Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
Originally Posted by alwaysoutdoors
Or EBay should change their rules because one Fudd doesn’t know the difference between buyer and seller. 😂

See, see what I mean! Buncha phuggin lightweights on here! Never been anywhere commenting on post counts is funnier than crisco being compared to mick poet.

LOL

mike r

Don't wish it were easier
Wish you were better

Stab them in the taint, you can't put a tourniquet on that.
Craig Douglas ECQC
GB1

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Thankfully, the guy is very reasonable, and just contacted me, telling me he figured out what must have happened, and turned down my offer to buy it at a higher price than he was asking.

I've dealt with a lot of good people on ebay. Sounds like he did the right thing. I hear you about keeping your 100% positive feedback rating though. Glad it worked out well, like I figured it would. Like I said though, most people there are just like you and I. They are pretty understanding.

Originally Posted by Teal
That's messed up. Hope he's decent about it.
He's been totally cool about it. Apparently, since I looked at his ad as a general model for my own, he was alerted that I was looking, and figured I was shopping for those pants, so made the offer.

Usually, you have to put an item on your "watch list", in order to receive an offer, from a seller.

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
NV Hunter....I know you are dripping sarcasm with that statement...and it is funnier than hell. I'm Mr. Boomerbumbles.
I took a long vacation from selling surplus gun parts, sights, and optics on ebay...about 5 yrs more or less...then just last week I posted an item. They have made big changes, seems to this tech idiot that they have reduced the options for proper listing of unique items. And they must be getting a little kickback on USPS shipping, they push hard to get you to use their USPS template...it is somewhat difficult to select 'free shipping'. Everything is geared to hi volume junk sellers, rhinestone flip flops and beanie babies. If it doesn't fit their high volume sales template...it gets very limited exposure. And there is a constant hustle to get you to opt for 'promotional advertising'...at a price of course.
I will admit...state of the art photo uploads, though.

Last edited by flintlocke; 05/13/24.

Well this is a fine pickle we're in, should'a listened to Joe McCarthy and George Orwell I guess.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Idaho_Shooter
Can you please explain how you contacted ebay?

All I can find is circuitous routes through their FAQs list.
LOL. I know what you mean. They don't make it easy.

What you have to do is to go to help and just cooperate with the BS AI questions till you have exhausted them all. Just say that you haven't been helped over and over to the prompt, and then give a thumbs down at the end. You will then be asked if you want to contact an agent. Say yes, and one of the options will be to have them call you. Choose that. They will call within a minute or two.
Thank you, I am having issues with a purchase. I bought a set of RCBS FL 270 WSM dies. I was delivered a set 270 Win dies.

The seller can not or will not provide me with a return label. I even offered to mail it back at my expense, if they would only give me an address. They refused.

I am now going through the process of contesting the charge via Cap One.
Pm incoming

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Teal
That's messed up. Hope he's decent about it.
He's been totally cool about it. Apparently, since I looked at his ad as a general model for my own, he was alerted that I was looking, and figured I was shopping for those pants, so made the offer.

That's how it works and I use it to my advantage.

I see something I want, I put it on my watch list and most often a day or two later the seller will offer me a discounted price because "I showed interest in the item". If the discount isn't low enough and there's a counter offer option I go that route for a little bit more off. If the seller accepts I am obligated to buy it. If they reject my counter then I either buy it at the original discount or go my seperate way.

I prefer peace. But if trouble must come, let it come in my time, so that my children may live in peace. ~~ Thomas Paine
IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Can you please explain how you contacted ebay?

All I can find is circuitous routes through their FAQs list.
LOL. I know what you mean. They don't make it easy.

What you have to do is to go to help and just cooperate with the BS AI questions till you have exhausted them all. Just say that you haven't been helped over and over to the prompt, and then give a thumbs down at the end. You will then be asked if you want to contact an agent. Say yes, and one of the options will be to have them call you. Choose that. They will call within a minute or two.
Thank you, I am having issues with a purchase. I bought a set of RCBS FL 270 WSM dies. I was delivered a set 270 Win dies.

The seller can not or will not provide me with a return label. I even offered to mail it back at my expense, if they would only give me an address. They refused.

I am now going through the process of contesting the charge via Cap One.

Did the ad say "protected by eBay 100% money back guarantee"?

Never buy something that doesn't have that. It's a channel to get your money back if you didn't get exactly what you paid for regardless of if the seller accepts returns or not.

I prefer peace. But if trouble must come, let it come in my time, so that my children may live in peace. ~~ Thomas Paine
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
sold a gauge cluster for Toyota pickup. PUt in the ad make sure it fits these model years and buyer does not accept returns.

Guy got it, said it didn't fit and wanted his money back.

I told him sorry, no, he filed a claim with ebay/Paypal and they sided with him, so he got a full refund, sent it back and I had to eat shipping.

After that I am done with eBay in terms of selling anything.

Facebook Marketplace works better for me

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I put a pair of heavy wool hunting pants up for sale on eBay. Someone with an identical item contacted me with a $75.00 "offer." I assumed it was an offer to buy my pants, but it was an offer to sell an identical pair of pants he had for sale. Not wishing to accept only $75.00, I made a counter offer of $90.00. I was then told that the other guy will receive my counter offer.

I assumed that this was a guy trying to buy my pants. It was a guy who sent me an unsolicited offer to buy an identical pair that he has up for sale. So, what actually happened was that he offered to sell me an identical pair of pants for $75.00, and then I offered to buy them for $90.00.

As soon as I figured out what happened, I tried to figure a way to withdraw that counter offer, but there doesn't appear to be any such option. I call eBay, and they tell me I have to make a request to the guy to be let out of the sale. That's absurd. There should be a simple way to correct an error, especially if someone sends you an unsolicited offer to sell you the exact pants you're trying to sell. That shouldn't even be allowed.

So now, eBay tells me, I'm at this guy's mercy to not accept my counter offer. They tell me that my best option is to refuse to pay for it, and then take a hit to my long time 100% positive rating.

Pretty crafty scam I think. I’ll be surprised if those $90 pants show up.

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Friend of mine had a couple of items on ebay several years ago and a buyer hit the "buy now" button. They exchanged emails and everything seemed fine. The next day the buyer contacted him and told him that he had cheated him. He asked him how was this? He hadnt received his payment and he hadnt shipped him the item yet. At first he thought he had him confused with someone else, but the buyer insisted that the item wasnt what he had advertised it as being. This went on for a few emails and he finally told him to stop bothering him with nonsense. The buyer gave him an ugly review and accused him of being a scammer.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

114 members (10gaugemag, 24HourCampFireGuy50, 300_savage, 1_deuce, 3333vl, 358WCF, 21 invisible), 15,090 guests, and 1,165 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,195,228
Posts18,543,978
Members74,060
Most Online21,066
May 26th, 2024

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.