-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
They just don't care, customer service has gone to s**t last 20 years. It's best to ship rifles disassembled, barreled action in one package and stock in another and wrapped the heck out of it.

GB1

K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
Compliments of FedX
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

M
Campfire Member
Online Content
Campfire Member
M
Oh that's so bad.

H
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
H
Obviously you didn't pack it right or put it in a case like normal people. It's on you...that just doesn't happen, and i ship a lot of guns.

Everybody has the right to a wrong opinion.
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
That sucks. Been there so I know what it feels like. UPS and USPS. Haven't had anything broken by FedEx yet and I use them exclusively now, but I'm sure there are plenty of people who swear at them too. I have one I bought here that will be coming UPS, praying that it's packed well in a hard case at minimum. UPS, for me, definitely has damaged the most stuff for me, and not just long guns.

I collect expensive hobbies.
IC B2

R
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by Hess
Obviously you didn't pack it right or put it in a case like normal people. It's on you...that just doesn't happen, and i ship a lot of guns.

rifle came into the shop from Gulf States Dist.
they put it in a soft case inside a large carboard box with zero other packing materials.
To say im pissed is an understatement.
The rifle was supposed to be for one of my employees.
when we ship we use hard cases.

TRUMP- GABBARD 2024
G
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
G
I have had a couple claims with FedEx. I shipped a Winchester to Alaska that cost $140 with insurance. It got lost and I tracked it all over the US for a month. Finally a representative called me and said he was sorry and he would send me a check. Five days later got the check. I ask the man what if the gun comes back. He said you'll never see it. The next day the gun came back unharmed. Shipped the next day USPS and got there in four days. I also shipped a Weatherby to Texas in a plastic hard case. When gun got to dealer stock was broken in half. They also paid that claim too

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Originally Posted by ringworm

they put it in a soft case inside a large carboard box with zero other packing materials.

then, maybe the title should have read:

"Thanks Seller Fkin Goon"

It's not that Liberals are unwilling to listen to another point of view, they are just simply amazed that another one exists.
J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
I had two in the same hard case grow legs and walk off at one of their warehouses from a deal here with UPS. Luckily they were insured but it took 120+ days and a request for an address for their legal department to get them to pay me. The cherry on top was they shorted me the shipping fees saying they did their part. I haven’t used them since.

R
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by mtnfisher
Originally Posted by ringworm

then, maybe the title should have read:

"Thanks Seller Fkin Goon"

the blame is on UPS. regardless of the title.

TRUMP- GABBARD 2024
IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Why the Fudge would someone send a gun without any kind of pkg padding...does noone remember how you get a rifle in a case?, it has Styrofoam...without the bolt in the action. Yeah [bleep] geta broken in transit, but it doesn't help when the fkn idiot shipping doesn't do his part to ensure the rifles proper care from the get go..

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by Ky221
Improper packaging.

Guessing you've seen the inside of a ups hub and how it operates?

+1, not what the OP or shipper is wanting to hear but the truth hurts.

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
The leftist retards have declared war on gun owners, or is no one paying attention, thinking it's just accidental? Get real.

Did mommas new toaster oven get demolished in shipping? No. Nor does almost nothing else, but guns, oh yeah, take a number, you gettin broke. And how.

LOL
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Ah geez. That sucks. I don’t get why all parcels by all carriers are treated like they are dodgeballs.

Hopefully it was insured?

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Never seen anything like that! I don’t think I could do that to that stock on purpose; not without the help of my truck. I tried to sell a 13 round mag on EBAY. They flagged me and scrapped my ad; saying that they limit mags to 10 rounds in line with Kalifornia rules. They did the same thing for brass and bullets I posted. I asked why, after all this was not loaded ammunition or gunpowder. Of course no answer. It’s a fricken war on the gun community. We need to stop supporting these people. They will change their tune when the money dries up.

Last edited by Braindead; 05/10/24.
S
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
S
The real problem is finding a replacement stock. Good luck and sorry.

D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
I have found that items insured through UPS for $1K or more are handled differently. More care is taken and the packages are secured in safer places when transiting overnight.

Anyone else have any similar or different experience with >$1K insurance?

Medics bury their mistakes..
S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
Conveyor does not explain the tire marks on a 35 whelen or the marks left by the post another rifle was slammed against. In both cases the seller took care of me, but I pity them having to deal with UPS. They also lost a knife in the distribution center; it has never been found.

Show class, have pride, and display character. If you do, winning will take care of itself.
Coach Bryant.
jar Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by alwaysoutdoors
So both UPS and USPS are capable of breaking stocks. USPS broke one I shipped. Anyone had FedEx break a stock?
YES ! they broke a like new in the box ruger rl in 308 into 2 pieces. uggghg

teach your children well , ride hard, shoot straight, be involved!
L
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
L
They[UPS] broke a unbreakable nylon 10c stock right in half under the rear sight, said it wasn't packaged correctly, and two magazines in the box came up missing. fought long and hard to get $112 for a gun I had sold for $375 shipped.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

591 members (06hunter59, 17CalFan, 12344mag, 1lessdog, 1beaver_shooter, 160user, 63 invisible), 3,065 guests, and 1,253 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,674
Posts18,534,209
Members74,041
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.