Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
I heard they never were made by Tasco, just marketed by them when they wanted to get a US government contract. Heard they started being made by Hakko and still are. I had an early one six or sever years ago but was expecting more in clarity of the glass. I let it go but would not rule out trying another one out if the right rifle needed some tactical glass. With the advances in coatings and production methods, I might find more satisfaction with a newer model. I don't figure SWFA would benefit by promoting a disappointing product. Also would trust Shanes opinion on good glass.

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
GB1

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
you heard wrong, they were made by TASCO or one of the chinese factories that assemple scopes for them. it was a marketing thing that it was considered for the military. any optic company can send their scope to the military for consideration.

we didn't get to the top of the food chain
to eat salad.
R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Actually they won Navy contract # N00164-93-C-20. It seems you don't like them. Ever used or seen one?

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
U
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
U
If I was really going into battle or was an operational sniper, my rifle would have something in the MK4,S&B,Nightforce,USO class. But since I just poke holes in paper and chase the occassional pesky varmint, the SS I have is more than sufficient to the task.

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
yeh, i've seen one on top of my .223 rifle.
your attitude really suck, i'm telling you my facts from CHRIS at SWFA. we hunted together and i got few thousands dollars spend on his optics. don't act like you know everything, because you know sh***t

we didn't get to the top of the food chain
to eat salad.
IC B2

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
I didn't mean to offend you Sambo. Have a nice day.

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Sambo, lighten up,, You made the first move by declaring they were made in China,, maybe they are,, I have always been lead to believe they are made in Japan by Hakko,,I own two of them myself and love them, Funny that SWFA has such a Long list of praise for the Super Sniper but yet you hunted with Chris and from Your interpretation they are nothing more than Chinese junk,, who has the attitude here ? It amazes me how fragile some of the men are on this site are,,unbelievable

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by DixieFreedoms
The SWFA super sniper 10x are still just 300 dollars. I have a friend who has one glued to his 338 Lapua with great results.

With 120moa internals and positive tracking... who cares if the glass ain't so perfect.

I think I'll get me one afore they discontinue them or raise the price!

smirk smirk smirk smirk smirk smirk smirk grin

A
A
here is a post on the Optics Talk forum of SWFA. This was posted by Chris himself -

The factory that makes them is proprietary information. They have always been made in the same factory in Japan since their inception and they have always been built to the same specs. Nothing has ever changed. There is a fraudulent dealer claiming to sell super sniper scopes made by Hakko. Hakko makes fine scopes but they have never had anything to do with our Super Sniper.

Not sure why he would say that and tell you Sambo that they were made in China.

K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
Super Sniper scopes are made by Kenko industries in Japan. Kenko is a subsidiary of Hoya Optics. They have always been made in the same place, to the best of my knowledge. They were marketed by Tasco originally. SWFA has owned all rights to Super Sniper scopes for a few years now. Mechanically, Super Snipers have always been very good. The glass went through a substantial improvement a couple of years ago.

ILya

IC B3

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Koshkin, Thanks for the good info, nice to finally know who made the Super Snipers, Thanks

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

672 members (1beaver_shooter, 10gaugeman, 1234, 19rabbit52, 163bc, 12344mag, 80 invisible), 3,001 guests, and 1,349 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,430
Posts18,528,514
Members74,033
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.