Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
L
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
L
anyone here have a ground blind "blueprint"...maybe simply some measurements I can take to home depot to have them just pre-cut some panels and posts for me to build a simple ground blind in the field. Don't need anything fancy, just something to hide in.

Dave

GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I don't have a blue print but I have found that 4 foot by 4 foot sides with swivel chair in the center is just right for the sides to be gun rests. When I am resting the gun on one side the adjacent side is just right for my elbow. miles

Look out for number 1, don't step in number 2.
L
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
L
how do you attach the sides together? and do you put a roof on it?

Dave

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I am not using a ground blind but an elevated stand made of 2x4 lumber, screwed together. miles

Look out for number 1, don't step in number 2.
N
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
N
When my son started hunting I invested in a "Yukon Dispatcher" hub style blind and I love it. The hub style is very sturdy compared to the ones that fly open when you take them out of the bag and I can never get them back in. You are probably looking for something more permanent but I got these on sale for 80 bucks and we have been using them for about 3-4 years now and they work great. The only disadvantage to being on the ground is limited visibility if in the woods and if deer come from behind they suprise the heck out of you. My son had a MONSTER 10 point whitetail trot from behind him and pass about 10 feet on his right and before he could do anything the deer was gone.

IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by lubbockdave
anyone here have a ground blind "blueprint"...maybe simply some measurements I can take to home depot to have them just pre-cut some panels and posts for me to build a simple ground blind in the field. Don't need anything fancy, just something to hide in.

Dave

PM sent Dave.
I have some plans that I made a while back and built a couple of stands from them.
Email me and I'll send them to ya.

DT

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
I will try and locate my latest measurements. Very permanent type ground blind, but great in the cold, rain or accompanied by a busy 8 year old.

stumpy

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
i've been trying to build a ground stand on a 5x10 trailer that i own. i'm going to work on it this weekend. this way i can move it around in the deer lease.

we didn't get to the top of the food chain
to eat salad.
J
jmj Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
http://members.tripod.com/~dirtydog_2/deer_stands_index-2.html

try this site. lots of ideas

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Dave I wish you were closer.I have a plan for a blind built from 2x2's and masonite siding.It's built in 5 pieces and can be stacked on it's edge in the back of a pickup and put up by one man...whether on the ground or on a tower. powdr

IC B3

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
I have built a couple that were bolted together. Then a roof which fits over the works like a cap.

stumpy

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Anyone with plans....I"m interested in a hexagon stand. Was thinking hard and will build even if I have to draw them myself, 4 foot wide walls x 6 walls. Tapered roof. All walls 2x2 framed and allow to screw together after platform and base is in the air.

Would have to figure angles if no one has plans.

Also last one we did that way went with sheetrock screws.... anything change since then?

Thanks, Jeff

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Treated 2x2's and treated plywood, screwed together, tin roof over ply so it's not so dang hot! 4x4 stand for one, 4x6 for two.....I don't like ground blinds, snakes, animals, etc. I like 'em at least 4 feet off ground, or more..... depending on thicket.

All American

All the time
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Tin roof over thin treated plywood... how noisy is it?? or maybe coat the tin with bedliner? I'll have my stand in an oak tree more or less....so big drops at times... What about the fiberglass"tin" over wood?

I'm gonna be stubborn and do the hexagon just because.... plus it'll be more interesting with angle cuts of all the walls..

Jeff

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Instead of tin consider double layered tar paper or shingles if you have some laying around. Tin roofs are noisy and plastic/fb'glass not much better. Tin ain't cheap anymore either unless you or a podnah have some spare stuff laying around.

OT

The degree of my privacy is no business of yours.

What we've learned from history is that we haven't learned from it.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
When raining the woods are loud anyway, animals don't pay any attention to the tin on stands......

All American

All the time
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Other issues like, e.g., overcup acorns, pieces of limb(s), etc. will spook them and startle you, too but ymmv on those.

Out in the open, like in W. Tx. sage, a field, etc., no problem but they're still noisy.

OT

The degree of my privacy is no business of yours.

What we've learned from history is that we haven't learned from it.
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
I don't care for stands much... I'm more of a tripod person and really actually just sitting by trees is my speed. But on this lease its a stand only basically, so we live with it....

Thanks for all the input! I"d thought shingles but that'll be too heavy to get up there... we'll see how it goes.

Jeff

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

609 members (10Glocks, 06hunter59, 10gaugemag, 007FJ, 12344mag, 59 invisible), 2,672 guests, and 1,415 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,409
Posts18,528,111
Members74,031
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.