Hello,

Today I decided to test all the hollowpoint .22 I had on hand. The results for the Stingers are omitted because they did not shoot well at all.

[Linked Image]
First, CCI subsonics. I used my last five, and was able to pull a better group than I did yesterday. I'm now considering this for hunting use.

[Linked Image]
Next was my favorite, CCI Mini Mag Hollowpoint. Accuracy was acceptable. This is the best group out of two.

[Linked Image]
This rifle does not like Velocitors. While the group is acceptable if I discount the flyer, this stuff isn't as accurate.

[Linked Image]
Federal bulk pack was the worst, not including the Stingers. The Federal bulk stuff demonstrated that it was cheaply made by giving different reports and different recoil.

[Linked Image]
This is by far the best group I've shot. There are five on that target. I'm not sure whether that flyer was me or the gun.

I wasn't shooting as well as yesterday - I could feel it. I wasn't zoning in like I usually do. I was also dwelling on the target too long, "chasing" the bullseye.

Still, pretty good results, and I'd have to be crazy to mess with the gun, right? Never claimed to be sane... wink

I was not liking the trigger. It was feeling pretty heavy there toward the end, and was definitely affecting my shooting.

So, I pulled the action, detail stripped it, and polished all contact points along the trigger and sear. I kept the heavy pull since it's a hunting rifle and not a target gun, but the trigger pull is a lot smoother now.

I figured as long as I had the action pulled, I may as well take the rough spots out of the receiver bed...

... And I further figured, since I had the action pulled and sandpaper and tools out, why not just float the barrel and see if that helps the flyers?

Then it got dark. The rifle's finished; a dollar bill will just baaarely slide between the barrel and stock. I'll have to wait until tomorrow to sight it back in though.

We'll see what happens!

Josh <><