Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
P
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
P
A guy stole $600 from Girl Scouts selling cookies outside a grocery store.

Now they have to sell eight boxes to make up for the loss.

GB1

I
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I
If the rainbow groups want to be in a club , why not just get their own group? Of course that is not their purpose. They could call themselves the gay scouts and have their own.

But the fruits of the spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness,faithfulness, Gentleness and self control. Against such things there is no law. Galations 5: 22&23
J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
Never did care for it.

I was a scout for a while but didn't stick with it.

Never brought it up to my boys.

Never did trust a fellow that wanted to go camping with little boys.

I am MAGA.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
Never did care for it.

Same - the Scouts I joined in the mid 80's didn't do anything cool. Was all indoor stuff and I was outside all the off weekends with my dad and friends. I wanted to join the Scouts of the 30's-60's I had read about, not what I got. So we stopped, me and my brother. My son did scouts as a Cub scout and rinse/repeat - "Dad we never do anything cool outside" and he dropped.

GF's boys (mentioned earlier) didn't get those same outdoor experiences with their dad but the scout camps in their group was a thing. I didn't come into their lives until their last year basically as they finished up Eagle. Super glad for them and happy they did it. Apparently each group/pack etc kinda had their own levels of experiences - not all were equal with engagement from leadership.

Me

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
Never did care for it.

this!!

IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
I had hella fun in Boy Scouts in the late '70s and early '80s, we were all 16-18-year-olds. We raised a lot of hell at the scout camp and had the Flowers ranch a few thousand ranch, between Highway 16 and Cotulla TX, off of 624, that the Nueces River ran through. lots of beer was consumed.

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
One of the headlines in my local paper this morning read, "Local Scout leader sentenced to 22 years..." I know of another pending case against a scout leader that should be coming to court soon. I think scouting has just about run its course.

Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
I was lucky to be in a real active troop. We went to jamborees, summer camp, winter camping, marched in parades, etc. and always won awards as a troop. At one point we had 8 active Eagle scouts. I worked hard and finished my Eagle requirements when I was 14, had my ceremony right after I turned 15. I really enjoyed it as a kid. Unfortunately I just couldn't put my kids into it as it had changed too much.

W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
Originally Posted by Ptarmigan
I was lucky to be in a real active troop. We went to jamborees, summer camp, winter camping, marched in parades, etc. and always won awards as a troop. At one point we had 8 active Eagle scouts. I worked hard and finished my Eagle requirements when I was 14, had my ceremony right after I turned 15. I really enjoyed it as a kid. Unfortunately I just couldn't put my kids into it as it had changed too much.

This was more like my experience as a Boy Scout. We had a great scoutmaster who was the father of a close friend of mine who would also take us hunting and fishing at his cabin in the north woods and lakes of Wisconsin.

The activities we did were a lot of fun. Fire starting races were perhaps my favorite. Had two strings stretched between to posts, one about a foot high the other maybe three feet. Teams of two. At ready, set, go you hunted up your fuel. Could build your wood to the low string, and light whenever you wanted. First to burn the high string wins.

I'm sure it is nothing like it was then.

R
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
R
I thought the Boy Scouts already changed their name to NAMBLA.

IC B3

S
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by stxhunter
I had hella fun in Boy Scouts in the late '70s and early '80s, we were all 16-18-year-olds. We raised a lot of hell at the scout camp and had the Flowers ranch a few thousand ranch, between Highway 16 and Cotulla TX, off of 624, that the Nueces River ran through. lots of beer was consumed.

Alcohol consumption is a frequent mention in scout(s) got molested incidents.

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
The last line is particularly relevant.

Stupidity has its way, while its cousin, evil, runs rampant.
O
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
O
Change the name to improve "inclusion"... And then gush all over the first female Eagle Scout from a troop made up exclusively of girls...

DEI = "Anyone except straight white males..."

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
My son was an Eagle and is still a member of the order of the Arrow and former Scout Master. His troop as a Scout was Troop 509 at Hurlburt Field, Florida. Why is that very important? His Scout Master and two Assistant Scout Masters were all three killed trying to save lives in the Iran Embassy Staff rescue attempt.My son became a PJ and a Combat Rescue Officer, did 23 years with near 2,000 combat missions flown. So the training and values mean nothing...sure they mean nothing to the perverted adz holes of today.

I was a Life Scout myself and was merit badge instructor, have four grandsons today. I Now advise all of my grandsons to stay away from Scouting and stay away as far as they can get, Scouting in my opinion, no long has any self earned honor, no tradition, no code, nothing to teach, except depravity, all contrary to the Bible and the Bible is the actual base of the teachings of and foundation of Scouting.

To make it clear: Scouting left us, we did not leave Scouting. All you need do is read the history of Scouting. Then read three books of the Bible; Luke, Revelations and Eclaestties. If you really need chapter and verse I can quote. those to you

Today in my opinion, it is nothing but an organized place for sexual perverts to find and prey on youg boys in the dark, alone, in the woods at night.
Fug your new Scouting perversions.

“To expect defeat is nine-tenths of defeat itself. It becomes a self-fulfilling prophecy. It is best to plan for all eventualities then believe in success, and only cross the failure bridge if you come to it."
Francis Marion - The Swamp Fox
1 member likes this: cumminscowboy
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Microcosm of our whole damn country..............................................................................

If you find yourself in a hole....quit digging
H
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
H
" If you drink and drive, don't park- - - - - - -accidents cause people!"

Ignorance can be fixed. Stupid is forever!
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Strop10

Lol. We were already pretty much adults by the time we were in our teens most of us had jobs girlfriends , that chit wouldn't fly.

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
E
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E
Son of mine was one in his younger yrs we baled when the phaagut schit came out

W
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W
I was a Cub Scout, a Boy Scout, and an Explorer Scout. Some WW2 vets for Leaders.

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
S
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by Strop10

Lol. We were already pretty much adults by the time we were in our teens most of us had jobs girlfriends , that chit wouldn't fly.

A large percentage of BSA adult males involved in molestation not only had had girlfriends at some point, but also wives along with being employed.

Not all scouts molested during scouting events were molested by adults in BSA, plenty were molested by older scouts.

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

579 members (007FJ, 10gaugemag, 10gaugeman, 12savage, 1234, 64 invisible), 1,908 guests, and 1,310 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,176
Posts18,523,721
Members74,030
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.