Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
G
Originally Posted by Journeyman
Originally Posted by GAGoober
Buffett probably makes more on dividends than capital gains

Dividends from where?
Every company that Berkshire Hathaway owns pays dividends however Berkshire Hathaway pays zero dividends to its stockholders. Granted those dividends go in as cash holdings in Berkshire Hathaway, but Buffett benefits from the dividends too

GB1

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by jetjockey
Originally Posted by org_Rogue_Hunter
They only have eight more months of denial, then they'll blame Trump for the problem.

Well, $8 TRILLION of it was added in only 4 short years under his Presidency. Btw. Are you aware Democrats are actually much better for the federal debt in the US?
None are better they all crooks and could care less about American people.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

Dividends from where?
Every company that Berkshire Hathaway owns pays dividends however Berkshire Hathaway pays zero dividends to its stockholders. Granted those dividends go in as cash holdings in Berkshire Hathaway, but Buffett benefits from the dividends too

His net worth benefits as to the value of his BRK holdings just like any other stockholder, but not his income.

You can no more tell someone how to do something you've never done, than you can come back from somewhere you've never been...
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Dutch
Originally Posted by RJY66
Originally Posted by logger
In the past Buffet has said the wealthy aren't paying enough taxes, so it appears that now's his chance.

Its always been his chance. He could have written a check to the IRS at any time, as could any lib with money. I personally have never encountered one who did.

If I'm reading his writings at the time correctly, the context was hedge fund managers paying a reduced rate for their income, rather than ordinary income taxes. Buffet makes his money on capital gains, also not taxed at ordinary income taxes, but not a "special" tax treatment like hedge fund managers.

Still, taxes for thee and not for me....

Berkshire does, but unless Buffet deliberately goes out of his way to pay more taxes doesn't show any dividend on his personal taxes.

Sic Semper Tyrannis
A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
They have been saying for 12 to 15 years, that 47 percent of population in US don’t pay any taxes, now you have 10 million more illegals on top of that, start with the biggest problem looking you in the eye !

IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
They only have eight more months of denial, then they'll blame Trump for the problem.

Well, $8 TRILLION of it was added in only 4 short years under his Presidency. Btw. Are you aware Democrats are actually much better for the federal debt in the US?

Budgets are set and spending is determined primarily by Congress. President basically does/doesn't sign those bills. So who has held Congress at any given time has more to do with deficit spending than the President.

Me

1 member likes this: gunchamp
H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H
When is the last time Congress actuall did their duty and passed a budget?

G
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
G
What amazes me are the number of people living paycheck to paycheck, no retirement savings or even regular savings for that matter. Many of these folks are driving $60,000plus vehicles with large monthly payments including mortgages and knee-deep in credit card Debt. What happens when these big companies start laying off and the the recession hits?

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
What amazes me are the number of people living paycheck to paycheck, no retirement savings or even regular savings for that matter. Many of these folks are driving $60,000plus vehicles with large monthly payments including mortgages and knee-deep in credit card Debt. What happens when these big companies start laying off and the the recession hits?

Companies are laying off - the recession isn't talked about because the federal/government spending keeps propping up GDP.

Me

1 member likes this: GAGoober
Campfire Outfitter
Online Shocked
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Teal

Companies are laying off - the recession isn't talked about because the federal/government spending keeps propping up GDP.
This

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Online Shocked
Campfire Outfitter
And this is the kind of stuff that Im talking about. We have a huge hit coming. Well north of a trillion dollars in credit card debt now, prices of everything rising, interest rates making vehicles and homes untouchable for most and they still cant get inflation under control. They are holding the crash off as long as possible so the average dumb voter wont blame the illegal pedo sitting in the wh currently. So many dont quite understand how bad things are going to get

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G

Dividends from where?
Large cap stocks?

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by gunchamp
And this is the kind of stuff that Im talking about. We have a huge hit coming. Well north of a trillion dollars in credit card debt now, prices of everything rising, interest rates making vehicles and homes untouchable for most and they still cant get inflation under control. They are holding the crash off as long as possible so the average dumb voter wont blame the illegal pedo sitting in the wh currently. So many dont quite understand how bad things are going to get

If a generation or other people feel like houses are out of touch now - price wise. Fed cutting rates and a drop of mortgages to just 4% much less the sub 3% others enjoyed in the past is going to make today's prices look like the best thing they've ever heard of.

Me

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Slum,

Hope you're getting better!

Bet R50 could help with that buffet....

Last edited by blindshooter; 05/06/24.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by gregintenn

Dividends from where?
Large cap stocks?

Nope. Discussed above.

You can no more tell someone how to do something you've never done, than you can come back from somewhere you've never been...
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

I can't help but thing the whole ponzi scheme is heading for the inevitable crash.

I'm thinking about investing my massive cash holdings in Chef Boyardee products and shelf stable beer. laugh

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by Hogwild7
When is the last time Congress actuall did their duty and passed a budget?

I was thinking the same thing. Remember when the President would lay out a budget listing his priorities and then congress would take their stab at it with the line-items often being publicized sticking-points for both sides?

Congress seems to now greatly prefer Continuing Resolutions with Sweet and Sour Pork-Balls.

Anybody actually know what/who's budget they're actually Continuing?

I can walk on water.......................but I do stagger a bit on alcohol.
J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J

Budgets are set and spending is determined primarily by Congress. President basically does/doesn't sign those bills. So who has held Congress at any given time has more to do with deficit spending than the President.

The President signs the bill. Simple as that. He can easily not sign it, send it back to congress, and say I’m not signing anything that adds$8 trillion to the budget. Besides, Trump said he would balance the budget. Why not hold him accountable for that lie? Funny thing is, when it’s Trump, you guys blame congress for the debt, but when it’s Obama or Biden, the blame goes directly to the top! Why the double standard?

Campfire Tracker
OP Online Shocked
Campfire Tracker
There is no double standard from where I sit. Republicans and Democrats are equally guilty for the overspending. On the campaign trail EVERYONE promises to do something about it and EVERYONE instantly forgets their promises when sworn into office.

99% of voters can't balance a checkbook, live within their means, have copious amounts of debt, and couldn't pass a high school economics class. So Congress and Presidents alike know they can do whatever the hell they want and no one would be the wiser.

Idiots one and all.

Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum
1 member likes this: Chuck_R
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B

If a generation or other people feel like houses are out of touch now - price wise. Fed cutting rates and a drop of mortgages to just 4% much less the sub 3% others enjoyed in the past is going to make today's prices look like the best thing they've ever heard of.

that is hard for some to understand...bob

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

483 members (19rabbit52, 06hunter59, 17CalFan, 160user, 1Longbow, 163bc, 43 invisible), 2,830 guests, and 1,156 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,656
Posts18,533,907
Members74,041
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.