Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
S
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
S
... or "totes" as they're called now for stuff like books, DVDs, clothes and the like in a damp (unheated, no AC) garage. I want gasket seals in the lids, roughly footlocker size. I'll add moisture and oxygen absorbers.

I know Pelicans are at or near the top of the pile for quality, but the cost of one would be more than the combined value of all the stuff I want to store and I don't need anywhere near that level of ruggedness.

Thanks in advance!

GB1

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Missile and rocket cases, .50 cal, 20 and 30 millimeter are more foot locker shaped. I used them to pitch a jeg of firewood in. Truck box tools, etc.

Gasketed, I have have several, found them in the DUMPc free. Just keep eyes open.

Tennessee sucks though.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Action packers and other similar totes. Rn a thin bead of silicon RTV seal when to affix the lid, and you are good to go.
RB

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Not foot locker size..

I use these. Handy for ammo.

Get em at the Lowes, HD, or the crazy prepper guy at the gunshow…

Dave

�The man who complains about the way the ball bounces is likely to be the one who dropped it.� Lou Holtz

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by slumlord
Missile and rocket cases, .50 cal, 20 and 30 millimeter are more foot locker shaped. I used them to pitch a jeg of firewood in. Truck box tools, etc.

Gasketed, I have have several, found them in the DUMPc free. Just keep eyes open.

Tennessee sucks though.

Thanks for using a word 'jeg' that there's 1,200 meanings and uses for, it's noun-pronoun-verb-adverb-adjective- Goldy-Locks used jeg once when arguing with a bear and i still have no idea what it mean---congrats

PRESIDENT TRUMP 2024/2028 !!!!!!!!!!

Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
IC B2

S
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
S
Thanks for all the suggestions. I'll have to check Colemans' surplus for the big ordinance cases unless there are other places that have them.

@ Slumlord, does Tennessee suck because of the humidity?

J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J

Tennessee sucks though.

Been looking for more of those bottom cans for years.

I am MAGA.
J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
Originally Posted by Steven60
Thanks for all the suggestions. I'll have to check Colemans' surplus for the big ordinance cases unless there are other places that have them.

It's not the humidity....it's the people.

I am MAGA.
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Ice chest would fill the bill.

Never take life to seriously, after all ,no one gets out of it alive.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad

Tennessee sucks because Miss Lynn and some drunk people on here from Arizona said so.

IC B3

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Put JFC on ignores

PRESIDENT TRUMP 2024/2028 !!!!!!!!!!

Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
This is what you are looking for. The top case has 10 closures and an “O” ring gasket in the lid to seal it. They are light and indestructible…

https://colemans.com/medical-transport-chest-u-s-g-i-aluminum

https://colemans.com/medical-transport-chest-u-s-g-i-aluminum

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Big ice chest from Walmart. Pack it full, lock the lid shut, and seal the lid seam with Gorilla tape. Forget it for years if necessary.

Ignorance can be fixed. Stupid is forever!
J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad

Tennessee sucks because Miss Lynn and some drunk people on here from Arizona said so.

I don't think Miss Lynn ever left.

I am MAGA.
Q
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Q
I use these plastic storage boxes from Walmart/Target for my food, clothing, and ammo long term storage. The ones I use have a good seal. They make a couple of different sizes. I can easily fit 50 pounds of rice or salt in one. They are also great for storing bulky things like powder. It can get a bit cumbersome to move one of them if you fill it up with ammo, but I really don't need to move them. I have a couple of ammo cans for carrying some ammo out to the range or something, but I don't like to pay the prices they charge for the .50 caliber cans these days. I can fit as much ammo in one of these boxes as I can in 2-3 ammo cans. And I can see right into it to know what I have on hand.

Something like this:

https://www.target.com/p/ezy-storage-52-8qt-ip67-waterproof-storage-box/-/A-81967134#lnk=sametab

Last edited by Q_Sertorius; 05/08/24. Reason: added link then fixed it
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by Q_Sertorius
I use these plastic storage boxes from Walmart/Target for my food, clothing, and ammo long term storage. The ones I use have a good seal. They make a couple of different sizes. I can easily fit 50 pounds of rice or salt in one. They are also great for storing bulky things like powder. It can get a bit cumbersome to move one of them if you fill it up with ammo, but I really don't need to move them. I have a couple of ammo cans for carrying some ammo out to the range or something, but I don't like to pay the prices they charge for the .50 caliber cans these days. I can fit as much ammo in one of these boxes as I can in 2-3 ammo cans. And I can see right into it to know what I have on hand.

Something like this:

https://www.target.com/p/ezy-storage-52-8qt-ip67-waterproof-storage-box/-/A-81967134#lnk=sametab

That's what I keep my smoker pellets in.

The deer hunter does not notice the mountains

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

There sure are a lot of America haters that want to live here...

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

174 members (3333vl, 308xray, 2ndwind, 10gaugemag, 1minute, 300_savage, 22 invisible), 14,498 guests, and 1,113 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,195,228
Posts18,543,964
Members74,060
Most Online21,066
May 26th, 2024

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.