S
Strop10 Online Content OP
Campfire Regular
OP Online Content
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by earlybrd
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

So why do you support the dea agent negligently killing someone and suffering no consequences?

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by Strop10

So why do you support the dea agent negligently killing someone and suffering no consequences?

If they were a drug addict, I personally would have ZERO issues with that, whatsoever.

They'll just end up killing them selves with an overdose, and may end up taking someone with them.

If they want to risk death, to just get high? Let them knock themselves out.

Addendum:

Just read the article.... this happened up in Salem here in Oregon. I Doubled down on what I've posted above.

If she was high and got hit, ashes to ashes... dust to dust. At 53 she should know better. But they favor drug addicts in Oregon courts over people who aren't drug addicts. If I was riding a bike and I'm not a drug user, but I got hit by a drug addict who was high, I'd bet 10 to 1 He'd WALK, and they would consider it as my TuffSchidtt.

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

S
Strop10 Online Content OP
Campfire Regular
OP Online Content
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by Seafire

If they were a drug addict, I personally would have ZERO issues with that, whatsoever.

They'll just end up killing them selves with an overdose, and may end up taking someone with them.

Addendum:

Just read the article.... this happened up in Salem here in Oregon. I Doubled down on what I've posted above.

If she was high and got hit, ashes to ashes... dust to dust. At 53 she should know better. But they favor drug addicts in Oregon courts over people who aren't drug addicts. If I was riding a bike and I'm not a drug user, but I got hit by a drug addict who was high, I'd bet 10 to 1 He'd WALK, and they would consider it as my TuffSchidtt.

She wasn't doing anything wrong, the dea agent was negligent.

IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Some of you guys have problems with reading comprehension. She was not high, the agent was supposedly surveilling a fentanyl dealer in the area, ran a stop sign and hit her. That is inexcusable.

K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
^^^^^^^
Nuff said

Kenneth

O
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
O
The agent had fallen behind several other DEA vehicles on surveillance pursuit and instead of calling for location updates etc., he initiated a high-speed, no alarms-no lights chase to catch up. By his own admission he went through red lights and stop signs without slowing or stopping, and finally hit a 53-year old woman riding her bike home from work. She had nothing to do with the drug case - just an innocent bystander of sorts. Pretty tragic from any perspective and definitely not humorous.

Last edited by Offshoreman; 05/10/24.

AKA The P-Man smile

If you cherish your memories with kids, be a good role model . . . . so the RIGHT memories of you mean something to them.
1 member likes this: Strop10
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A

Addendum:

If she was high and got hit, ashes to ashes... dust to dust. At 53 she should know better.

You read the article, yet still posted the addendum? Do you wish for us to question your ability to read; or comprehend?

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I'd love to hear Paul's response...

"Social order at the expense of Liberty is hardly a bargain” de Sade
"He who'll not reason is a Bigot, he who cannot is a Fool, and he who dares not is a Slave."SirWilliamDrummond
IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

Addendum:

quoting for posterity...

earlybrd & Seafire are dancing on the grave of an innocent woman.

"He who'll not reason is a Bigot, he who cannot is a Fool, and he who dares not is a Slave."SirWilliamDrummond
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by BALLISTIK

Addendum:

quoting for posterity...

what ever.. If I was wrong then so I was wrong.. from what I read that is how I saw it. I have no patience with the tolerance for drug use in this state.

You guys complaining on my response don't live in this state, but I do. So I see this in a bigger picture than you do, if nothing else but experience.

If I am wrong, the world has my apology. But none of you guys know if she was an innocent woman or not.

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
But none of you guys know if she was an innocent woman or not.

“Prosecutors say Landis acknowledged he ran a stop sign at High and Leslie streets SE and had no lights or siren on when he hit Marganne Allen while she was riding her bike home from work on March 28, 2023.

Allen, 53, died at nearby Salem Health hospital”

I’ll go out on a limb here and say that since legal is attempting a QI defense, they haven’t been able to come up with anything to charge her with.

L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L

Addendum:

quoting for posterity...

what ever.. If I was wrong then so I was wrong.. from what I read that is how I saw it. I have no patience with the tolerance for drug use in this state.

You guys complaining on my response don't live in this state, but I do. So I see this in a bigger picture than you do, if nothing else but experience.

If I am wrong, the world has my apology. But none of you guys know if she was an innocent woman or not.

She was innocent. She was not charged and proven guilty of any crime in this instance. That is in our Constitution.

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Naw, she looks like a druggy. And she was on a bike.

Guilty!!!

https://www.kplctv.com/video/2023/0...cyclist-videos-reveal-new-details-crash/

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

Addendum:

quoting for posterity...

This retard's vote counts the same as mine...

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Dude, the article even states she had nothing to do with the surveillance.....Comprende?

Addendum:

quoting for posterity...

Dude, the article even states she had nothing to do with the surveillance.....Comprende?

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
LE can legally violate traffic law in the performance of their duties but just like the fire truck is legally liable for blowing through a stop sign and hitting a car legally entering the intersection this agent is legally liable for running over someone legally entering the intersection in question.

Sounds to me more like a civil case for damages instead of criminal.

And it illustrates the stupidity of bicycle riding on roads used by motor vehicles. Take a watch on youtube of Dr. McGuff's 12 black swans to avoid.

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.
Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."
Hebrew Roots Judaizer
S
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
S
It is bizarre that he may not face charges. I say lock him up.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Hastings
LE can legally violate traffic law in the performance of their duties but just like the fire truck is legally liable for blowing through a stop sign and hitting a car legally entering the intersection this agent is legally liable for running over someone legally entering the intersection in question.

Sounds to me more like a civil case for damages instead of criminal.

And it illustrates the stupidity of bicycle riding on roads used by motor vehicles. Take a watch on youtube of Dr. McGuff's 12 black swans to avoid.

Whar if a Domino's driver ran the stop sign to be on time?
Or a truck driver, UPS guy, parts runner, how about someone hauling a heart for transplant?

Would they be charged? Criminally?
A cop on duty is no damn different than them.
Unless he is. On a mission with imminent life or death factors.

The 4th car, in a surveillance team that's not going to do anything real that day.
He isn't much different than one going for coffee and donuts. At least not in the realm of breaking laws and putting everyone at risk.

And we know a cop on a lunch run wouldn't break the speed limits or run stop signs.
After all, he punishes citizens for doing those things.
In the name of safety.

And we get to what gets me really wound up in shooting cases.

We have someone who everyone should at least agree used very poor decision making. Then performed very subpar.

I'll bet that just like in a few of those shootings where it's obvious the cop performed poorly. But (sometimes at that moment) the shooting was understandable.

They never seem to say,
"Officer. At that particular moment, shooting was a logical response. You will not be charged. However! It's also apparent that you handled the situation very poorly. That your performance led to the situation in which the shooting occurred. In light of all of this, it's been determined that you can not be a cop in our jurisdiction. And we would suggest you find a new career field."

Which is exactly how civilian HR would treat anyone who fudged up.
For things much smaller than a death.
A truck driver, backing into a very bad delivery, breaks a $1000 mirror,
is going to be punished.
Punishment will result in a permanent ding on his record. Likely forfeit a bonus.
The dings add up, and after a couple he is unemployed.

Last edited by Dillonbuck; 05/11/24.

Parents who say they have good kids..Usually don't!
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

517 members (22250rem, 06hunter59, 1234, 17CalFan, 10gaugeman, 160user, 55 invisible), 4,334 guests, and 1,331 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,701
Posts18,534,699
Members74,041
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.