Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
R
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
R
Originally Posted by mark shubert
And not a word concerning triglycerides - where do they figure into the equation?

For triglycerides you need to eat Cheetos instead of Oreos.

GB1

rte Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Deans
I have a stupid question. Since cholesterol (LDL) is supposed to be bad which supposedly is responsible for the plaque in our arteries. How does one go about cleansing the arteries without surgery?
I had to help my wife and then I drove our nanny home since her car wouldn't start today.

Firstly LDL is not responsible for the plaque.Cholesterol combined with free radical damage within the lumen and the body's defensive reaction of shunting calcium to the injured area,creates the foundation for these occlusions.

There has been a cure for plaque accumulation,that's responsible for arterial occlusions,for more than 60 years.It's termed chemical endarterectomy,aka chelation therapy,using an agent called Ethylenediaminetetraacetic.

It removes the substances that are causing the occlusion [blockage] and excretes theses substances through the normal excretory processes,that is urination and defecation.It performs this removal over a period of time and is a true cure for atherosclerosis that is non invasive.

This therapy doesn't produce large revenue as opposed to percutaneous transluminal coronary angioplasty or coronary artery bypass grafting procedure.

It's a true cure and not a complex and expensive surgical intervention like the aforementioned procedures.

Communist Goals

26. Present homosexuality and degeneracy as normal.
27. Discredit the Bible.
28. Eliminate prayer in the schools.

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/news/1561529/posts
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Bubble gum cures warts and boomers that ate too much lead paint makes them believe in every crazy tinfoil hat conspiracy posted on the internet.

Which goes a long ways towards explaining things around here...... wink

"You cannot invade mainland America. There would be a rifle behind every blade of grass"
~Admiral Yamamoto~

When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty. ~Thomas Jefferson~
I
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
I
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

You've got to hand it to a blind prostitute
1 member likes this: NoDak
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Originally Posted by Crockettnj
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
Big Pharma is a pestilence!

Any comment on the topic of the article?

I didn’t see anything concerning the structure of the study. Multicenter, double blind, placebo controlled?

P

Obey lawful commands. Video interactions. Hold bad cops accountable. Problem solved.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

Member #547
Join date 3/09/2001
IC B2

rte Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by RHOD
Originally Posted by rte
Originally Posted by stevelyn
Why would anyone trust a Harvard "study" in this day and age?

Because this study runs contrary to prevailing consensus that LDL is the most prevalent contributor to heart disease.

It also criticizes big pharma for their relentless pursuit of profit placed above the health of their customers.
No, the study didn't address LDL and heart disease.
The study was to show that a when unique population of 'Lean Mass Hyper-Responders" go on a Ketogenic Diet some of them have their LDL levels go through the roof and that adding back in some carbohydrates can make it go back down, even more than taking statins would.
The take aways from this study are:
1. In general, It demonstrates a metabolic reaction that helps science better understand human physiology.
2. For and individual: If one goes on a Ketogenic diet and sees their LDL go through the roof, adding back some carbohydrates will likely lower them. If you're on an extreme Ketogenic diet and your LDL goes so high your doctor wants to treat you for it, maybe add a some carbohydrates and see if that drops them (try a sweet potato or something heathier than a half a package of Oreo cookies though

The study illustrated far more than you copied and pasted as your response.

I should have been more specific as the study and the article that I posted and to which I linked,does address this issue.There are also 16 other studies and articles to which the authors provided links.Did you read all of those as well? Maybe I didn't think some members would be so intentionally obtuse.

LINK 1

LINK 2

LINK 3

LINK 4

LINK 5

LINK 6

LINK 7

LINK 8

LINK 9

LINK 10

LINK 11

LINK 12

LINK 13

LINK 14

LINK 15

LINK 16

Communist Goals

26. Present homosexuality and degeneracy as normal.
27. Discredit the Bible.
28. Eliminate prayer in the schools.

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/news/1561529/posts
R
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
R
Originally Posted by rte
Originally Posted by rte
Originally Posted by stevelyn
Why would anyone trust a Harvard "study" in this day and age?

Because this study runs contrary to prevailing consensus that LDL is the most prevalent contributor to heart disease.

It also criticizes big pharma for their relentless pursuit of profit placed above the health of their customers.
No, the study didn't address LDL and heart disease.
The study was to show that a when unique population of 'Lean Mass Hyper-Responders" go on a Ketogenic Diet some of them have their LDL levels go through the roof and that adding back in some carbohydrates can make it go back down, even more than taking statins would.
The take aways from this study are:
1. In general, It demonstrates a metabolic reaction that helps science better understand human physiology.
2. For and individual: If one goes on a Ketogenic diet and sees their LDL go through the roof, adding back some carbohydrates will likely lower them. If you're on an extreme Ketogenic diet and your LDL goes so high your doctor wants to treat you for it, maybe add a some carbohydrates and see if that drops them (try a sweet potato or something heathier than a half a package of Oreo cookies though

The study illustrated far more than you copied and pasted as your response.

I should have been more specific as the study and the article that I posted and to which I linked,does address this issue.There are also 16 other studies and articles to which the authors provided links.Did you read all of those as well? Maybe I didn't think some members would be so intentionally obtuse.

LINK 1

LINK 2

LINK 3

LINK 4

LINK 5

LINK 6

LINK 7

LINK 8

LINK 9

LINK 10

LINK 11

LINK 12

LINK 13

LINK 14

LINK 15

LINK 16

Wow! You’re accusing me of copy and pasting. You really are a total moron.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by AKCHOPPER
Originally Posted by TimberRunner
90% of the 24hcf believes that consuming saturated fats kills you, so you are living on the edge with this post.

Saturated fat does NOT increase heart disease. ?
start watching some you tube videos...
Sten Ekberg
Dr. Boz
Dr. Ken Berry

You will learn that practically all the "old man" diseases are caused by carbs and sugar. Insulin Resistance.
Go to a keto diet, no carbs or sugar. Eat meat fats, you will lose belly fat. Eat sugar with it, you will get much worse.
fats do not cause high cholesterol, sugar and carbs do. No "vegetable oil".
Statins are body health killers.

I'm doing keto.....
1. Was 271 pounds and Blood sugar was 140 while on 1mg Ozempic.
2. Now, I'm 216 pounds, normal blood sugar and no diabetes meds.
3. My cholesterol is very good, both hdl and ldl even though i eat much fat.

E
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
E
Tag

My heart's in the mountains, my heart is not here.
My heart's in the mountains, chasing the deer.
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Crockettnj
Big Pharma is a pestilence!

Any comment on the topic of the article?

I didn’t see anything concerning the structure of the study. Multicenter, double blind, placebo controlled?

P

Dr Mercola

lol

IC B3

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Originally Posted by mark shubert
And not a word concerning triglycerides - where do they figure into the equation?

For triglycerides you need to eat Cheetos instead of Oreos.

You have to understand the context of that study. Its not saying that Oreos are a health food.

"Men must be governed by God or they will be ruled by tyrants". --- William Penn

W
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
W
When they put in my heart stent, they did not feed me Oreos.

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
P
Campfire Member
Online Content
Campfire Member
P
And let us not forget , fried eggs will kill you quick.... Joe

Doing the right thing is not always the easiest thing. It still needs doing..
L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
This is the actual abstract from the study:

Recent research has identified a unique population of ‘Lean Mass Hyper-Responders’ (LMHR) who exhibit increases in LDL cholesterol (LDL-C) in response to carbohydrate-restricted diets to levels ≥ 200 mg/dL, in association with HDL cholesterol ≥ 80 mg/dL and triglycerides ≤ 70 mg/dL. This triad of markers occurs primarily in lean metabolically healthy subjects, with the magnitude of increase in LDL-C inversely associated with body mass index. The lipid energy model has been proposed as one explanation for LMHR phenotype and posits that there is increased export and subsequent turnover of VLDL to LDL particles to meet systemic energy needs in the setting of hepatic glycogen depletion and low body fat. This single subject crossover experiment aimed to test the hypothesis that adding carbohydrates, in the form of Oreo cookies, to an LMHR subject on a ketogenic diet would reduce LDL-C levels by a similar, or greater, magnitude than high-intensity statin therapy. The study was designed as follows: after a 2-week run-in period on a standardized ketogenic diet, study arm 1 consisted of supplementation with 12 regular Oreo cookies, providing 100 g/d of additional carbohydrates for 16 days. Throughout this arm, ketosis was monitored and maintained at levels similar to the subject’s standard ketogenic diet using supplemental exogenous d-β-hydroxybutyrate supplementation four times daily. Following the discontinuation of Oreo supplementation, the subject maintained a stable ketogenic diet for 3 months and documented a return to baseline weight and hypercholesterolemic status. During study arm 2, the subject received rosuvastatin 20 mg daily for 6 weeks. Lipid panels were drawn water-only fasted and weekly throughout the study. Baseline LDL-C was 384 mg/dL and reduced to 111 mg/dL (71% reduction) after Oreo supplementation. Following the washout period, LDL-C returned to 421 mg/dL, and was reduced to a nadir of 284 mg/dL with 20 mg rosuvastatin therapy (32.5% reduction). In conclusion, in this case study experiment, short-term Oreo supplementation lowered LDL-C more than 6 weeks of high-intensity statin therapy in an LMHR subject on a ketogenic diet. This dramatic metabolic demonstration, consistent with the lipid energy model, should provoke further research and not be seen as health advice.

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Single subject.

One dude.

Laughable.

P

Obey lawful commands. Video interactions. Hold bad cops accountable. Problem solved.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

Member #547
Join date 3/09/2001
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I am pleasantly surprised that there is so much up to date diet health awareness on a hunting website.

The doctor who lives next door said, "I don't eat shrimp because of the cholesterol."

My doctor had to give me a physical so I could get an eye operation. He wrote about me, "2. Hyperlipidemia E78.5 LDL 210 but he doesn't believe in cholesterol medication and declines. He eats a nearly all meat diet belving that is the healthiest option."

There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self. -Ernest Hemingway
The man who makes no mistakes does not usually make anything.-- Edward John Phelps
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by Clarkm
I am pleasantly surprised that there is so much up to date diet health awareness on a hunting website.

The doctor who lives next door said, "I don't eat shrimp because of the cholesterol."

My doctor had to give me a physical so I could get an eye operation. He wrote about me, "2. Hyperlipidemia E78.5 LDL 210 but he doesn't believe in cholesterol medication and declines. He eats a nearly all meat diet belving that is the healthiest option."
Doctors are only trained to prescribe medications and cannot advise or treat outside a set standard without risking liability or even having license revoked. Guess who sets the standard of care.

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
[quote[/b][b]=RHClark]
Originally Posted by Clarkm

Doctors are only trained to prescribe medications and cannot advise or treat outside a set standard without risking liability or even having license revoked. Guess who sets the standard of care.[/quote]

Big Pharma?

P

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

Member #547
Join date 3/09/2001
R
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
R
Single subject.

One dude.

Laughable.

P

it is what it is. A case study to demonstrate a metabolic phenomenon in people with a certain phenotype on low carb diets when they add back in some carbs.

Trouble is, that is all it is. But, people being the way they are, take it and turn it into something it is not.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
I'm going to live forever !!

kwg

For liberals and anarchists, power and control is opium, selling envy is the fastest and easiest way to get it. TRR. American conservative. Never trust a white liberal. Malcom X Current NRA member.
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

599 members (1badf350, 222ND, 219DW, 06hunter59, 17CalFan, 12344mag, 71 invisible), 2,995 guests, and 1,274 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,681
Posts18,534,291
Members74,041
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.