Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by tikkanut
Originally Posted by T_Inman
Originally Posted by JamesJr
I always put Noem a few notches above Palin, but Palin didn't screw up her career this bad. There isn't one thing wrong with shooting a dog, as I've shot a few myself, but you don't tell the world about it unless you're trying to wreck yourself politically.

Always thought she was smarter than that.....

When is SD's next Gov race....?

Tincock from AK would still hit it........just sayin'

There's not much out there I wouldn't hit.

It's a gift.....just sayin'

You fugger.........

Haven't changed any eh ?

Ever in Utah........let ya buy me a beer.........

I only drink the finest of Belgium brews. Those, and Miller Lite of course.
PS the LDS love me in Utah and so do the bitches, because I treat them with nothing but respect and that includes the fatties.

Suck it.

Gave you a free like from UT............(:

I don’t want a free like from UT.
I want a free BJ in SD. Up for a road trip?

However since that may not happen, I’ll settle for stating that as per usual, I see both sides here. Overall I do think Noem made a poor choice when mentioning the incident, even if it was meant to portray she isn’t afraid of making tough decisions. She possibly gained a few votes from hard core country folk that may not be huge fans of hers otherwise, but I am sure she lost a lot more votes from moderates who find that kind of thing appalling.

It is what it is, and I suspect she’ll wish she hadn’t made that point in her book. On the flip side, it is also good that she voluntarily got this skeleton out of her closet. If she hadn’t and it was dug up later by the enemy during campaigning, she’d be in an even worse light.

GB1

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by Hotrod_Lincoln
Didn't the dog attack some kind of livestock? That's a DRT situation for any mutt around these parts- - - -either by its owner, or anyone else who witnesses the attack. I'd be a little sorrier for the dog than I would be for shooting a corrupt politician or a crooked lawyer or judge, however! Those feral animals are supposed to know better!

Not necessarily. Both my Catahoulas are very aggressive toward cattle when they are trying to move them. They nip and put on pretty vicious displays of growling especially when our bull gets testy which is always. That is different than attacking cattle but to most they couldn't tell the difference.

Dog I rescued in January

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Noem's dog was a bird dog, and it killed 2 chickens. More or less, what it was trained to do. I would suggest that you keep a bird dog away from birds.

She did have a [thin] case for wacking the dog, but she forgot the third letter from SSS. Female brain at work.

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by JamesJr
I always put Noem a few notches above Palin, but Palin didn't screw up her career this bad. There isn't one thing wrong with shooting a dog, as I've shot a few myself, but you don't tell the world about it unless you're trying to wreck yourself politically.

Always thought she was smarter than that.....

When is SD's next Gov race....?

Tincock from AK would still hit it........just sayin'

There's not much out there I wouldn't hit.

It's a gift.....just sayin'

You fugger.........

Haven't changed any eh ?

Ever in Utah........let ya buy me a beer.........

I only drink the finest of Belgium brews. Those, and Miller Lite of course.
PS the LDS love me in Utah and so do the bitches, because I treat them with nothing but respect and that includes the fatties.

Suck it.

Gave you a free like from UT............(:

I don’t want a free like from UT.
I want a free BJ in SD. Up for a road trip?

However since that may not happen, I’ll settle for stating that as per usual, I see both sides here. Overall I do think Noem made a poor choice when mentioning the incident, even if it was meant to portray she isn’t afraid of making tough decisions. She possibly gained a few votes from hard core country folk that may not be huge fans of hers otherwise, but I am sure she lost a lot more votes from moderates who find that kind of thing appalling.

It is what it is, and I suspect she’ll wish she hadn’t made that point in her book. On the flip side, it is also good that she voluntarily got this skeleton out of her closet. If she hadn’t and it was dug up later by the enemy during campaigning, she’d be in an even worse light.

I agree in general. However today in politics we need people not afraid of shooting vicious animals on our side. Having had many dogs and a few I had to dispose of I don't consider her story an issue. Just because a bunch of weak, simple individuals are too squeamish or have Disney mentalities don't like it so what? If moderates are so ignorant of reality do we really want them? If pussies decide who runs the country then it is obvious why we are in the shape we are.

Dog I rescued in January

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by gunchamp
Originally Posted by Bwana_1
Originally Posted by rcamuglia
I wonder if 10 year olds who get into trouble, maybe by stealing or vandalizing, can be taken out, shot in the head and the the parents who raised them poorly can just make another one, hoping they’ll turn out better?

Immediately turn 12 year olds loose in a sawmill so they can learn from the others. If they fugg up the project or lose a limb, bullet behind the ear and start over

😂😂😂😂🤣
So are we comparing a dog to a child now?

It appears so, I didn't even know how to respond to that post.....that's going off the deep end to me.
Head scratcher for sure

Just illustrating absurdity by being absurd

The crux of the issue is that some see their dogs as man’s best friend, a best hunting buddy, and part of the family and take ownership seriously enough to put in the time it takes to teach the dog to be a “good citizen” through training. A responsible dog owner

Others see their dogs as nothing more than livestock and treat them as such

The latter, I can’t relate to

Originally Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
1 member likes this: Stophel
IC B2

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by simonkenton7
Noem's dog was a bird dog, and it killed 2 chickens. More or less, what it was trained to do. I would suggest that you keep a bird dog away from birds.

She did have a [thin] case for wacking the dog, but she forgot the third letter from SSS. Female brain at work.

Simple Simon! Too funny. Bird dogs are not trained to kill birds of any kind. This kind of action from a family dog is unacceptable. Stick with stupid, it's all you have.

Dog I rescued in January

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by Bwana_1
I wonder if 10 year olds who get into trouble, maybe by stealing or vandalizing, can be taken out, shot in the head and the the parents who raised them poorly can just make another one, hoping they’ll turn out better?

Immediately turn 12 year olds loose in a sawmill so they can learn from the others. If they fugg up the project or lose a limb, bullet behind the ear and start over

😂😂😂😂🤣
So are we comparing a dog to a child now?

It appears so, I didn't even know how to respond to that post.....that's going off the deep end to me.
Head scratcher for sure

Just illustrating absurdity by being absurd

The crux of the issue is that some see their dogs as man’s best friend, a best hunting buddy, and part of the family and take ownership seriously enough to put in the time it takes to teach the dog to be a “good citizen” through training. A responsible dog owner

Others see their dogs as nothing more than livestock and treat them as such

The latter, I can’t relate to

Beautiful pictures. You are ignoring the fact that some dogs are not going to ever become mans best friend. Training will not fix all dogs.

Dog I rescued in January

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Dogs aren't for everyone. Dogs need someone to dedicate their time and patience to train and spend time with them. If you can't spend time with them don't get a dog, obviously she didn't spend a lot of time with her pup being too busy in her political life yet wanted to have a hunting dog at her leisure. Doesn't work that way, she also should have kept her mouth shut.

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Originally Posted by duke61
Dogs aren't for everyone. Dogs need someone to dedicate their time and patience to train and spend time with them. If you can't spend time with them don't get a dog, obviously she didn't spend a lot of time with her pup being too busy in her political life yet wanted to have a hunting dog at her leisure. Doesn't work that way, she also should have kept her mouth shut.

It took place 20 years ago. Not sure if she was in politics back then.

"Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem."
Ronald Reagan
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Hard core working dogs often don’t make good pets. Bear hounds are often looked at as tools and nothing more. They’re likely going to be hurt at some point and getting attached to them like a pet isn’t always a wise choice. Some houndsman do get attached and that is fine—-but I have seen too many hounds hurt and killed by lions and bears to own them myself, as I am a dog lover.

Killing the poor performers is something houndsman as well as bird dog trainers often do, to keep their reputation as a trainer of ‘good’ dogs. Same with those who breed cow dogs and whatever else. I don’t like it, but I see the rational to do so. They’re just working dogs to some people. If they’re both working dogs and family pets for a person that’s awesome but not everyone sees them as pets.

Personally I don’t see it as anyone else’s business though unfortunately that isn’t the world of politics, public spotlight and voter rational that we live in.

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Hard core working dogs often don’t make good pets. Bear hounds are often looked at as tools and nothing more. They’re likely going to be hurt at some point and getting attached to them like a pet isn’t always a wise choice. Some houndsman do get attached and that is fine—-but I have seen too many hounds hurt and killed by lions and bears to own them myself, as I am a dog lover.

Killing the poor performers is something houndsman as well as bird dog trainers often do, to keep their reputation as a trainer of ‘good’ dogs. Same with those who breed cow dogs and whatever else. I don’t like it, but I see the rational to do so. They’re just working dogs to some people. If they’re both working dogs and family pets for a person that’s awesome but not everyone sees them as pets.

Personally I don’t see it as anyone else’s business though unfortunately that isn’t the world of politics, public spotlight and voter rational that we live in.

Kristi Noem’s situation doesn’t fit into any of those categories

👍🏼

Originally Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Ms. Noem would be shocked to learn of...........the sheer quantity of bleeders on the Campfire.

FJB & FJT
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by duke61
Dogs that kill chickens, suck eggs, and bite people cannot be trained to not do those things.

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.
Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."
Hebrew Roots Judaizer
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Kristi Noem’s situation doesn’t fit into any of those categories

👍🏼

I’d agree with that though I kind of get the feeling she is (or was) a bird dog/pet kind of person. I could be wrong about that.

That wasn’t the point of my post however.

D
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
D
Originally Posted by memtb
He’s from NY, likely never been hunting or killed anything…..I’m not surprised with his response!

That doesn’t change the fact that was and will be again…..a great President! memtb
This should have been the last post on this, Yet we have seven pages because a great number of people can not distinguish between Humankind and livestock and openly admit it.

1 member likes this: Tyrone
B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
Originally Posted by rickt300
Both my Catahoulas

Did you raise them from pups? I have a Blackmouth/Catahoula. 20 weeks old at this point. I’d like to pick your brain if I could. Sending you a PM.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Have you heard this woman read this section of her book aloud? Holy schidt, the bitch is a psychopath.

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
I’m having a hard time keeping quiet about this, she says the dog killed live stock, but most of all it was a dog that would bite, and she had kids, yall are upset because it was a bird dog, so what, I have been around them all my life, you whip hell out of them when they lung or try to kill and live stock, if they do you have a very hard decision to make that stays with you the rest of your live. I would never pass a dog that kills or could hurt kids on down the road to someone else. I have seen men that hunt hogs kill a dog that doesn’t get in the fight , and I know bear and cat men do the same thing, you don’t feed a dog that brings all your dogs down, wasn’t very long ago a dog was a tool, and breeding men wanted no weakness , I think she did what she had to do in her mind at the time, and being someone that has had to put a dog down, I admire the hell out of her for having the strength to do it. I have had dogs my whole life , and love them tremendously , but in the country you do what has to be done .

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I saw where she canceled on Guttfeld and of course he had a field day with it.

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
Page 7 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

111 members (44mc, 1936M71, AlanF, admin, 7887mm08, 9 invisible), 2,171 guests, and 889 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,644
Posts18,533,702
Members74,041
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.