Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
billg Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Anyone have any experience with this or any other Parker Bows? I'm in the market to get back into bow hunting and have been shooting a lot of different bows and this one is noticably easier to draw. It has a rounder cam than most of the bows on the market, but still produces 230 amo. I don't anticipate shooting more than 60lbs so amo speed is all I'm interested in and 230 seems to be in the ballpark of most top of the line bows. It's very quiet light and easy to handle. I went into this thinking I would be getting a Matthews, but I just can't find one that draws as easy as the Parker. Any first-hand experience out there?TIA--Bill

It's the hunt, not the kill.
GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
The parkers are good bows. I shot their entire line when the rep came to the shop. was impressed with the smoothness of the ez draw. It is not as fast as some of the other bows out there but it is smooth to draw and shoot. It attracted my attention because i have bad shoulders. Was able to draw it without that initial "jerk" of the string to get everything rolling. They are good quality bows but there will always be something better. As for how fast it is doesnt matter. Remember in bowhunting speed kills but silence is deadly.

Crossed Arrows Archery LLC
Authorized Obsession Bows Dealer
Custom Strings/Tuning
www.crossedarrowsarcheryllc.com
Black Eagle Arrows Pro Staff, Montana Black Gold Shooting Staff, Dead Center Archery Products Shooting Staff
billg Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Encore-- Thanks for the reply. I too have a bad right shoulder and all the bows with the more aggressive cams seemed to stack-up on me right at the roll-over point. I'm sure I'll get better with practice, but I'm sure leaning toward the E-Z draw.--Bill

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Parker bows are great hunting bows. Light, quiet and plenty of speed for hunting. Great company to deal with too. I shot a 60 lb. EZ Draw. It felt more like 50 lbs. It chrono'd 239 with a 437 grain arrow and 256 with a 352 grain arrow. Plenty fast for hunting.

billg Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Nyagwai-- Thanks for the input. I'm thinking that if, after practice, I'm comfortable shooting 65-70 lbs, I could simply change to the 70lb cam on the same bow. Am I correct? Those were great speeds you cronied, better than the advertised 230 amo and certainly fast enough for hunting.--Bill

IC B2

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
You would have to change the limbs to get 70 lbs. Another option is getting the 60-70 and start at 60. More than likely, you will lose a little performance compared to the 60 pounder maxed out, but not that much, and you always have the option of increasing poundage later. I'm not sure if you have but look at the others in the Parker line as well. They all have a pretty smooth draw, except the Force Multiplier. If your just getting back into it, don't over poundage yourself. Just not needed with todays bows and it can really take the fun out of it. AMO is 540 gr. arrow at 60 lbs and 30 in draw. The bow I shot was a 29 in draw. A 540 gr arrow would probably have clocked around 220 give or take a few. Pretty much right on with the AMO rating. It's a good bow, no doubt about it.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

591 members (10Glocks, 12344mag, 16Racing, 1234, 160user, 10gaugeman, 61 invisible), 2,488 guests, and 1,305 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,346
Posts18,526,939
Members74,031
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.