Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
BC30cal Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Fellow 'Fire Folks who mess with stocks;
Top of the morning, I trust all is well whenever and wherever you're reading this.

This is just a report of an initial transaction with a new to me firm - Wood Carver's Supply - out of Engelwood, FL.

It had been at least a decade since I'd checkered anything more than some small additions or touch ups and when I saw a checkering layout tool on a YouTube video, decided it might be helpful to keep the lines straight and the diamonds the correct shape.

I found one at the above mentioned purveyor of such goods and ordered it forthwith.

Not only did they promptly reply via email, a nice young fellow called my cell to confirm the additional costs to get the envelope across the medicine line to the wilds of south central BC where we live.

Then after confirming with a new total on shipping cost, they also emailed when it shipped.

One of the communications also mentioned they have checkering tools.

Anyways all in all it was a perfect transaction and the checkering guage arrived here yesterday which was less than 2 weeks from order date.

Hope that's useful to someone out there who is a hobby woodworker like myself.

All the best.

Dwayne

The most important stuff in life isn't "stuff"

GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
BC30cal:

Thanks for the heads up. Recently worked up a stock from a board for a 6.5 Sweed and the next steps will be a carving experiment, probably next winter, followed by some final bluing. I'll farm out the bluing though. Still carrying the original barrel from about 1908, and with my initial loads it's literally a tack driver. My original intention was for it to be a truck gun, but it's going into the safe when finished.

After the final band saw trimming.
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Will give them a look in the near future. Here's a Link 2 Wood Carvers

Might quiz you a bit for hints when the time comes, and do chime in with an assessment on the tools after some use.
Given my slow pace, I'm glad I don't do such for a living though. Thanks again,

Last edited by 1minute; 05/09/24.

1Minute

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

645 members (160user, 1234, 10gaugemag, 10ring1, 19rabbit52, 06hunter59, 75 invisible), 3,539 guests, and 1,189 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,634
Posts18,533,297
Members74,041
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.