Hop To
G
GregW Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
G
Dumb questions fellas but...

Got a swivel stud on the front and a plain loop (for lack of a better term) for the rear sling attachment that came with the stock on my AR...

Like this...

[Linked Image]

How are you fellas slinging your AR's with this set-up? All the slings I have lying around have 2 swivle stud attachments not compatible with this rear loop I have...

Than

- Greg

Success is found at the intersection of planning, hard work, and stubbornness.
GB1

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
You have the swivel up front, then somehow your slings have the swivel in the rear attached, screw, sewn etc.. you unhitch that one and attach to the fixed swivel.

I generally just use a military nylon 1 inch sling, quite, super strong, and you can slip it in the bottom with its hardware as neeeded.

Otehrs will have different methods.

Still shooting ok?

Jeff

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
I use a super sling which has two screws to take it apart. It comes with two swivel attachments so you can leave one on for the front and take the other off and run the sling through the rear loop.

[Linked Image]

L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
I read the title, and my answer was going to be 30 feet, but never mind.

G
GregW Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by rost495
You have the swivel up front, then somehow your slings have the swivel in the rear attached, screw, sewn etc.. you unhitch that one and attach to the fixed swivel.

I generally just use a military nylon 1 inch sling, quite, super strong, and you can slip it in the bottom with its hardware as neeeded.

Otehrs will have different methods.

Still shooting ok?

Jeff

Thanks fellas...
I was going to take them apart and do this anyway but figured I'd ask and make sure there was not another solution that I was not aware of...

Still shooting fine Jeff...

- Greg

IC B2

G
GregW Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
G
Foxbat,

I've got a Super Sling II lying around and I haven't inspected it close enough to see how the swivel screws in the rear are fastened. When I get a chance I'll muck with it this week...

Thanks...

- Greg

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Lewis, I can get more than 30 feet from a mag when I'm pizzed... I suspect we could get more than that from the rifle, its BC should be higher than the mag alone... though the starting velocity is not great, it won't fall off quickly like the aluminum mag would?
Thoughts?

Jeff

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
N
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
N
Originally Posted by lewis perkins
I read the title, and my answer was going to be 30 feet, but never mind.

laugh

Biden's most truthful quote ever came during his first press conference, 03/25/21.
Drum roll please...... "I don't know, to be clear." and THAT is one promise he's kept!!!

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

599 members (1eyedmule, 21, 160user, 1beaver_shooter, 1badf350, 67 invisible), 3,927 guests, and 1,338 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,759
Posts18,535,662
Members74,041
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.