originally Posted by BrentD

I would not buy something that runs on any kind of primer given the possibility of primer shortages and even regulations. In fact, why not buy a flintlock? Really. Rocks aren't going away anytime soon.
C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
[Linked Image]
Let us know what you get for it..I think some of these guys are higher than a kite when it comes to real world value/sales

She never made it past the bedroom door, what was she aiming for...?
She's gone shootin..
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I would go up to maybe $15-20k if I was after a slow F350.

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Transmission?

Auto trans

$20k - $21k ...

Fair opinion...

But I disagree...

I suspect Oregon et al west cost... is too stupid to know about a clutch.

PLEASE RESPOND.

If you are not actively engaging EVERY enemy you encounter... you are allowing another to fight for you... and that is cowardice... plain and simple.

IC B3

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by robertham1
The market has come down quite a bit in the last 3-4 years.

My stock 02 7.3 with 225k just sold for 12k, but the paint was deteriorating and had some rust on the cab roof.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

That is a $20k truck out here... all day long... even if she is an A/T.

And I hates Fords

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Transmission?

Auto trans

$20k - $21k ...

Fair opinion...

But I disagree...

I suspect Oregon et al west cost... is too stupid to know about a clutch

PLEASE RESPOND.

Can I respond?

P

Obey lawful commands. Video interactions. Hold bad cops accountable. Problem solved.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

Member #547
Join date 3/09/2001
C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
Can I respond?

P

Sure...

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
PAL is welcome to respond also...

T
Tarkio Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
T
Well, I ended up buying the truck.

Don't really have a pressing need for it. And after selling 2 trucks this spring to trim down the herd, I weakened and bought it.

Think I will turn it over to the boy to drive back and forth to Bozeman for college. Kid loves the older trucks and he has put his head down and done a pretty nice job attacking school. Probably be close to a wash when we sell the tacoma he drives now so not a bad swap. So it will be a bit of a reward for him toeing the line.

Montana MOFO
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
How much $?

T
Tarkio Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by SamOlson
How much $?

Suffice to say, it was under the market for what these would typically bring. But not super cheap considering it is a 23 year old truck. It is very clean. A few Montana pinstripes onad a couple little dings. But otherwise, clean. Interior is like you would expect from grandpa's truck.

I owned powerstrokes in the past. I forgot how much fricken oil they take. This first oil change, filters etc cost well over $400 at the parts store.

Going to the mechanic to deal with an oil leak right away. Trans service is in the works along with diff services. New shocks and we will start using her and see how she does.

Montana MOFO
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Good luck with it.

R
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
R
Good luck.

Make sure to change the HPOP oil. I’d do it every other oil change.

S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
In these parts, a 6 speed manual transmission will add $8k. I have an 02 7.3 250 shortbed with a Pro-line flatbed and bumper and 130k miles. I've turned down $35k for it. When you look at what new trucks cost anymore, really nice used ones are worth the money.

To ride hard, shoot straight and speak the truth.
NRA Benefactor Member
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

521 members (1Longbow, 10gaugeman, 257Bob, 2500HD, 22250rem, 257 roberts, 55 invisible), 3,265 guests, and 1,207 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,707
Posts18,534,814
Members74,041
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.