Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Love this song. Woke up this morning, and for some reason it kept playing in my head.
Wake Up Little Susie
But seriously, what’s the longest you’ve ever slept in an automobile?😀
I done it several times. Trying for a good sleep? Good freaking luck!😀
Even with bench seats and a pillow and blanket, best I can recall is 4 hrs without waking up and looking at the clock!😟
Susie was to be home by 10. He wakes up at 4am! By th of them were asleep over 6 hours!’
Good song, one of my favorites. I must be a light sleeper, though.😀
Reon

"Preserving the Constitution, fighting off the nibblers and chippers, even nibblers and chippers with good intentions, was once regarded by conservatives as the first duty of the citizen. It still is." � Wesley Pruden

GB1

W
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
W
No argument from me.

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Like just about everything they recorded.

W
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
W
We saw the Everly Brothers in Carroll, Iowa

W
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
W
Marines if I remember.

IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Slept in cars a lot, bum rushing camp grounds better than sleeping along Ted Bundy highway.

Crash 3-4 hours beat out

Walmart allows it

Slept in a kansas and idaho hospital parking lots. No one will bother you. Ain’t paying $175 for a hotel room when I dont get there in town till 2-3 am. Just crash in a parking lot

Only thing might give ya away is the 100 ft streams of piss across the pavement 🤜💒

1 member likes this: Dumdum
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I had 2 different station wagons as a teen, a mattress in the back of a 55 Chevy wagon then have always had a pickup except for about 6 months since I was about 21.
I have no idea how many hundreds of hours I have slept in a vehicle, fishing or hunting, and just general usage.
I have done the Wake Up Little Girl the movie is over at the drive-in just like the song,,, good times

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Best from the best:

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
slept in the truck alot in the oilfield, and down the island fishing.

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
Wife and I went to the drag races at Searspoint raceway about 15 years ago. Races were over about 10 PM and by the time we got to our car it was like 5 PM on an LA Freeway, I told her let's just lean the seats back and give it a half hour or so. When I woke up it was 2 AM and we were the only car in the parking lot, LMAO. It was the most peaceful drive home ever.

Last edited by Dons99; 05/10/24.

"Drop that or by the splendor of God I will blow your heart out." Kit Carson

"Make sure you are doing what God wants you to do then do it with all your strength." George Washington
IC B3

H
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
H
Still do it pretty often- - - - -the handicap-access van I bought recently has a big open area between the front seats and the back, and a full width back seat just right for a sleeping bag. I'll be on the road for 3-4 days next week, picking up machine tools in Indiana, and antique truck engines in Illinois. Then it's off to Texas in a couple of weeks for more engines. Towing a big trailer all the way and heading home with 3-4 tons of antique scrap iron.

Ignorance can be fixed. Stupid is forever!
1 member likes this: slumlord
T
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
T
I always sleep in my truck at a rest area or pull out on a dirt road. Never pay for hotels. I’m a cheap bastard.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

3-7-77
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Ha yeah right little Susie wasn't sleepin,

"Maybe we're all happy."

"Go to the sporting goods store. From the files, obtain form 4473. These will contain descriptions of weapons and lists of private ownership."
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Dons99
Wife and I went to the drag races at Searspoint raceway about 15 years ago. Races were over about 10 PM and by the time we got to our car it was like 5 PM on an LA Freeway, I told her let's just lean the seats back and give it a half hour or so. When I woke up it was 2 AM and we were the only car in the parking lot, LMAO. It was the most peaceful drive home ever.
lol
That happened to me at a Queenryche show

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
I spent my career working far from towns. I spent most of a year sleeping in a "Detroit Motel". Still have to spend several nights a year in one. I sure miss bench seats.

D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
I’ve pulled over in rest areas and truck stops and slept for 4-5 hours on hunting trips, many times. It made no sense to lug all my hunting gear in to a hotel, pay $100 for a room, then lug all my stuff back to my truck 4-5 hours later.
I’m 6’2” so a bench seat doesn’t help. I recline the drivers seat and snooze.

NRA Patron
N
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
N
Originally Posted by 7mmbuster
Love this song. Woke up this morning, and for some reason it kept playing in my head.
Wake Up Little Susie
But seriously, what’s the longest you’ve ever slept in an automobile?😀
I done it several times. Trying for a good sleep? Good freaking luck!😀
Even with bench seats and a pillow and blanket, best I can recall is 4 hrs without waking up and looking at the clock!😟
Susie was to be home by 10. He wakes up at 4am! By th of them were asleep over 6 hours!’
Good song, one of my favorites. I must be a light sleeper, though.😀
Reon

Is your name Susie? 😁

NRA Life,Endowment,Patron or Benefactor since '72.
J
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by slumlord
Slept in cars a lot, bum rushing camp grounds better than sleeping along Ted Bundy highway.

Crash 3-4 hours beat out

Walmart allows it

Slept in a kansas and idaho hospital parking lots. No one will bother you. Ain’t paying $175 for a hotel room when I dont get there in town till 2-3 am. Just crash in a parking lot

Only thing might give ya away is the 100 ft streams of piss across the pavement 🤜💒

Hahaha, TFF

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Spent many a night in the back seat of a car ,not sleeping.

Its all right to be white!!
Stupidity left unattended will run rampant
Don't argue with stupid people, They will drag you down to their level and then win by experience
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
I think everyone around here knows my right name!😀
But seriously, if my daughter Or even Ben for that matter, had told we they fell asleep in a drive in for 6 hours, getting home after 4 am, I would never buy it!😀 Would you as a parent?😳
I was 17, on my way home one night, and ran out of gas! No cell phones, no pay phones handy. It was late, so I got off the road and took a snooze until daylight. Then I walked to a station and borrowed a can and got a few gallons and walked back to the car.
I got home around 7 Sunday morning, and got the 3rd degree from Mom and Dad.
Luckily I was a fairly good kid, and Mom and Dad trusted me.
Dave was somewhat of hellion in his teens, but I got a lot more slack because I knew how to behave myself most of the time.
The Old Man caught me out at P-ville one night at the races. I wasn’t driving my Monte Carlo. It was parked and I was drinking some beer. I was 18.
I got particular hell for that, but I didn’t lose my keys because I was trusted.
“I’m not gonna tell you not to drink, because I know better. I was young once too. Don’t be driving if you are, and please stay away from dope! And if I catch you racing that bigblock hammer, I’ll pull it out and put in a 305!”
That was the speech I got from Dad when I finally got that car on the road. I drank a little beer, never smoked weed, and kept the racing to a minimum. The few times I did, we’d go outta town, because everyone bought parts from our salvage!😀 I had worked fixing that thing from a wreck because I wanted that big motor and that throaty sounding exhaust! That car was my Baby, and I still miss it!😟
But I was trusted for having decent judgement, and never really got hell unless I had crossed the line!😀

Last edited by 7mmbuster; 05/11/24.

"Preserving the Constitution, fighting off the nibblers and chippers, even nibblers and chippers with good intentions, was once regarded by conservatives as the first duty of the citizen. It still is." � Wesley Pruden

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

279 members (257_X_50, 2ndwind, 10gaugemag, 17CalFan, 29aholic, 1Longbow, 36 invisible), 3,070 guests, and 995 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,641
Posts18,533,619
Members74,041
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.