Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
R
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
R
There is good and bad in union and non-union. the problem is you can't [bleep] can the bad union guys.

I was working the the world trade center for 8 years, Not only union but port authority approved union.

My company hires a different electrician firm after the contract is up, low and behold the same two dip [bleep] show up.
We used to run terminal cables after hours, in 2 hrs we did the work of their 8 hr shift.
The two dip [bleep] didn't report us because it looked like they did the work.

GB1

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Simple link to article would have been enough

Sam......

J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
Originally Posted by Mannlicher
Simple link to article would have been enough

Hahahaha!

No kidding.

The Union guys know its bullshit...that's why they are so verbose.

I am MAGA.
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Unions support Democrats as does just about all of corporate America. They both support Democrat causes. Global corporation executives favor share holders in order to maximize their own bonuses. They also love azz kissers lazy or not.

They’re isn’t much difference between the two but overall the average worker that shows up to work on time, leaves, on time and gives an honest days work without kissing azz usually does better as part of a union IMO. The ones with a PhD in following the boss around usually do best in non union work. That the hardest workers get promoted or that unions make the average worker better is a myth either way.

The corporation doesn’t give a damn about the worker. Unions wrapping themselves in the American flag are also BS.

I don’t like conglomerates or unions but the typical worker that works hard and hates playing politics or kissing azz usually does better in a union IMO. I’ve worked both. Been nonunion for about 10 years. There’s also a huge difference between unions. The UAW has too much power. The IBEW at my local had very little. Pay was a lot better with the IBEW but it was offset by more travel, zero vacation days or sick days and no paid holidays. “You take off what you can afford to take off.” Not at all what most people think of when they think unions.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Only companies that deserve a union.
Get one.

dave

[Linked Image]

Only accurate rifles are interesting.
IC B2

E
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E
K.huntz you evr find ur cheese hat?

B
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by add
Originally Posted by BuzzH
Good to see....membership in federal unions is growing as well.

That's because .gov fed is growing.

Dipchit

Wrong, more and more agency departments are organizing. The number of dues paying members are also increasing dramatically.

Good stuff sells itself.

E
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E
Originally Posted by add
Good to see....membership in federal unions is growing as well.

That's because .gov fed is growing.

Dipchit

Wrong, more and more agency departments are organizing. The number of dues paying members are also increasing dramatically.

Good stuff sells itself.
^^🤡🤡🤡^^

H
Huntz Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by MAC
Originally Posted by Huntz
Originally Posted by MAC
Originally Posted by Huntz
Originally Posted by MAC
To the OP:

Since when is Road and Track a news outlet? Yeah, I looked up the source: https://www.roadandtrack.com/news/a60551262/car-factories-south-turning-union/
Is their article wrong ? Kudos to you for being able to look something up on the net . crazy

Yes it is wrong. The rosters of union workers in this nation have been plummeting with the exception of govt unions. An article written by a guy that used to manage rock bands that nobody ever heard of is nor what I would consider a valid source not would I consider Road and Track to be a valid news source. But since you are defending it I am going to opine that you are one of those worthless union hacks that cannot get a job on your own merit.

Prove me wrong.

Well besides being a dumb fugg , you are wrong . I only posted what I thought to be of interest . Too bad you are so narrow minded that you have to read things into what others post .Sure sign of low intelligence .

Nope. I am correct. You are a moron that cannot get advanced on merit. I told you why it is wrong and you give nothing to refute it. An article written by a nobody in a nothing publication and and you take it as gospel. This is typical of union hacks. And your rather inane attempt at defensiveness shows I struck a nerve. Time to grow up Child.

See you are living proof of this statement by another poster .
Huntz,
You aren't going to find very many people smart enough or intellectually honest
enough to have a decent discussion on this topic.
You also seem to have anger issues . Tell your Doc at The VA ,he can help you out.

Its all right to be white!!
Stupidity left unattended will run rampant
Don't argue with stupid people, They will drag you down to their level and then win by experience
H
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
H
Originally Posted by TheLastLemming76
Unions support Democrats as does just about all of corporate America. They both support Democrat causes. Global corporation executives favor share holders in order to maximize their own bonuses. They also love azz kissers lazy or not.

They’re isn’t much difference between the two but overall the average worker that shows up to work on time, leaves, on time and gives an honest days work without kissing azz usually does better as part of a union IMO. The ones with a PhD is following the boss around usually do best in non union work. That the hardest workers get promoted or that unions make the average worker better is a myth either way.

The corporation doesn’t give a damn about the worker. Unions wrapping themselves in the American flag are also BS.

I don’t like conglomerates or unions but the typical worker that works hard and hates playing politics or kissing azz usually does better in a union IMO. I’ve worked both. Been, nonunion for about 10 years. There’s also a huge difference between unions. The UAW has too much power. The IBEW at my local had very little. Pay was a lot better with the IBEW but it was offset by more travel, zero vacation days or sick days and no paid holidays. “You take off what you can afford to take off.” Not at all what most people think of when they think unions.

Nuff said

IC B3

H
Huntz Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by earlybrd
K.huntz you evr find ur cheese hat?

Some day I will , I bet your brain will be close by.

Its all right to be white!!
Stupidity left unattended will run rampant
Don't argue with stupid people, They will drag you down to their level and then win by experience
Campfire Savant
Campfire Savant
I’ve been a member of Plumbers Local 68 since 71. Unions are good and bad. Better training, better working conditions, much safer. I never liked the vote democunt no matter how sorry the candidates were.

C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
Huntz,

You will not find enough brains here to even read your post, nor will they be able to understand it. To reply in an intelligent manner is impossible for the brain trust here.
Mac is a great example of a bad example.

I get a union pension, spent a lot of years in Heavy & Highway in the Chicago area. The non -union contractors ....can't tie their own shoes or get to work on time.

I always negotiated my own hourly wage and did very ,very well.

I was in management , in the field, I was often asked to get out of the union and work for salary......some dummies did that.

I am against government unions ......the Janus decision in Illinois a few years ago has started to change that.

Interesting article Huntz....don't let the idiots get you down.

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Unions exist above the Mason-Dixon Line! Damn Yankees were taught they're better than Jesus Christ!

Even birds know not to land downwind!
1 member likes this: milespatton
H
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
H
Originally Posted by Sharpsman
Unions exist above the Mason-Dixon Line! Damn Yankees were taught they're better than Jesus Christ!

Im a yankee. Worked Union for lotta years,Lots. I dont live to far from you. Been down this way for over a decade.Have met a bunch of good people and have made lots of good friends in that time. Have hunted with people from South Lousiana for over 30 years, they are the reason i made the decision to move my family across the country and start over. 1200 miles from Home.

Your comment pisses me off. Hope you and i never cross same path

Last edited by hitman; 05/11/24.
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
It is interesting that when the U.S. government occupied Japan after they surrendered that the U.S. insisted upon unionizing Japanese labor. Wonder why? It must have been a good thing. Japan took off like gangbusters and grew economically for several decades. Now that they figured out just as did Americans how to hire scab slave labor outside the country they're not doing so well and neither are we. Our best years of growth were before the right to work for less laws got popular.

Truman vetoed the dastardly Taft-Hartley Act but congress over rode him.

All of you folks that are so proud of your self negotiated pay wouldn't make squat if the companies weren't fearful of unionization. We have an IP paper mill locally that is union. There is a non-union IP mill 50 miles away that pays union scale in an effort to prevent unionization.

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.
Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."
Hebrew Roots Judaizer
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
The only time I ever felt like I needed a union was when I worked fir the state of Utah. They lied to me about repaying Mt student loans after a year and forced us to work 16 hours of overtime every other week but didn't pay time and a half for it. I heard one nurse filed a lawsuit against them and a few weeks later lost his license.

After I found they weren't paying my loans back I just quit and found a better job. But despite what all the leftists say about capitalism and big businesses it was the state that treated me the worst. Luckily it was easy for me to find a job then.

Bb

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Yankees- - - - -come south on vacation- - - -spend lots of money- - - - -go back where they came from.

Damyankees- - - -move south to live and bring their rude, superior attitude case and their blue state politics with them.

Damyankee azzoles trick one of our women into marrying them.

The jury is still out on whether closing the damyankee hunting season in 1865 was a good choice.

Ignorance can be fixed. Stupid is forever!
1 member likes this: milespatton
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
When a union tradesman goes out on his own and opens his own business, he hires only union guys right?

Lol

S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
Unions suck, but.....If they could get rid of all the union labor in the automotive industry, I seriously doubt the prices would come down. Most of the factories are pretty much automated. Biggest problem for the automakers is our Govt and the EPA constantly moving the goalposts.

Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

545 members (10gaugemag, 12344mag, 10gaugeman, 160user, 1badf350, 10ring1, 65 invisible), 17,698 guests, and 1,273 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,869
Posts18,537,838
Members74,050
Most Online20,796

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.