F

GB1

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Very good deal..

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
I’ll save everyone the trouble. Long, long gone. I was the 17th caller this morning.

G
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
G
Can you say S-T-E-A-L, an extremely nice M/70 from an era when quality was at its peak. I've owned several from around that time period, all shot extremely well. Those rifles are all that I've hunted with for the last 50 years.

Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
That one was on the regular Cabela's website for a good two weeks. Im halfway on the hunt for a deer rifle for my son. I've got a bunch of points, but want something with less recoil than a 30-06.

IC B2

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by keystoneben
That one was on the regular Cabela's website for a good two weeks. Im halfway on the hunt for a deer rifle for my son. I've got a bunch of points, but want something with less recoil than a 30-06.
Never saw it until yesterday. Are you sure? Usually the stuff gets listed on G.I. the day after it hits their website.

G
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
G
.30-06 with 150 or 165gr. bullets recoil is manageable and both rounds are very effective on deer. The last two whitetails that I've taken were with 165gr. loads in .30-06. I'm shooting those loads because I've had rotator cuff surgery on both shoulders.

Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by AKwolverine
Never saw it until yesterday. Are you sure? Usually the stuff gets listed on G.I. the day after it hits their website.

Yeah I'm positive, if it was anything other than an 06 I would have went for it. Ive been checking it pretty regularly all winter.

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B

I believe that. Cabela's is either hit or miss. Some guys don't think to look there, for some reason. I've found some damn good deals. The nice thing, is they are always willing to go down on the price. That rifle, there, I would have been able to buy for $650.00, probably, had I seen it in the store in person.. Good luck with finding your son a good hunting rifle. Does it need to be a pre 64 model 70? I'd look for a nice Tikka, probably, to tell you the truth.. Or a classic model 70..

I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.

BSA MAGA
I
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I
Likely good price yet as "shooter" but also as achieving "collector status"... Not! A 22" barrel is altered as Standard Grade should be 24". I'd wonder why altered and whether such as bulged barrel or some other catastrophize impinging as well on other harm. The alteration makes little apparent sense beyond mitigation of some ill! Kudos to the seller for specifically noting barrel length and pix of the altered barrel & "forged integral" era ramp sight feature lost. If all otherwise original and good condition, action & stock combo component value likely exceeding the asking price!
Just my take
Best!
John

IC B3

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by iskra
Likely good price yet as "shooter" but also as achieving "collector status"... Not! A 22" barrel is altered as Standard Grade should be 24". I'd wonder why altered and whether such as bulged barrel or some other catastrophize impinging as well on other harm. The alteration makes little apparent sense beyond mitigation of some ill! Kudos to the seller for specifically noting barrel length and pix of the altered barrel & "forged integral" era ramp sight feature lost. If all otherwise original and good condition, action & stock combo component value likely exceeding the asking price!
Just my take
Best!
John

That's a typo John. You can tell by looking at it, that it has a 24" tube. Or at least from this side of the screen it appears to be correct and original. Yet, that is a great deal. Or was a great deal.

BSA MAGA
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter

I believe that. Cabela's is either hit or miss. Some guys don't think to look there, for some reason. I've found some damn good deals. The nice thing, is they are always willing to go down on the price. That rifle, there, I would have been able to buy for $650.00, probably, had I seen it in the store in person.. Good luck with finding your son a good hunting rifle. Does it need to be a pre 64 model 70? I'd look for a nice Tikka, probably, to tell you the truth.. Or a classic model 70..

Just a quick note on Cabelas. A few months ago 260Rem mentioned a Model 52 Win in a Nebraska store. I looked it up, said I’ll buy it.. well, it took over a month to get to my FFL, but it was packaged so poorly the bolt and magazine were missing. I refused the transfer and sent it back. That was easily a month and half ago. I’ve tried calling everyone but Santa to get my money back but I can say this, I’m not dealing with them any longer. I know they have some nice stuff but unless it’s in a store I ain’t touching it. Complete horror story compared to what they once were.

Food for thought.

Semper Fi
1 member likes this: railman58
Campfire Regular
Online Mad
Campfire Regular
The only similarity between the current company and the one from 20 years ago, is the name. Remember “ satisfaction guaranteed or your money back”? I refuse to buy anything there anymore. Whats happening with them is exactly what happened with Herters. Once Bass Pro squeezes every cent they can out of the name, they’ll sell it and someone else will give it a try. I’m done with them, your story is just another example of why.

Deadlines and commitments, what to leave in, what to leave out...
B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by beretzs

Just a quick note on Cabelas. A few months ago 260Rem mentioned a Model 52 Win in a Nebraska store. I looked it up, said I’ll buy it.. well, it took over a month to get to my FFL, but it was packaged so poorly the bolt and magazine were missing. I refused the transfer and sent it back. That was easily a month and half ago. I’ve tried calling everyone but Santa to get my money back but I can say this, I’m not dealing with them any longer. I know they have some nice stuff but unless it’s in a store I ain’t touching it. Complete horror story compared to what they once were.

Food for thought.

I wouldn't trust them to ship a rifle directly to my FFL. I'd have them send it to a Cabela's near by, for examination. If I like it, I'd buy it. I'll agree though, it's much better when you can check it out at the store. I've gotten a lot of great deals from them. In Oregon, Idaho, and Nevada..

BSA MAGA
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
I’ll save everyone the trouble. Long, long gone. I was the 17th caller this morning.

This may have been the steal of the century!!

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by Marshal_Dillon

This may have been the steal of the century!!

Not really.

BSA MAGA
I
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I
Originally Posted by iskra
Just my take
Best!
John

That's a typo John. You can tell by looking at it, that it has a 24" tube. Or at least from this side of the screen it appears to be correct and original. Yet, that is a great deal. Or was a great deal.

Thanks for the update. Of course, I went by the the representation! Thanks for the superior eyesight & all the better for presumed returned to "Collector" potential. Of course, that comports even less with pricing, but not to complain!

Best!
John

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

571 members (007FJ, 10gaugeman, 1beaver_shooter, 1badf350, 12344mag, 17CalFan, 61 invisible), 14,661 guests, and 1,080 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,195,169
Posts18,542,977
Members74,058
Most Online21,066
May 26th, 2024

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.