Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by K1500
Originally Posted by hardway
Alright, call me gay but I bought one of these. Pretty damn nice for summertime carry (gym shorts and t shirt) of a G19. After trying all kinds of dumb chit over the years for this specific style of carry I think it’s a keeper.

The back compartment has a hook n loop type material with an elastic type strap to hold gun in place but it’s not needed with a g19 and the regular size bag. Pretty lightweight but feels very secure and also allows a separate competition for an extra mag and some nicnacks.

With the big zipper pull tabs and making sure you orient them on the correct side you can get a pretty reasonable draw. I’m happy.

What size did you get and how much room is left (for say a G17 or G20)?

Those are guns for people who nobody likes or have jobs which make them unpopular. Most will carry G42/G43, bubcompact SiG, j-frame,.... carrying large handguns for regular Joes or Janes makes no sense. Almost like carrying small anchor whole not boating.
Bigger guns make sense for wilderness carry, but then OWB holsters are usually used.
I have large short-barreled revolver which i carry in nylon holster for camping because we have wild boar and moose in the woods

GB1

hardway Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Alright, call me gay but I bought one of these. Pretty damn nice for summertime carry (gym shorts and t shirt) of a G19. After trying all kinds of dumb chit over the years for this specific style of carry I think it’s a keeper.

The back compartment has a hook n loop type material with an elastic type strap to hold gun in place but it’s not needed with a g19 and the regular size bag. Pretty lightweight but feels very secure and also allows a separate competition for an extra mag and some nicnacks.

With the big zipper pull tabs and making sure you orient them on the correct side you can get a pretty reasonable draw. I’m happy.

If I was getting one for a 17/20 I would get the XL version….. it would fit in the regular but it would be very tight and not look natural

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

Sorry to say I got one too. Haven't used it yet but it's here.

Probably never will use it, bought a belly band from WTP for those days I want to wear shorts and a T shirt

M
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
M
Originally Posted by Dillonbuck
Isit comfortable with skinny jeans?

And $400 "work" boots that will never, ever, get dirty?
😁

I have known a good number of guys who have used "fanny packs" that never wore skinny jeans that I knew of. Former Deltas and a BUNCH of Scout Snipers, as they used the front pouches operationally right below their armor to hold various items that were essential to them. When they were not in full kit, the same guys tended to still wear the bags as they were used to wearing them.

Also knew a lot of guys who used them on various assignments where suit coats or being too dressed up would be out of place and they still had to carry some gear. I used a bag where not much else would have worked and I had to be dressed in a certain manner. Still have a couple bags. One has been re-purposed to carry a camera, but the other carries a Glock 19, a spare mag and whatever else I may need. I am not too concerned about if it is in fashion or not. Plus it works very well for traveling, as it is somewhat discreet to have it all in a bag and with me.

THE CHAIR IS AGAINST THE WALL.

The Tikka T3 in .308 Winchester is the Glock 19 of the rifle world.

The website is up and running!

www.lostriverammocompany.com

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Fanny packs always seem to be in the way and pull my pants down.

I have a Vanish holster and it’s really comfortable and flexible about how it’s worn.

What fresh Hell is this?
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Kenlguy
I stood beside a guy in Costco, an older grey haired gentleman, who had a sling bag ,or murse. I nodded toward it and asked him if he carried anything special in it.
He just smiled a little and said yeah.

I have one of those I use for light packing while hunting, but I wouldn’t choose one to carry a gun. Gun needs to be on me, not in a bag….

What fresh Hell is this?
S
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
S
The best investment is some steel/plates and a timer.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Mackay,
He said call him gay.

I did.

DGAS how a guy carries his gun, or if he is gay.
Just busting balls, trying a shot at humor.

Parents who say they have good kids..Usually don't!
hardway Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Dillonbuck
Mackay,
He said call him gay.

I did.

DGAS how a guy carries his gun, or if he is gay.
Just busting balls, trying a shot at humor.

I did ask for it, no offense taken 😂

M
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
M
OK you two....

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

If I was getting one for a 17/20 I would get the XL version….. it would fit in the regular but it would be very tight and not look natural

Thanks, XL is inbound. It will fill a specific niche for me.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Pappy348
[quote=Kenlguy]I have one of those I use for light packing while hunting, but I wouldn’t choose one to carry a gun. Gun needs to be on me, not in a bag….

I mostly agree with you, but sometimes, when I have summer clothes on that aren't really conducive to concealment, I will carry either my G27 or G29 and two spare mags in a camara case in which those items fit perfectly, which is very quick to unzip with one hand, and which, at least to me, doesn't look anything like a concealment method.

L
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
L
Originally Posted by Slavek
I have large short-barreled revolver which i carry in nylon holster for camping because we have wild boar and moose in the woods

Where do you live where there a wild boar as well as moose in the same woods?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Slavovakia?

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Modern US issue attachable rain jacket pouch zippered. Great for field/woods.

Don't ask me about my military service or heroic acts...most of it is untrue.

Pronoun: Yes, SIR !
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Michigan...?

Don't ask me about my military service or heroic acts...most of it is untrue.

Pronoun: Yes, SIR !
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by huntsman22
Slavovakia?

Some commie schithole, for sure.

#dumfuk.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
M
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
M
Guys,

Slavek is Maser. Aka Cardenas.

He does not own guns, he is a mentally ill individual who pretends to own guns, and gets his knowledge from Wiki and google as well as gun forums. He enjoys making inflammatory and contradictory statements to get people riled up. He just generally says dumb stuff so he gets a response. That is how he gets his jollies. That and wearing diapers.

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Most people do not care to check, but Eberlestock brand like Hill People "screams" gun inside. "Square Heads" usually pick: Ken Cole, Patagonia, The North Face,....

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

635 members (160user, 10ring1, 19rabbit52, 06hunter59, 10gaugemag, 12344mag, 76 invisible), 3,224 guests, and 1,154 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,630
Posts18,533,199
Members74,041
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.