Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
KFWA Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
good insights

thanks everyone

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
GB1

C
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
C
T1-11 that mofo... and be happy.

If you are not actively engaging EVERY enemy you encounter... you are allowing another to fight for you... and that is cowardice... plain and simple.

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
I'd just go buy a fancy pontoon and be done with it!

FJB & FJT
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by KFWA
good insights

thanks everyone

If I needed a camper for hunting camp, I would take it, probably keep tarps on the roof the rest of its life, and it would just serve as a bunkhouse at camp. I sure would not put $2-300 into it as it is as shown beyond any reasonably priced repair. If I did not need a trashed trailer for a hunting camp I wouldn’t touch it with a 10 ft pole.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Could you drill a small hole in the bubble and inject glue?

It takes a village to raise an idiot.
IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
any thoughts on how to do it?

If you had a crystal ball you’d set fire to it now.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
The delam came from a leak. It could be minor damage still....or 100% rot.

There are rot stop products that you may be able to inject one one end and vacuum through to the other side....if minor, you could do the same with adhesives.

When done, a little np1 on the holes would do......but the first order of business is to find the source. It'll be some wall or roof penetration.....a vent, light, seam.....it's coming from somewhere.

Check the ceiling for any discolor and remember that water flows downhill so the stain may not be the source.

To fix it correctly, you need to pull the filon and assess the wood under it.

Originally Posted by BrentD

I would not buy something that runs on any kind of primer given the possibility of primer shortages and even regulations. In fact, why not buy a flintlock? Really. Rocks aren't going away anytime soon.
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Glue it and screw it.

L
las Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
L
Grenade.

Someone here gave me that advise when I was fixing rotted out flooring in my PU Lance camper, and was not far wrong.

I think I put about 400 hours into it, probably $500, but it is usable again. Heck, it even looks halfway decent, but usability was the goal. Achieved.

In all those rigs," weight savings" leads to crappy materials and construction it appears.

The only true cost of having a dog is its death.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I thanked God when my brother got rid of his 5th wheel camper, I was always having to fix chit on it for him. It did have nice flooring after I got done with it though.

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
IC B3

L
las Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
L
Oh yes - I offer no solution, but good luck! smile

Last edited by las; 05/06/24.

The only true cost of having a dog is its death.

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Look up R-pod construction method and Azdel composite panels. There's no wood in there to hold a screw. The whole panel is probably trash.

pal Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
A decent looking repair can be made using sex bolts to sandwich 1/8" x 1" anodized aluminum flat bar (painted or not) on both sides of the delaminated panel. Set everything in polyurethane caulk, such as 3M 5200; mask and cleanup immediately. A simple job for 2 persons.

"There's more to optics than meets the eye."--anon

"...most of us would be better off losing half a pound around the waist than half a pound on our rifle."--dhg

H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H
Originally Posted by Heym06
Piano hinge with a flip up table . Bolted through to a backing plate! Effectively sandwiched the siding, and gained a latern stand. Don't cobble it and it would look factory!!

took me a minute to visualize what you meant. That would be ideal if it was a horizontal bubble. This is more vertical.

But maybe a white metal strip screwed into would one way to address it.
Make a hinge and tack a vertical piecd. The vertical piece could hold the table brace. Step outside the box. Maybe a cross of flat aluminium. Printed with your favorite verse! Lots of options.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Shocked
Campfire Outfitter
My sister has a camper that has been sitting around unused for several years. She offered to give it to me but she told me it needed some work.

The main issue is that the exterior - whatever you call it - siding? panel?, the hard textured plastic panel has separated from the subwall so it bubbles out.

Kinda hard to explain but my BIL said it gets particularly bad when it gets hot.

I don't know if you can remove an entire wall? My thought was that I might be able to dremel a cut the height of it, peel it back and get some industrial adhesive to glue it back, then seal the cut with whatever.

below in the picture is where its come unglued. The subwall underneath is solid

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
Its a delaminated sidewall and no, there isnt a good way to repair it and have it last, short of replacing the entire wall. Depending on the year, the wall may or may not still be available. Water is normally what does this. Its nothing more than a thin piece of fiberglass heat pressed to styrofoam and then thats bonded inside to paneling. Light weight but chit if it gets water inside. You can half ass it with a section of filon. Youll need a spray glue that wont melt styrofoam, most do. Benders and stayput both make one. Glue both side and stick on. Mud the seams and see how long it lasts before it blows off lol

Campfire Outfitter
Online Shocked
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by grouseman
Could you drill a small hole in the bubble and inject glue?
no

Campfire Outfitter
Online Shocked
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Stickfight

Too wet, wont burn lol

KFWA Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
looks like I"m going to go down there one weekend to work on it and maybe with my BIL out there we'll both arrive at the conclusion its not worth fixing and I'll offer to haul it to the dump for him. I guess their are salvageable items - the propane fridge and furnance

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Originally Posted by gunchamp
Originally Posted by Stickfight

Too wet, wont burn lol
Can you buy tannerite in Ohio?

J
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
J
why the blue tarp over it? Does it leak somewhere? Could that be helping cause the "bubble", as in water damaged "wood" under there?

I don't know how old that R-POD is, but the newer ones don't have any wood in their construction. They use welded aluminum frames with the fiberglass exterior. I'd bet that one doesn't use any wood for the structure either. Just the floor and cabinets.

It does look like the roof has been leaking, but if no wood is in the walls it isn't going to damage it. I'm betting the roof could be sealed and the damage is just cosmetic. I bet it cleans up and is usable

Most people don't really want the truth.

They just want constant reassurance that what they believe is the truth.
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

642 members (1eyedmule, 160user, 1234, 10gaugemag, 10ring1, 19rabbit52, 75 invisible), 3,513 guests, and 1,198 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,634
Posts18,533,297
Members74,041
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.